Match Thread Coventry v Swindon Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (3 Viewers)

Otis

I know he hasn't had a brilliant season, but we still need to keep Ajose quiet.

Sky Blue Harry H

I remember thrashing them 1-1 (seriously, it was a 1-1 thrashing when we had that bald midfielder who passed the life out of them) At Highfield Road, televised. Player must have been on loan, as we were all singing 'sign him up, sign him up' Can't be bothered to google his name. Who was it?

Otis

I remember thrashing them 1-1 (seriously, it was a 1-1 thrashing when we had that bald midfielder who passed the life out of them) At Highfield Road, televised. Player must have been on loan, as we were all singing 'sign him up, sign him up' Can't be bothered to google his name. Who was it?
Chris Marsden.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently Beavon and Vernam are back too! Should be good to have more options up front.

skybluesam66

win and we are within 2 points of swindon with a game in hand
lose and it is 8 points
Massive if we are to pull off the great escape

Depending on chesterfield v oxford could also see us move off the bottom

steve82

We've not beat them at home in the league since 1964..... that's a good start! My score prediction 2-2.
----------------Burge -------------
--DKE--Clarke(c)---Turnbull---Haynes-
----------------Foley-----------------
G Thomas---Rose---Reilly---K Thomas
---------------Tudgay ---------------

Subs: RCC, Willis, Rawson, Bigirimana, JJ, Yakubu, Beavon

Doubt we will bring Willis back after last week so stick with Turnbull, Beavon only just had a few sessions so will come come on for Tudgay at some point, JJ not done enough or good enough to displace either Thomas's so again a impact role for him.
They 4141 works so I'd stick with that as it gives the defence protection and flexibility to overload going forwards on the counter.

NortonSkyBlue

That the game wheb sky lost signal and ehen it came back swindon had equalised last minute?
Yes the Kop was being transformed in to the east stand, we were briiliant but couldn't get over the line, a few weeks later we were destroyed by Jan Ffortoft who scored a hat trick in a 3-1 loss, one of very few wins they had under John Gorman.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's only Swindon. Got a feeling we are going to absolutely batter them. We are on the up. Two games unbeaten. 5-1 . Goodnight Vienna.

vow

Yes the Kop was being transformed in to the east stand, we were briiliant but couldn't get over the line, a few weeks later we were destroyed by Jan Ffortoft who scored a hat trick in a 3-1 loss, one of very few wins they had under John Gorman.
I remember Julian Darby having a shocker too (no suprise there) and thier ground being an absolute shithole with chicken-wire being used to hold up most of their main stand!

Nick

Administrator
Payday today so all the talk of battering them, I've put 50p on us to win 3-2 at 100-1

vow

T'was Chris Marsden indeed, we had some Swindon fans sat in front of us, didn't realise until they scored.
Felt more like a loss tbh, we played v well that night.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bit worried about this game now. I'm not feeling ill and we've won the last 2 when I was. Otis, give me a slap if we are losing and that should turn things around for us. I'm the 6' 5"" bloke with tattoos in Block 15 (honest!)

vow

Anyhow, I feel like it's a win tomorrow.

trevelfarandwide

Well, if we're going down, let's make a scrap of it; hopefully, this will be a close win, since Swindon are faltering and in deep pooey.

I want a 2-1 win, however I feel a draw coming. Hope is never lost, but reality bites like a rabid pitbull on the buttocks.

1-1 or 2-2 draw, with a probable return to last minute bottle dropping. Sadly.

Otis

Bit worried about this game now. I'm not feeling ill and we've won the last 2 when I was. Otis, give me a slap if we are losing and that should turn things around for us. I'm the 6' 5"" bloke with tattoos in Block 15 (honest!)
You only have tattoos in Block 15?

What do you do with them when you sit somewhere else?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When is the last time we thrashed anyone? Have we done so this season in the league?
You are absolutely right Otis, but tomorrow will be different. Trust me, I can feel it in my water. A bloody good thrashing. I can't wait.

oucho

Fingers crossed you're right Alan! 3-1 City for me.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Did Slade give any mention of the GK situation pre match?

With Burge getting concussion only 6 (or 7 as of tomorrow) days ago, isn't it normally standard that they don't play for 10 days?
And Slade said Burge had suffered a slight setback so can't imagine he'll be in goal tomo.

First goal crucial; continue the good vibes, get the atmosphere going and hopefully another 3 points. Kin hate Swindon an all.

Users who are viewing this thread