Coventry Evening Telegraph. (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

WASPS are better at their marketing than we are currently, WASPS (the new boys in town) seem more committed to the area than our current owners. I hate the whole idea of WASPS owning our stadium but the bitching that goes on here is pathetic. We need to create our own destiny now rather than compalining about the past and WASPs who have taken advantage of an opportunity created by oir owners.

SkyBlueZack

Funny how injustice only applies to certain people and scenarios too. Laughable that people say just move on, Wasps are here for good. Yet still berate SISU for a season in Northampton.

Nick

Administrator
WASPS are better at their marketing than we are currently, WASPS (the new boys in town) seem more committed to the area than our current owners. I hate the whole idea of WASPS owning our stadium but the bitching that goes on here is pathetic. We need to create our own destiny now rather than compalining about the past and WASPs who have taken advantage of an opportunity created by oir owners.

It isn't really bitching, I can see they have great marketing. I can see they have good PR.

My issue is how if 1 side does it then it is different to the other.

If you take scenarios and just switch the name between Wasps and CCFC and watch the reactions change...

The 1 that cracks me up is the 1 who was getting outraged about free tickets at Sixfields, demanding to know about them and how many there were. Then was on Twitter asking for Wasps freebies.

trondegilsoltvedt97

They are a European Cup, Premiership Rugby team - I expect them to be better at what they do (and have more staff, more money etc etc) than a League 1 football team with no stadium. I'd be shocked if they were not

skybluetony176

I got free tickets, but from the same place I could have at the Ricoh. So it was nothing to do with the location....

I forgot a permanent move is ok but not temporary!

But you never paid for a ticket? Seem to remember you used to use the fact that you only went when the tickets were free as a defence for going. Might be mixing you up with someone else but I'm pretty sure it was you. So if that was the case for you attending was it successful marketing or desperation?

By the way. I knew you'd predictably bring in the permanent/temporary argument when it was time to change the argument. You're getting predictable Nick.

Nick

Administrator
But you never paid for a ticket? Seem to remember you used to use the fact that you only went when the tickets were free as a defence for going. Might be mixing you up with someone else but I'm pretty sure it was you. So if that was the case for you attending was it successful marketing or desperation?

By the way. I knew you'd predictably bring in the permanent/temporary argument when it was time to change the argument. You're getting predictable Nick.

If you read my reply, I could have had free tickets before the move also from the same place. The fact there were free tickets had nothing to do with being at Sixfields as I would have probably been able to use them if we were at the Ricoh.

So it was neither marketing or desperation, or in fact anything to do with Sixfields.

The fact you also think I needed a "defence" for going?

Captain Dart

Also, if Wasps are ploughing shed loads of money into the Telegraph, they are hardly going to get grilled on issues are they? I doubt Simon will be firing FOI's in left right and centre to try and prove Wasps wrong like he does with Tim Fisher is he?

What are you on? There is no FOI with SISU or any non public body.

Captain Dart

So nobody has ever put in Fois to places to prove Fisher wrong?

I think they were trying to find out WTF was happening.

skybluetony176

If you read my reply, I could have had free tickets before the move also from the same place. The fact there were free tickets had nothing to do with being at Sixfields as I would have probably been able to use them if we were at the Ricoh.

So it was neither marketing or desperation, or in fact anything to do with Sixfields.

The fact you also think I needed a "defence" for going?

Did you pay for a Sixfields ticket ever?

Do you pay for Ricoh tickets?

lifeskyblue

What if wasps are here 5yrs or 10yrs or for ever? Eventually if they stay in Coventry they will be seen as a Coventry club. Younger people (football or rugby fans) will not be bothered by the history if they can only remember wasps playing at the Ricoh.
The city of Coventry benefits from successful sports teams in the media, local business on match days and possibly inward investment (I bet Leicester chambers of commerce, the universities etc) seeing increased interest in their respective areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Did you pay for a Sixfields ticket ever?

Do you pay for Ricoh tickets?
Why not just spit out your point on how you are trying to catch me out?

I could get free tickets before the move sometimes, from the same place. The fact I got them at sixfields was nothing to do with the location. It wasn't marketing or desperation. It would have been the same at the time if it was at the ricoh..

The first season back I had a match package as I worked a lot of weekends, now I don't I have a season ticket.

skybluetony176

So nobody has ever put in Fois to places to prove Fisher wrong?

What FOI's do you think the CT should be putting in and to whom to call the the bluff on which Wasps statements?

There was a very clear reason to put FOI's in off the back of the clubs statements. The CT weren't the only ones. In fact it was so easy to do the most surprising thing for me was that statement's that could easily be shown to be nonsense didn't stop coming after the first round of FOI's. It was like TF enjoys having his bluff called.

skybluetony176

Why not just spit out your point on how you are trying to catch me out?

I could get free tickets before the move sometimes, from the same place. The fact I got them at sixfields was nothing to do with the location. It wasn't marketing or desperation. It would have been the same at the time if it was at the ricoh..

The first season back I had a match package as I worked a lot of weekends, now I don't I have a season ticket.

So did you ever pay for a Sixfields ticket?

Nick

Administrator
What FOI's do you think the CT should be putting in and to whom to call the the bluff on which Wasps statements?

There was a very clear reason to put FOI's in off the back of the clubs statements. The CT weren't the only ones. In fact it was so easy to do the most surprising thing for me was that statement's that could easily be shown to be nonsense didn't stop coming after the first round of FOI's. It was like TF enjoys having his bluff called.

For example how much digging was done into the sale of the ST land? Not a public body granted, but they were both asked and both said no comment and it was left at that.

That was after the telegraph had had about 4 or 5 nudges and hints about it...

How much has been done about Wasps first interest? Ann Lucas said it was the July, court said a couple of years before.... Somebody telling porkies, not followed up.

skybluetony176

For example how much digging was done into the sale of the ST land? Not a public body granted, but they were both asked and both said no comment and it was left at that.

That was after the telegraph had had about 4 or 5 nudges and hints about it...

How much has been done about Wasps first interest? Ann Lucas said it was the July, court said a couple of years before.... Somebody telling porkies, not followed up.

You do know anyone can put in an FOI? It's a small fee, £5 IIRC. So if you really want answers to those questions there's absolutely nothing stopping you putting in those questions yourself and reporting your findings on here. You haven't got to get angry waiting for SG, LR or anyone else for that matter to do it for you. You can do it yourself.

SkyBlueZack

His point is if it was Fisher the CET would be falling over themselves to put the request in. With Wasps there is nothing. It's double standards. End of.

Nick

Administrator
You do know anyone can put in an FOI? It's a small fee, £5 IIRC. So if you really want answers to those questions there's absolutely nothing stopping you putting in those questions yourself and reporting your findings on here. You haven't got to get angry waiting for SG, LR or anyone else for that matter to do it for you. You can do it yourself.

Erm, that's not really what I was saying though is it?

The telegraph aren't going to do things like that while Wasps are throwing money at advertising are they?

What is the next question you want to ask and shall I call somebody to move the goalposts for you once you get your answer?

Haigha

You remember incorrectly... the FoI fee limit is set at £450.00 under Regulation 4 of the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004

skybluetony176

His point is if it was Fisher the CET would be falling over themselves to put the request in. With Wasps there is nothing. It's double standards. End of.

Have Wasps actually made any statement's that they've been talking to local authorities, highways agency, environment agency etc. and talked publicly about doing impact statements etc. such as TF did?

If you look at the Broadstreet arrangement I'd guess that they'd have to had talked to RBC at some point as I believe theirs some structures going up and from what I saw Wasps must have just kept their head's down, got on with whatever they needed to do and then announce it when the deal is done.

I would think even you can see the difference to what TF and Co was doing. TF and Co opened themselves up to FOI's by the statements that they were making and continued making even after getting caught out with the first round of FOI's.

fernandopartridge

It's free or should be to submit a request. Tories on about charging or withdrawing the right to request altogether though.

Nick

Administrator
Have Wasps actually made any statement's that they've been talking to local authorities, highways agency, environment agency etc. and talked publicly about doing impact statements etc. such as TF did?

If you look at the Broadstreet arrangement I'd guess that they'd have to had talked to RBC at some point as I believe theirs some structures going up and from what I saw Wasps must have just kept their head's down, got on with whatever they needed to do and then announce it when the deal is done.

I would think even you can see the difference to what TF and Co was doing. TF and Co opened themselves up to FOI's by the statements that they were making and continued making even after getting caught out with the first round of FOI's.

So you ask for situations that haven't had any "digging" into them but now it is different? Predictable argument there "It's different though"...

skybluetony176

Erm, that's not really what I was saying though is it?

The telegraph aren't going to do things like that while Wasps are throwing money at advertising are they?

What is the next question you want to ask and shall I call somebody to move the goalposts for you once you get your answer?

Neither is the observer as far as anyone can tell. Have you ever thought that the details are out and there is no need for FOI's? I know it doesn't fit in with your CT conspiracy theories but if the observer aren't doing it either you must admit that there is more than a chance that there isn't a story?

Nick

Administrator
Neither is the observer as far as anyone can tell. Have you ever thought that the details are out and there is no need for FOI's? I know it doesn't fit in with your CT conspiracy theories but if the observer aren't doing it either you must admit that there is more than a chance that there isn't a story?

What conspiracy theory? The one about them making deals to keep quiet?

skybluetony176

So you ask for situations that haven't had any "digging" into them but now it is different? Predictable argument there "It's different though"...

The FOI's were against specific statement's made by the club and people employed by the club to make statement's on behalf of the club.

What specific statements from Wasps do you want FOI's on? Wasn't the ST Whitley talk a rumour started on here? Do you think that the CT should put in an FOI of the back of rumours from this site?

Nick

Administrator
The FOI's were against specific statement's made by the club and people employed by the club to make statement's on behalf of the club.

What specific statements from Wasps do you want FOI's on? Wasn't the ST Whitley talk a rumour started on here? Do you think that the CT should put in an FOI of the back of rumours from this site?

The ST Whitley talk was started by ST employees...

What about the "When were Wasps first interested" type stuff? What about digging to find out about details of the deal?

Anything Wasps is pretty much a copy / paste from their PR team isn't it?

Captain Dart

You remember incorrectly... the FoI fee limit is set at £450.00 under Regulation 4 of the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004

£450 is a maximum, the authority answering can only charge the actual time spent at £25/hr.

I've done 3 or 4 FOI requests and never been charged, if they reckon it will take a lot of staff time to find the info. they quote you.

If they want to keep a secret they won't answer anyway & come up with some excuse (usually commercial confidentiality, Tims favourite) for not giving an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread