Coventry Strikers (3 Viewers)

gruffskyblue

I’ve been having a little fun on photoshop, as it is international break.

On their day and in their day, which two are you starting out of this magic 16?

Or feel free to add someone you think should be there.

Gruff

Attachments

• FE7AE7FF-B697-4BFF-9494-B704AF971877.jpeg
    FE7AE7FF-B697-4BFF-9494-B704AF971877.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225

slowpoke

Difficult, almost impossible many on here never saw the likes of George Hudson along with Ndlovu the most skilful and scored all types of goals, Colin Stein not on the list great all round centre-forward, then there’s Dion a talisman striker and leader, Robbie Keane brilliant for 12 months but then it was only 12 months his best years were elsewhere. Wallace and Ferguson the ultimate little and large combination and of course big Cyrille but as a lover of skilful players that get you off your seat and a bit of nostalgia the thought of George Hudson and Peter Ndlovu together gives me goose bumps.

Last edited:

fatso

What about 20 goals Bakayoko?

And there will be a fucking meltdown on here if you don't include Biamou!

Happy_Martian

Mick Harford - 1 game, 1 goal, 1 win ? Goals per minute stats would be amazing ;)

John Williams for his pace ?

Joking apart, there are too many to pick just two. Personally, I'd have Regis and Keane up front, Gally on the right wing and Nuddy on the left. Central midfield of Whelan and Speedie. Dublin would play but as CB. The rest would be on the bench, preaching the old Manure saying "We don't care how many we let in as we know we'll score more than them".

Grendel

If you judge it on goals the best was Terry Gibson from early 70’s on with Wallace and Ferguson close

Regis was dire for half the time he was with us and never a prolific forward

The Nomad

If you judge it on goals the best was Terry Gibson from early 70’s on with Wallace and Ferguson close

Regis was dire for half the time he was with us and never a prolific forward
Nonsense. Problem was, we played a totally different style from what he was best at. WBA played with pace whereas we played long ball stuff meaning big Cyrille had to come deeper than he wanted.

Also in similarities to Robert Rosario, he created almost as many as he scored

Grendel

Nonsense. Problem was, we played a totally different style from what he was best at. WBA played with pace whereas we played long ball stuff meaning big Cyrille had to come deeper than he wanted.

Also in similarities to Robert Rosario, he created almost as many as he scored

He admitted he was dire and almost quit the game

He scored around 75 goals in nearly 400 games after leaving West Brom

As I said if you measure it If you measure it on goals scored his record was distinctly average

slowpoke

Regis was never a prolific goalscorer so on actual goalscoring he’s not up there with a few of those listed

The Nomad

He admitted he was dire and almost quit the game

He scored around 75 goals in nearly 400 games after leaving West Brom

As I said if you measure it If you measure it on goals scored his record was distinctly average
Still think ' Dire' is extremely harsh. Maybe his goalscoring record doesn't make great reading, but in terms of his performances , he was extremely effective and hardworking.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Can't choose, spoilt for choice. When you look back if only we had a decent defence to go we the stirkers,
More honours and Wembley visit's maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread