Coventry United FC (1 Viewer)

mark82

And I would say your spot on, but they do exist...

I very much doubt it. I think there are those that would still want a new club if CCFC stay at the Ricoh but I think if that was coupled with new owners not many would be interested.

mark82

Remember Coventry United are not a new club, it's just new owners and a name change from what I can see. They certainly don't represent Coventry fans in any way.

magic82ball

I very much doubt it. I think there are those that would still want a new club if CCFC stay at the Ricoh but I think if that was coupled with new owners not many would be interested.

I only say it as my brother in law is one such example, he could never be described as die hard but would certainly have attended more had the club been more successful over the years. He says he's just given up now, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the fence sitters (the Chelsea and Crewe fair-weather cov supporters) felt the same.

Chinny_Hill

I totally agreee that United is NOT a good name. Phoenix would be much better, starting again and ties in with the emblem and ethos of city of Coventry.
We are a "City" and United does NOT sound right.
Pretty sure Lord Sugar, Karren and Nick would agree that brand name was flawed.

The Pheonix Club, you say?:facepalm:

mark82

I only say it as my brother in law is one such example, he could never be described as die hard but would certainly have attended more had the club been more successful over the years. He says he's just given up now, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the fence sitters (the Chelsea and Crewe fair-weather cov supporters) felt the same.

Maybe you are right. I will be honest and say if a breakaway club was formed I would look out for them and even attend the odd match, but for different reasons. I am a fan of non league football in general and would support any local team making their way in non league. If CCFC move away I'm planning on going to see a number of non league matches next year both in Coventry and in Yorkshire where I live. Need something to kill my Saturday afternoons!

Users who are viewing this thread