Creating chances (2 Viewers)

covmark

His end product is only one part of his game, but a pretty crucial one given his position in my opinion.
Can you see what else he brings to the team?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Grendel

last season he said we should have dropped him for Bapaga

covmark

All this needing a rest crap as well? He's just had two weeks of lighter duties for the international break. Like FP says he's one of the fittest players we've had in many years. From what I've seen, he's undroppable. Love watching him play.

Paxman II

It's not the physical rest he needs. It's the game itself. Take a break and reevaluate as in any situation when things are not happening enough for you. Step back and come at it afresh again. I wonder about Hamer filling the number 10 roll and Sheaf back in alongside Kelly maybe. Or Jones if he is ready? he can't be on the bench forever. When a team is not firing and look a little out of sorts then you don't wait too long to change it. Remember teams know how we set up now, so a change might be the answer.

steve101

If you read what I said you will see that I do think a lot of him and recognise how valuable he is to the team. I just feel he needs a rest. My point was recognising his contribution and at the same time questioning his end product, which is not what I am sure many people would hope for - 1 goal and 3 assists in 18 games. If Jamie Allen started as many games as O'Hare I feel he would have more assists and goals to his name. That doesn't mean he will have contributed as much as O'Hare in other areas, hence my 'feeling torn' comment.

Hertsccfc

It's not the physical rest he needs. It's the game itself. Take a break and reevaluate as in any situation when things are not happening enough for you. Step back and come at it afresh again. I wonder about Hamer filling the number 10 roll and Sheaf back in alongside Kelly maybe. Or Jones if he is ready? he can't be on the bench forever. When a team is not firing and look a little out of sorts then you don't wait too long to change it. Remember teams know how we set up now, so a change might be the answer.
This nonsense is catching

steve101

Why do you have to take snippets and then use them out of context? If you are referring to a comment I made about giving Bapaga a start to give O'Hare a rest and then bring him on from the bench if needed? Words without context are meaningless but that's how you operate. You could also include the many positive comments l made last season about O'Hare, including like many, voting him as my player of the season.

Grendel

Why do you have to take snippets and then use them out of context? If you are referring to a comment I made about giving Bapaga a start to give O'Hare a rest and then bring him on from the bench if needed? Words without context are meaningless but that's how you operate. You could also include the many positive comments l made last season about O'Hare, including like many, voting him as my player of the season.

Your views on Biamou? A player hopelessly out of his depth even in league 1? Shall we explore what you thought of him?

steve101

Your views on Biamou? A player hopelessly out of his depth even in league 1? Shall we explore what you thought of him?
By all means bring up out of context opinions. I think it is you who have an obsession with him. He doesn't play for us anymore so I am not that interested in discussing him. Not sure why you do. Apart from your whole premise is about ridicule.
Further to this you are the last person I would want to explore anything with because I have no respect for you or your opinions.

Evo1883

Vik is the most talented all round forward we've had for some time .

You can see his touch is fantastic , defenders genuinley shit themselves when he runs at them , he's unpredictable and he's strong as fuck , his hold up play is top draw (it's actual hold up play not what fans thought biamou did )

The lad needs a goal , he doesn't need dropping, it will come again , we are better with him in the team

Brighton Sky Blue

Vik is the most talented all round forward we've had for some time .

You can see his touch is fantastic , defenders genuinley shit themselves when he runs at them , he's unpredictable and he's strong as fuck , his hold up play is top draw (it's actual hold up play not what fans thought biamou did )

The lad needs a goal , he doesn't need dropping, it will come again , we are better with him in the team

He looked a lot more like himself I thought, really chasing down lost causes and either getting possession or making the defender worry. Not quite back to his full best but close

Frostie

If you read what I said you will see that I do think a lot of him and recognise how valuable he is to the team. I just feel he needs a rest. My point was recognising his contribution and at the same time questioning his end product, which is not what I am sure many people would hope for - 1 goal and 3 assists in 18 games. If Jamie Allen started as many games as O'Hare I feel he would have more assists and goals to his name. That doesn't mean he will have contributed as much as O'Hare in other areas, hence my 'feeling torn' comment.

O'Hare has created more chances from open play than any other player in the Championship.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I feel torn about Callum O'Hare. His industry is incredible and I understand the argument that he is integral to the way we play. That's all well and good when we are winning but we have now won 2 in 6 with some tougher fixtures ahead. His goals per minutes played is the 9th best in the squad. 1 goal and 3 assists in 18 games playing as an attacking midfielder is not enough. That's 2 more assists than Kelly who has hardly played and 1 more than Kane. I am not doubting his ability to improve his end product as the season progresses but I think he needs a rest. We aren't spoiled for choice for replacements but Allen could do a job there and Jones hasn't had much of a look in.
What…..the…..fuck…..are…..you…..on

steve101

What…..the…..fuck…..are…..you…..on
I can say the same about you with a comment like that you dick. The whole point of forums is to share opinions. If I do, I give my reasoning. People can disagree with me by all means. I have not said anything personal about a player (unlike some). As I have said before I have a lot of admiration for O'Hare. That doesn't mean to say I can't voice an opinion that I feel he needs a rest.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I can say the same about you with a comment like that you dick. The whole point of forums is to share opinions. If I do, I give my reasoning. People can disagree with me by all means. I have not said anything personal about a player (unlike some). As I have said before I have a lot of admiration for O'Hare. That doesn't mean to say I can't voice an opinion that I feel he needs a rest.
Why would you drop O’hare for “creating little” when he is the most creative player in the Championship, dick.

fatso

I actually want to see waghorn back in the side at some point .

Vik misses him imo .
So we solve our lack of goals by bringing in a striker who has only managed 1 goal?

I think we just need to take the shackles off a bit, Hamer has lost his shooting boots, and O'hare needs a week of training in how to strike a fucking football!!! And if we play Gyok more centrally instead of him drifting out to the wings we might actually start scoring again.

SBAndy

So we solve our lack of goals by bringing in a striker who has only managed 1 goal?

I think we just need to take the shackles off a bit, Hamer has lost his shooting boots, and O'hare needs a week of training in how to strike a fucking football!!! And if we play Gyok more centrally instead of him drifting out to the wings we might actually start scoring again.

You’ve identified the issue that Waghorn would solve though. He could drift about leaving Gyokeres to operate through the middle/on the last man.

Evo1883

I think waghorn brings the best out of vik .. we also had a better win ratio with them in the side together did we not ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread