Match Thread Coventry v West Ham Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v West Ham match, tactics and predictions :)

mrtrench

Spanked so hard the team will have red hand prints on their arses for weeks. :(

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

All the fringe players we can without getting fined.

Rest Willis, McCann, Jones, Vlad.

Maybe play Burge, Haynes, Finch, Stevenson, Bigi.

We'll lose 3-1 infront of 4,000

stupot07

This will be thr first home game in 10 years I will miss out of choice. I'm not going and validating the FLs decision to allow 16 u21s teams in to our competition. This is a precursor and trial to enter B teams into the pyramid.

#nopmforu21sTeamsintheJPTorwhateveritiscallednow

I will attend the rest of the cup games though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This will be thr first home game in 10 years I will miss out of choice. I'm not going and validating the FLs decision to allow 16 u21s teams in to our competition. This is a precursor and trial to enter B teams into the pyramid.

I'm with you on this Stu!

shmmeee

Won't be going, we should treat the cup with the respect it deserves and play as many kids as we can without being fined. Is it 5 changes you're allowed? Is that just the starting lineup of anyone who played?

skyblue1991

Refusing to go to any JPT games against the Premier League U23s or whatever age bracket they are.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

johnwillomagic

I think we should play a strongish side, West Ham really struggling for injuries and getting a decent win against premier league academy could kick start the season.

Assuming we can only make five changes would go 4-4-2 and would line up like this.

Burge GK
Haynes LB
Harries CB
Turnbull CB
Willis RB
Stevenson CM
McCann CM
Jones RW
Lameiras LW
Sordell CF
Tudguy CF

Subs: RCC, Page, Ricketts, Gadhzev, Reid, Ageyi, G.Thomas

ccfcway

Send a sky blues talk XI to play west ham. A complete and utter waste of a game , which none of our 1st team should play in (in an ideal world). This is a pre season friendly played 5 league games into the season.

I wouldn't go if it was free.

covcity4life

How many changes are we allowed to make for jpt games? Ideal world I woukd pick

Burge
Harries
Turnbull
Leahy
Dke
Haynes
Bigi
Stevenson
Lameires
G thomas
Sordell

CJ_covblaze

With you 100% Stu. Won't be going to a game in this competition until all the U23 teams are out. Only exception is if a L1/2 team play an U23 team in the final. I'll stand with them in my colours, hope others do the same to fill that end and hope that there's hardly anyone in the other one.

ccfcway

Exactly the sort of game we should be boycotting as part of any "sisu out" campaign.

Boycott ccfc v West Ham youth, then opposite side, pack the place in our next League home game. Show the powers that be that fan power works !!!

dongonzalos

NOPM idiot

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Send a sky blues talk XI to play west ham. A complete and utter waste of a game , which none of our 1st team should play in (in an ideal world). This is a pre season friendly played 5 league games into the season.

Baggsy being in goal!! :D

Nick

Administrator
Is this on normal radio? Just whack all the kids in?

How does this competition work now with groups?

ccfcway

doesn't matter where I am, normally very keen to get in front of a radio and at least listen to the game. Honestly cant remember having as little interest in a game as I do this one. A joke competition has become even more of a joke.

I hope this goes completely wrong and they decide next year to keep this for league one and two teams, and also consider playing it pre season. Group stages would guarantee games for lower league clubs and save them having to arrange pre season events. Would also add a little bit of spice to pre season

sw88

Chief Commentator!
With you 100% Stu. Won't be going to a game in this competition until all the U23 teams are out. Only exception is if a L1/2 team play an U23 team in the final. I'll stand with them in my colours, hope others do the same to fill that end and hope that there's hardly anyone in the other one.

Eh? Why would you go to the final if we weren't in it? Seems a bit of a strange tactic to me. Cant see it catching on, and you on your own aren't likely to make any difference............

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ill be honest; I'm going. I don't agree with the competition change, but wont stop me from going. Its only going to be for one season I reckon anyway as cant see it being successful for U21 / U23 / B teams. Whatever they might be called.

Not sure how the same rules can be adopted though around not dropping more than 5 first teamers that started the last game? Surely the development squads are forever changing........

Then again, we wont have a choice given our small numbers :)

steve82

I'm in the boycott group for this game as I've previously stated. It's wrong to show little respect to league one and two clubs.
It's the same as putting conference teams into the FA vase. It's not designed for then.
I'll listen in tho to some poor commentary on cwr and obviously hope we win to exit the group stages.
I'll return to the next game at home to Northampton.

ccfcway

We still have an academy (at the moment) It could be their opportunity to play in front of 4,000+, (and preserve our 1st team squad) but we wont be allowed to do that. West Ham of course will.

A complete joke and a farce of a competition.

lord_garrincha

I just hope two of the academy teams make it to Wembley in a quarter full stadium so that the farce of a tournament is killed off.

You can make as many changes in the League Cup, but not for this... utter and complete joke!

ccfcway

I just hope two of the academy teams make it to Wembley in a quarter full stadium so that the farce of a tournament is killed off.

You can make as many changes in the League Cup, but not for this... utter and complete joke!

League Cup should be exactly that. Teams in the EFL (championship and below).
This cup should be teams in League one, two and conference (to give them extra revenue)

italiahorse

Ill be honest; I'm going. I don't agree with the competition change, but wont stop me from going. Its only going to be for one season I reckon anyway as cant see it being successful for U21 / U23 / B teams. Whatever they might be called.

Not sure how the same rules can be adopted though around not dropping more than 5 first teamers that started the last game? Surely the development squads are forever changing........

As long as your going we won't miss anything. I'm away from Coventry this week so no CWR.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Grendel in midfield as the aggressive midfielder and wind up merchant. :rage:

Nick

Administrator
italia defending like a stalward if he thinks WHU are the council,

Nick complaining about PR every time a decision goes against him
nah, is just 2 foot the pr bastard and get up and walk off. Then tell the ref they dived.

Users who are viewing this thread