Match Thread Coventry v Peterboro. Match Thread - Saturday 8th Apr (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

No one hates anyone. Burge has cost points all season so he's an abject failure in my eyes. I'd never offer him another contract.

Bigi is always going to be the most overrated player we have and I'll just have to accept that.

Beavon, Thomas and Turnbull were better in my view.

He earned us three today.

skybluetony176

But maybe many more over the season without him.

I don't think we can blame all our woes on Burge. Most of the goals we conceded this season have been down to defensive errors that left the goalie wether that was Burge or RCC with little to no chance. Well that and protesting of course ;)

He was awesome today and who knows if he can replicate that performance for the remaining games providing everyone else performance we might just do the unthinkable and stay up.

The Reverend Skyblue

I don't think we can blame all our woes on Burge. Most of the goals we conceded this season have been down to defensive errors that left the goalie wether that was Burge or RCC with little to no chance. Well that and protesting of course ;)

He was awesome today and who knows if he can replicate that performance for the remaining games providing everyone else performance we might just do the unthinkable and stay up.
What the fuck are you drinking Tony

mds

Just to add sbt , I do not dislike Burge, but I do believe with a better keeper we would be a few points better off.
BUT , maybe this is the kick start he's needed.
Or with a better manager and a more organised defence.....and all that, shit keeper breeds shit defence or vice versa,with what looks like a good manager we have a group of players that look like a good team and the changes have been obvious game on game since Robins took over, the defence looks better, Burge looks better, Burge looks better, the defence looks better.
A team that looks virtually unbeatable apart from against the best in the league, shit players, shit squad n all that!

skybluetony176

Our defense for the most part this season has left our goalie regardless of who that was exposed. You can't ignore that fact and lay the blame solely on the goal keeper. You could even go further if you want and point to the midfield who continually lost possession leaving the defense exposed. Our capitulation this season has been down to the sum of all parts just as our recovery has been. Burge had an exceptional game yesterday and did everything you should ask of a goal keeper including marshalling the defense, made three excellent saves from open play, saved a penalty and even his kicking (something he's rightly been criticised for) was decent bar one goal kick that I remember going out. You don't agree? Fair enough.

clint van damme

Our defense for the most part this season has left our goalie regardless of who that was exposed. You can't ignore that fact and lay the blame solely on the goal keeper. You could even go further if you want and point to the midfield who continually lost possession leaving the defense exposed. Our capitulation this season has been down to the sum of all parts just as our recovery has been. Burge had an exceptional game yesterday and did everything you should ask of a goal keeper including marshalling the defense, made three excellent saves from open play, saved a penalty and even his kicking (something he's rightly been criticised for) was decent bar one goal kick that I remember going out. You don't agree? Fair enough.

think he was referring to the might stay up comment!!
Don't torture yourself mate, we're gone!

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Cheers for a helpful result!! We had an entertaining 1-1 under the M6....... nice day out barring bumping into the EDL in Birmingham....... referring to them as Neanderthal would be an insult to our distant ancestors.
We also had a ref who looked as though he had taken the booking by mistake........ was about 3 stone overweight and wasn`t upto speed on the rules. Seems a rugby style high tackle & slam dunking a player with the ball in the box isn`t a penalty as both officials missed it !
Keep on scrapping you might just get out of jail!!

Grendel

Tony wasn't at the game. He also I assume wasn't at the game when he belly flopped as a ball rolled past him, the tennis ball game when he lumbered like a drunken sailor as a ball floated over his head or the game when he seemed to have concrete boots on and couldn't collect a ball 80 20 in his favour.

Burge performs his duty for once and we are supposed to believe he's the next Gordon Banks - or he's wumming.

Either way Burge has been abysmal all season and a couple of games where he does his job properly for once doesn't change my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread