Creating chances (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

We are great on the ball, we look comfortable in possession, but we just don't create clear cut chances to give us opputunities to win games

It was obvious tonight their keeper was going to win every cross. It was obvious trying to walk it in wasn't going to work

Sort this part of our game out and we will stay in the top 6

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

We are great on the ball, we look comfortable in possession, but we just don't create clear cut chances to give us opputunities to win games

It was obvious tonight their keeper was going to win every cross. It was obvious trying to walk it in wasn't going to work

Sort this part of our game out and we will stay in the top 6

Maatsen and Gyokeres had clear cut chances?

skyblue1991

Easy to say. When you got o hare trying to dink the ball over a 6"5 keeper at his near post, you know somethings not right
That was the one that pissed me off the most, fire it in on the floor, one touch of one of our or Blues players and it goes in

pusbccfc

That was the one that pissed me off the most, fire it in on the floor, one touch of one of our or Blues players and it goes in

Because that worked for the Hamer one? O'Hare also put two other balls into the box and there was nowhere there.

steve101

Personally thought hamer should have absolutely drilled that fucker near post as well instead of cutting back to maatson who was around 14 yards out. Hamer, laces, straight at the keeper, who knows. Why gus refuses to shoot now, not sure
It was one of the few occasions when the man in possession looked up and picked out the pass. The keeper shouldn't be beaten at near post so from that angle I think Hamer made the right choice.

steve101

I feel torn about Callum O'Hare. His industry is incredible and I understand the argument that he is integral to the way we play. That's all well and good when we are winning but we have now won 2 in 6 with some tougher fixtures ahead. His goals per minutes played is the 9th best in the squad. 1 goal and 3 assists in 18 games playing as an attacking midfielder is not enough. That's 2 more assists than Kelly who has hardly played and 1 more than Kane. I am not doubting his ability to improve his end product as the season progresses but I think he needs a rest. We aren't spoiled for choice for replacements but Allen could do a job there and Jones hasn't had much of a look in.

skyblue1991

We had 24 crosses today. Not a single one of them were successful

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Most of our crosses were collected by their keeper. We should realised this after the first 5x that it wasn't going to work

fernandopartridge

I feel torn about Callum O'Hare. His industry is incredible and I understand the argument that he is integral to the way we play. That's all well and good when we are winning but we have now won 2 in 6 with some tougher fixtures ahead. His goals per minutes played is the 9th best in the squad. 1 goal and 3 assists in 18 games playing as an attacking midfielder is not enough. That's 2 more assists than Kelly who has hardly played and 1 more than Kane. I am not doubting his ability to improve his end product as the season progresses but I think he needs a rest. We aren't spoiled for choice for replacements but Allen could do a job there and Jones hasn't had much of a look in.
Jesus wept

Gynnsthetonic

Massive improvement on last season so I am very happy with that, probably won't be enough to keep us top 6 but who expected us to be in this position at the start of the season?
Why so negative, nearly half the season gone and we're 4th, no reason we can't finish top 6 come May!

Hutch11

Most of our crosses were collected by their keeper. We should realised this after the first 5x that it wasn't going to work

Would help if vik could win a header , his hold up play and running with and without the ball is terrific but for a big guy he hardly heads it

Offhegoes

Allen looked shocking on Saturday and wasn't much better tonight....we need better in the Jan window

Allen's gone off again, when he fought himself back into the team earlier in the season I thought he was brilliant, goal vs Reading and his performance v Cardiff at home

CovBrummie94

Allen's gone off again, when he fought himself back into the team earlier in the season I thought he was brilliant, goal vs Reading and his performance v Cardiff at home
He is still performing at a much higher level than last season. Like most of our team, it is impossible to keep their performance levels as high as they were in the first 10 games. I thought he had a positive impact off the bench last night without being spectacular.

steve cooper

Or another way to look at it, is we have taken 9 points from those 6 games and only lost once.
Obviously we would all liked to have done better but it's not a disaster.

Paxman II

On reflection we were poor in the final third last night. Our passing was off and consequently things broke down too often. We need to get back to the fluidity we had before. I actually think Sheaf helps steady that. Kelly I rate highly when on his game and what he does but last night chased too many shadows. O'Hare is simply not producing enough from his ability to get into dangerous areas. Once there he seems uncertain and reluctant to put his laces through the ball. Gyok needs to rekindle his ability to hold the ball at his feet. He seems to be a little less effective than a few games ago.
But this is the problem. All sides will have games where the ball just doesn't seem to drop for you, or you have a less than great game. Our team need the spark put back in and we will be back on it. Robin's must get them motivated and remind them where they are in the league. A surprising result at Bournemouth may just be the spark. I certainly would not count it out.

fernandopartridge

So I assume you don't think O'Hare needs a rest and you are content with his end product?
He doesn't need a rest, he's one of the fittest players I've ever seen play for us

His end product could be better but as I said in last post, his end product is only one part of his game. His wider contribution on and off the ball is essential to the way we play.

steve101

He doesn't need a rest, he's one of the fittest players I've ever seen play for us

His end product could be better but as I said in last post, his end product is only one part of his game. His wider contribution on and off the ball is essential to the way we play.
His end product is only one part of his game, but a pretty crucial one given his position in my opinion.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread