Match Thread Coventry v Wycombe Match Thread - Tuesday 7th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Wycombe match, tactics and predictions :)

skyblue1991

Surprisingly looking forward to it.

Heart says we will progress but head says we will lose in normal time.

Not expecting more than 15k there

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Otis

Yep.

Would be great though to have the boost of Folivi fit. I know he is just a kid and we can't expect too much from him, but just having fresh blood in the team can at times give a club a real boost.

withnail

Wembley would be great, please god just give us a rub of the green, maybe 2 rubs of the green, actually we'll probably need half a dozen to take this to pens.

Otis

Wembley would be great, please god just give us a rub of the green, maybe 2 rubs of the green, actually we'll probably need half a dozen to take this to pens.
It needs to be one of those games where we need a wonder goal or a free kick strike from the likes of Haynes, or an own goal, or penalty, or dodgy back pass from one of their defenders.

Something that can give us that goal start and get the crowd going.

tom88

Cov to go 1-0 up early on. Followed by Akinfenwa equaliser in the 96th min

Lose 5-4 on pens

Otis

Last chance saloon for a bit of positivity.

2-1 Fovili and Yakubu
Would certainly give the Wycombe defence something to worry about. ;)

I can't see Slade gambling on signing Yakubu today in time for tomorrow just one a fingers and toes crossed scenario.

Think he will take a good look at him and as there is an U21 game tonight, will probably watch him in action for that.

Really hope Folivi is fit, otherwise we just have Tudgay and Beavon again and with no goals in the last 4 games it doesn't exactly make your mouth water does it.

Pete in Portugal

I can't see Slade gambling on signing Yakubu today in time for tomorrow just one a fingers and toes crossed scenario.

I think they'd have to register him by midday today in order for him to be eligible for the Wycombe match tomorrow. It'd be a gamble for sure, but given the alternative, Slade may decide to go for broke, with a lucrative Wembley final at stake.

tom88

I think they'd have to register him by midday today in order for him to be eligible for the Wycombe match tomorrow. It'd be a gamble for sure, but given the alternative, Slade may decide to go for broke, with a lucrative Wembley final at stake.

If I was is Slade shoes I would get Yakubu in today first thing and get him under fitness tests. I would sign him on even if he was 70% fit. He is an option more than we have now up front. We have 10 weeks of the season left. So financially not a huge dent in the "Budget" for me it a no lose gamble.

Sign him on

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
With all those rubs going on I felt there should be an "i" somewhere in your post? ........
Ah! I see where it's missing! ............ "take this to penis"! That's better!

shmmeee

Think he will take a good look at him and as there is an U21 game tonight, will probably watch him in action for that.

Really hope Folivi is fit, otherwise we just have Tudgay and Beavon again and with no goals in the last 4 games it doesn't exactly make your mouth water does it.

Hush with your sense Otis, I've got an unrealistic level of optimism to maintain.

Nick

Administrator
Would be nice for a fully fit Yakubu to come in and play but can't see it happening, even if it is just to push people about a bit.

This is the team we played before:

Reice Charles-Cook; Jack Finch, Jordan Turnbull, Cian Harries; Dion Kelly-Evans, Callum Maycock, Ruben Lameiras (H/T Jodi Jones), Andy Rose (H/T Gael Bigirimana), Jamie Sterry (H/T Ryan Haynes); George Thomas, Jack McBean.

Otis

Would be nice for a fully fit Yakubu to come in and play but can't see it happening, even if it is just to push people about a bit.

This is the team we played before:

Reice Charles-Cook; Jack Finch, Jordan Turnbull, Cian Harries; Dion Kelly-Evans, Callum Maycock, Ruben Lameiras (H/T Jodi Jones), Andy Rose (H/T Gael Bigirimana), Jamie Sterry (H/T Ryan Haynes); George Thomas, Jack McBean.
Think it will be (basing this on Folivi being fit, but Stevenson not)

RCC

DKE Turnbull Harries Haynes

Thomas Bigi Reilly Lameiras

Beavon Folivi

steve82

I can actually see him being signed but not in time for tomorrow.
If he is then his fitness test was run to the tree and back....
But with our options limited now the window closed, vernam piping his shoulder late last week, we really are limited and time ever drifting away.

steve82

Vernam was cup tied anyway I think.

Yeah he is, was referring to Saturday onwards in the league. Still waiting to hear how long he will be sidelined for.

Anyway we all voting for the dream of Yakubu and Ponticelli to us to Wembley
You never no....

pusbccfc

Yakubu winner in the 83rd minute to send us to Wembley is the stuff of dreams.

clint van damme

I'll be amazed if we win, I'm actually shell shocked by what I've witnessed recently, utter dross.

Users who are viewing this thread