Match Thread Coventry City vs Middlesbrough Play off Semi final 1st leg Match Thread -Sunday 14th May (3 Viewers)

Garlana86

Meaningless to run a game and do fuck all with it though. Without doubt their arse is as twitchy as ours going into the second leg level.
Of course, I hope you're right. It's all to play for still. One win away and we're in the final.

My worry is what can we do differently? Godden was non existent today, and they marked gyokeres well. Hamer had a great game but spent a lot of it putting in decisive tackles. Lack of options off the bench hurts us. We were never favourites going into this game, I just hope we go into this away game with nothing to fear. Who knows what will happen but the odds are against us now.

ccfc1234

Of course, I hope you're right. It's all to play for still. One win away and we're in the final.

My worry is what can we do differently? Godden was non existent today, and they marked gyokeres well. Hamer had a great game but spent a lot of it putting in decisive tackles. Lack of options off the bench hurts us. We were never favourites going into this game, I just hope we go into this away game with nothing to fear. Who knows what will happen but the odds are against us now.
We can do quite a bit differently.

Play Allen for Godden and Vik up top by himself? Would allow us to press more in the midfield and get runners getting forward and breaking from midfield.

Play Sheaf for Eccles or Kelly and play both Sheaf and Gus as box to box midfielders with Kelly or Eccles protecting the back 3?

Walsgrave

One thing I noticed is that it looks like there is a real opportunity for Norton Cuffy to hurt Middlesborough and Giles down our right hand side. I think he showed promises of that today but if he can get to the byline more often and cut it back for Gyokeres or someone else in the box, then it could cause them problems.

Brighton Sky Blue

Carrick will have a few players back from injury he didn’t have this week, we might have Allen ready to start, maybe Sheaf too.

I would play a box midfield to be honest. The two up front today were feeding off scraps and when they did get the ball there wasn’t much support.

Macca

To manage expectations and rationalise disappointment. From 72 teams in 3 leagues only 10 will be promoted. So if we miss out we will be 1 of 62 in the same boat 😝

David O'Day

One thing I noticed is that it looks like there is a real opportunity for Norton Cuffy to hurt Middlesborough and Giles down our right hand side. I think he showed promises of that today but if he can get to the byline more often and cut it back for Gyokeres or someone else in the box, then it could cause them problems.
Yep, Giles as we know is pretty bad at defending

Nobbie_67

Will people really be upset if we don’t go up?
Not me, but the payments from being in the Premier League and subsequent parachute payments on relegation would be transformational for City, provided we have good heads at the helm and in charge of the team.

pusbccfc

Will people really be upset if we don’t go up?

Not really. It's more the fear of the summer when we lose Vik and probably Hamer while also have a big clear out.

shmmeee

Not really. It's more the fear of the summer when we lose Vik and probably Hamer while also have a big clear out.

Totally get that. Don’t want this era to end. But equally exciting to see what we can do from the proceeds of some of the best players we’ve had for decades.

Users who are viewing this thread