CRFC vs Wasps - It's happening! (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I will argue that this is CCFC related the best I can, but this game could be a real opportunity for us CCFC fans to go down and support the one and only real rugby club in the city.

Can we fill the Butts Park Arena?

upload_2018-3-29_13-28-56.png

Nick

Administrator
Moved it to Other Sports.

Rugby isn't segregated is it? Unless you bought loads of Cov Rugby colours and outnumbered the black and gold how would anybody know who was supporting who?

I think BPA is only 4k, it would probably sell out without any sort of "protest" attendance wouldn't it?

Glad it's at the BPA rather than the Ricoh though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Think it would be more interesting if an elephant were made to duel its weight in wasps in the city centre. Might perk the place up a bit.

wingy

They're clever buggers aren't they.
maybe further down the road .
They couldn't wait, Leicester rocking up would have embarrassed them.

chiefdave

I thought you'd photoshopped that but the CT are actually supporting Wasps when they're playing against our cities own team.

For a twitter feed that is titled CovTelSport there doesn't seem to be a lot on there that isn't Wasps.

Terry Gibson's perm

Italia

Attachments

• 8C5F5FFD-A0A2-4E21-A8D4-9138631E3211.jpeg
    8C5F5FFD-A0A2-4E21-A8D4-9138631E3211.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 40

scottccfc

fantastic news, at least its at the B.P.A, 3-4000 there will be fantastic for crfc coffers next season in the championship

pusbccfc

Easily sell out. Shame it isn't at the Ricoh.

Come on Cov!

pusbccfc

Why so wasps get more money?

I’m guessing capacity will be around 4.5k mark, there will be 800 or so CRFC STH who get free entry so I guess they’ll make it all ticket in advance.

If Wasps wanted to support Cov like they have said from day one, they would do this as a 50/50 ticket sales event.

skybluebeduff

Apologies Nick for it not being CCFC related but it is Coventry related.

Does anyone still even bother reading the CET? I don't, it's been a while since I've clicked on any story from that site, I can't stand that rag anymore, it really grips my shit, and then today a friend posts this on my feed:

cunts.jpg

So Coventry RFC will be playing Wasps in a friendly then I imagine? And to show the full support to our local rugby club who have been around since 1874, the CET show their support to.... Wasps? Come On You Wasps?!

You couldn't make it up...

Nick

Administrator
Already mentioned it on the thread about the match so will merge them :)

The telegraph have Wasps as the home team too.

Last edited:

Hobo

Rugby isn't segregated is it? Unless you bought loads of Cov Rugby colours and outnumbered the black and gold how would anybody know who was supporting who?

I think BPA is only 4k, it would probably sell out without any sort of "protest" attendance wouldn't it?

Rugby fans don't sit in silence Nick.

Old Warwickshire lad

Just wear your city’s shirt,wasp fans will get the message.

chiefdave

Just wear your city’s shirt,wasp fans will get the message.
Not picking you out but it was a convenient post to quote. Seen a few people suggesting our fans should turn up in big numbers to support CRFC for this game. Has anyone thought to ask the CRFC fans if they would appreciate that or not?

Certain they won't want the idiots on social media saying they will be going to kick off with the Wasps supporters attending.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not picking you out but it was a convenient post to quote. Seen a few people suggesting our fans should turn up in big numbers to support CRFC for this game. Has anyone thought to ask the CRFC fans if they would appreciate that or not?

Certain they won't want the idiots on social media saying they will be going to kick off with the Wasps supporters attending.

Are people genuinely saying that they’ll
Kick off!?
Edit-(With wasps fans before Otis replies with yeah at 2 o’clock)

Nick

Administrator

I'd be against loads of city fans turning up pissed up and making it silly, kicking off and acting like arseholes.

If they want to make a statement get a Cov Rugby shirt and get behind them, no need for the stupidity.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'd be against loads of city fans turning up pissed up and making it silly, kicking off and acting like arseholes.

If they want to make a statement get a Cov Rugby shirt and get behind them, no need for the stupidity.

Yep not what the BPA experience is all about! They certainly will not be welcomed and trust me there are a lot of regular attendees who are equally disappointed with Wasps arrival in the City!

Best thing to do is enjoy the day and get behind Coventry and out some money in the clubs coffers!

duffer

No, building it up as some sort of derby implies acceptance of the pests in the city. It'd be better if it was treated like any other friendly.

Exactly my take on it. I haven't missed many games at the BPA over the last few seasons, but I'm not going to this one. I appreciate others differ, but unless and until we're in the same division as Wasps I don't want to see them at the BPA.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s a no from me as much as I would like to protest against the franchise side I couldn’t manage to watch a minute of the game

SkyBlue79

It's up to people to make up their own minds on how they should behave, however the Butts has a good atmosphere and welcomes travelling fans. Whatever people think of Wasps they should be afforded the same treatment. Just to show that CRFC are a better club. I'll probably go along with my family to this as I've only missed a handful of Cov rugby games over the past 8 years and I'm hoping it will be a good occasion for everyone to enjoy, just like any other Cov game at BPA.

Nick

Administrator
It's up to people to make up their own minds on how they should behave, however the Butts has a good atmosphere and welcomes travelling fans. Whatever people think of Wasps they should be afforded the same treatment. Just to show that CRFC are a better club. I'll probably go along with my family to this as I've only missed a handful of Cov rugby games over the past 8 years and I'm hoping it will be a good occasion for everyone to enjoy, just like any other Cov game at BPA.

I understand it's up to people how they behave, but if some city fans or people who just want to cause trouble want to rock up and cause a bit of shit it's not really the time or the place.

SkyBlue79

I agree Nick. I don't want preach to people and say how they should behave but likewise I'll be taking my family and don't want the day to be spoiled by idiots. It wouldnt reflect well on either Cov team if it descends into a poor atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread