CRFC vs Wasps - It's happening! (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It’s another PR stunt by wasps - they will big up the local rivals bit to solidify their coventry status.

Kneeza

Personally, I'd be very happy to see as many CCFC fans there as possible - with the rider that they behave as adults, and not as complete arseholes.
I've supported Cov since about 1966, but only had a season ticket since 1996 (when I started taking the kids along; it was a bargain way of doing it as I could get free STs for both of them by doing that). I'll be renewing once again as soon as they are available, and will no doubt keep the same seat I've had for years (although I'll always stand up if I can get a decent view somewhere on the back straight).
I have mixed feelings about playing W*sps (spits), but if it brings in a wad of cash I'll swallow it.
As for the Telegraph bigging up the cuckoos; you'll no doubt find that's Bobby Bridge who has been brought in to cover them, and as he's from Treacletown has very little regard for the rest of us. Cov's own John Wilkinson (former CT Rugby writer and still contributor on Cov matters will be squirming, but is far too much of a gentleman to mutter too much, bless him). Sadly John will be winding back on his commitments next season (as will radio man and PA man John Butler) due to various personal reasons, so gawd knows what will happen then. Slightly concerned about that.

Hobo

What I would say to anyone wishing to attend. You may wish to protest, you may not like Wasps; but please respect the host Coventry Rugby Club who pride themselves in being friendly, welcoming, and a community based club. By all means make noise, the Butts is known for its ability to be the extra man and bring out the Cov Dog spirit.

italiahorse

It’s another PR stunt by wasps - they will big up the local rivals bit to solidify their coventry status.

I think CRFC should big this up.
Its a celebration of their arrival in the Championship after a hard fought season.

Kneeza

On the subject of big crowds, Cov are expecting a big one for the final game of the season against Hull Ionians. The current National 1 record stands at 3,648, set by Jersey about six years ago, so that's the target. It's doable. Very.
So, if anyone fancies it - it's a great way to spend a couple of hours, no segregation, decent grub, decent beer too, It'd be great to see the SBA in force there too (usual terms apply :happy:). Just wear blue. Sky Blue, dark blue, or Blue 'n' White hoops.
Come and see Cov presented with the silverware after the game too. It doesn't happen in our fair city too often...
Bear in mind though, that the front car park isn't open that day due to it being a 'sponsor's day' with lots being set up there on the front of the ground promoting the club. There will, however, be provision made in adjacent car parks (negotiations have already taken place), and access to the remaining in-ground parking (railway end and part of back straight) will be via Albany Road instead of off the Butts Road, but the best advice would be to get there early just in case.
I shall be there much earlier than usual, and in my usual street-parking slot (I hope!).

duffer

I think CRFC should big this up.
Its a celebration of their arrival in the Championship after a hard fought season.

We don't need Wasps there to celebrate. Let's be honest mate, like the prick from the CET who tweeted about this with a #COYW hashtag, you don't really give a shit about CRFC.

It's a handy bit of PR for Wasps though, I'll give them that,.

Personally speaking though, I'd just rather the real Coventry club hadn't got involved in it.

wingy

We don't need Wasps there to celebrate. Let's be honest mate, like the prick from the CET who tweeted about this with a #COYW hashtag, you don't really give a shit about CRFC.

Personally speaking though, I'd just rather the real Coventry club hadn't got involved in it.
Like I said earlier, could have been as or more apt had it been Tigers.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’m looking forward to next Saturday!! Bigggg day planned, even got family coming from overseas for the rugby, curry, beers and Cov hospitality and the bottom of a few pint glasses!
(Just a concern the forecast next week and the Bears playing their today & I guess Cov united have games over the weekend?)

Kneeza

I’m looking forward to next Saturday!! Bigggg day planned, even got family coming from overseas for the rugby, curry, beers and Cov hospitality and the bottom of a few pint glasses!
(Just a concern the forecast next week and the Bears playing their today & I guess Cov united have games over the weekend?)
And you should see the state of the pitch following today's game... The mudbath continues.

SkyBlue79

Sorry to change the subject, but how was the Bears game at the Butts today? I wanted to go but the fair weather radar put me off.

This rain looks bloody persistent which won't do that pitch any good at all. Either way it should be a great occasion next week to cheers the boys on as champions!

As for the Wasps game, it is a good way for CRFC to make a few pennies from a pre season match whilst having a decent test against a Wasps XV.

italiahorse

Stop being a victim. Just enjoy the moment that CRFC have earned.

italiahorse

Pretty sure CRFC fans will when they get the trophy etc and walk out for their first championship game for celebration, not playing Wasps.

Both, I'm afraid. Get over it !

“It’s a game our fans have been talking about, and we will be delighted to host Wasps and their supporters,” said director of rugby, Rowland Winter. “It promises to be a great day for both sets of fans, renewing a former rivalry, and we are sure our visitors will enjoy coming to a traditional rugby ground.

“It will be an excellent way to end our on-pitch preparations for the new challenge we will face in the Championship.”

Kneeza

Sorry to change the subject, but how was the Bears game at the Butts today? I wanted to go but the fair weather radar put me off.
They lost, but it would have been a shock if they hadn't.
The first half was poor, but a huge improvement in the second.

Nick

Administrator
Both, I'm afraid. Get over it !

“It’s a game our fans have been talking about, and we will be delighted to host Wasps and their supporters,” said director of rugby, Rowland Winter. “It promises to be a great day for both sets of fans, renewing a former rivalry, and we are sure our visitors will enjoy coming to a traditional rugby ground.

“It will be an excellent way to end our on-pitch preparations for the new challenge we will face in the Championship.”

Says nothing about celebrating, what's your point? You will be trying to say wasps made them get promoted next.

stupot07

Says nothing about celebrating, what's your point? You will be trying to say wasps made them get promoted next.
I'm sure Nuneaton Town celebrate every summer when we roll up for our pre-season friendly with them lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Who is we ?
It's recognition of the improved status of CRFC that they are looking forward too.
Don't pi55 on their chips.

Nick

Administrator
Who is we ?
It's recognition of the improved status of CRFC that they are looking forward too.
Don't pi55 on their chips.
I assume he says that as a crfc fan?

They got recognition when they won the league, when they lift the trophy...

It seems to be you and people like the telegraph wanting to make it about something else.

italiahorse

I assume he says that as a crfc fan?

They got recognition when they won the league, when they lift the trophy...

It seems to be you and people like the telegraph wanting to make it about something else.

I'm commenting on the thread and seeing it as recognition of CRFC achievement of reaching the Championship.
Why are you deflecting it to lifting the trophy?
Must be eating away at you.
Get over it.

Nick

Administrator
I'm commenting on the thread and seeing it as recognition of CRFC achievement of reaching the Championship.
Why are you deflecting it to lifting the trophy?
Must be eating away at you.
Get over it.
Because the recognition and celebration of promotion is when they lift the trophy, the moment it was confirmed etc.

You are the one making out a friendly with wasps is celebrating their promotion.

Why? It seems to be you deflecting. Just as transparent as the telegraph.

italiahorse

Because the recognition and celebration of promotion is when they lift the trophy, the moment it was confirmed etc.

You are the one making out a friendly with wasps is celebrating their promotion.

Why? It seems to be you deflecting. Just as transparent as the telegraph.

Bitter and twisted ?

italiahorse

Italia has posted some mental stuff on here over the years but this tops it all. The idea that playing a Wasps reserve team is some sort of reason for celebration or validation for CRFC is lunacy.

The mental stuff on here is that people are unable to accept what has happened and move on.
Nothings going to change.

Nick

Administrator
The mental stuff on here is that people are unable to accept what has happened and move on.
Nothings going to change.

What are you going on about? Why do your replies not actually ever match up to the discussion after you post random shite and get questioned on it?

italiahorse

What are you going on about? Why do your replies not actually ever match up to the discussion after you post random shite and get questioned on it?

The discussion is being deflected by the usual few away from the 'Happening' of CRFC Vs Wasps to protests and anti Wasps comments.
Effectively ruining the excitement of CRFC stepping up a league and being recognised as worthy opponents for a Premier team.
I can understand the underlying sentiment from some CCFC fans but don't start crying when I respond to some of the negative comments.

Nick

Administrator
The discussion is being deflected by the usual few away from the 'Happening' of CRFC Vs Wasps to protests and anti Wasps comments.
Effectively ruining the excitement of CRFC stepping up a league and being recognised as worthy opponents for a Premier team.
I can understand the underlying sentiment from some CCFC fans but don't start crying when I respond to some of the negative comments.

The posts in the thread says there shouldn't be any stupid behaviour at the game don't they?

You seem to think that all excitement of CRFC promotion revolves around a friendly with Wasps, nothing to do with the decent run they have had this season.

What planet are you actually on, it is starting to actually get worrying. Nobody is deflecting anything in this thread apart from you, onto how somehow this friendly is the be all and end all of the CRFC promotion. You are deflecting all of the good work from CRFC to get promoted and in such a great way to try and somehow make it about Wasps.

You either don't seem to understand or process threads and posts or you purposely act as if you don't understand, why's that?

Users who are viewing this thread