Match Thread Coventry City vs Middlesbrough Play off Semi final 1st leg Match Thread -Sunday 14th May (4 Viewers)

Mr Panda

Anyone’s guess where this goes now. Part of me thinks even if we snatched a goal and went there with a lead I’d be more nervy having to protect it. I’m taking the 0-0

Pressures on them to put us to bed, that opens up opportunities for us on the break. Boro had it all first half but couldn’t sustain it past 70 when they just seemed to fall apart themselves.

It’s going to be tough but there’s definitely an opportunity in there for us.

My hope for Wednesday is that we bring Sheaf in for Eccles, Allen in for Godden

Hobo

Anyone’s guess where this goes now. Part of me thinks even if we snatched a goal and went there with a lead I’d be more nervy having to protect it. I’m taking the 0-0

Pressures on them to put us to bed, that opens up opportunities for us on the break. Boro had it all first half but couldn’t sustain it past 70 when they just seemed to fall apart themselves.

Allen for Godden but stick with Sheaf on the bench.

Gint11

Stick it in the dressing room at Ryton tomorrow

team talk sorted

Gint11

they dominated first half and still didn’t beat us. We’ve got these.

Briles

Thing is if they double up on gyokeres we are fucked. Usually sticking two on him frees up someone else to be free in attack. But hamer was sat deep and Allen didn't come on until late. Defo needs a rethink for weds

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is if theydouble up on gyokeres we are fucked. Usually sticking two on him frees up someone else to be free in attack. But hamer was sat deep and Allen didn't come on until late. Defo needs a rethink for weds

Attacking midfielders required

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

Thing is if they double up on gyokeres we are fucked. Usually sticking two on him frees up someone else to be free in attack. But hamer was sat deep and Allen didn't come on until late. Defo needs a rethink for weds

And that's why Godden was so poor. Couldn't get involved when Boro had their whole back 4 on Vik.

Matt smith

If godden doesn’t play means Gus can be more of an 8 than a six as you’ll have Allen’s legs too

we need to defend for our lives deep and let our two match winners live up to what’s expected of them

mrfr

I tell you what, Steffen might be good with the ball at his feet but he isn’t as good as he thinks he is. I’d love him to make a massive rick on Wednesday. His position when Boro are in possession is also bonkers, if I were one of our defenders I’d be practising 90yard bullets for the next couple of days. 😂

I thought we did okay today, kept us in it. I was more concerned about us performing today than I am about Wednesday. I think Robins will have to make a change in the middle of the park to try and take some control in there - we were so dependant on Gus breaking up and creating today that we ended up losing some of his incisiveness and some of his ability to control the game.

Big Sean Maguire off the bench with the winner, you read it here first ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

I tell you what, Steffen might be good with the ball at his feet but he isn’t as good as he thinks he is. I’d love him to make a massive rick on Wednesday. His position when Boro are in possession is also bonkers, if I were one of our defenders I’d be practising 90yard bullets for the next couple of days. 😂

I thought we did okay today, kept us in it. I was more concerned about us performing today than I am about Wednesday. I think Robins will have to make a change in the middle of the park to try and take some control in there - we were so dependant on Gus breaking up and creating today that we ended up losing some of his incisiveness and some of his ability to control the game.

Big Sean Maguire off the bench with the winner, you read it here first ;)

He doesn’t convince me at all but he wasn’t tested once today.

Matt smith

Feel guttered first chance of getting back into the premiership in 22 years. turned up at the races with too many passengers
Bit of perspective

bottom six budget

they’ve got premier league firepower

I’m normally/guilty of being negative but it’s not over yet, they’re obviously favourites but if we sit in and counter effectively we can do it

Matt smith

I don't think he's fit enough.

The fact he hasn't played a single minute in these last two games when he could have built some game time up suggests to me he's not ready.
Yeah fair comment, I was suprised he didn’t come on today

I just really think he needs to start haha

RegTheDonk

Diasppointed but not dispondent. Only worry is they created more than we did. Would having one up front with more in support do that?

blunted

I get the feeling they think they have already won it. They are now big favourites to go through but it is a cup match. Lot depends on Hamer's fitness

kingfield park skyblues

Bit of perspective

bottom six budget

they’ve got premier league firepower

I’m normally/guilty of being negative but it’s not over yet, they’re obviously favourites but if we sit in and counter effectively we can do it
What bullshit, low budget means players can not shoot on target. Better players on the bench. can not be selected due to low budget.favouritism has cost cov a chance of promotion, not low budget

Grendel

The last time we were in the playoffs we drew the home tie despite being marginally second best. Away leg will be 4-1 with Biamou scoring 2 after being brought in as an emergency loan. Heard it here first.

One of your funnier stand up moments that to be fair

Users who are viewing this thread