Crowd trouble (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

One of my workmates wants me to go round and have a chat with his 14 year old son.Apparently he got caught throwing stones at Derby fans.His parents have confiscated his season ticket and Stone Island jacket.This is going to be fun.

What size is the jacket?

slowpoke

Good for them and hopefully a lesson to be learnt it is so easy especially at 14 to “just” throw a stone. I don’t know who caught him but if it’s old bill and it’s acted on the minimum for the kid is a police caution and a three year ban.

Langers70

Good for them and hopefully a lesson to be learnt it is so easy especially at 14 to “just” throw a stone. I don’t know who caught him but if it’s old bill and it’s acted on the minimum for the kid is a police caution and a three year ban.
One of his friends recorded it,and his Mum saw it on his phone,and alerted the parents of the others involved.Absolutely ruined the coffee morning apparently.

Sick Boy

One of my workmates wants me to go round and have a chat with his 14 year old son.Apparently he got caught throwing stones at Derby fans.His parents have confiscated his season ticket and Stone Island jacket.This is going to be fun.
I bought a new Stone Island winter jacket a couple of weeks ago, I’m a bit worried to wear it now in case I start lobbing bricks around.

slowpoke

One of his friends recorded it,and his Mum saw it on his phone,and alerted the parents of the others involved.Absolutely ruined the coffee morning apparently.
We’ll I’m glad, and glad it wasn’t the cops a 14 year old with Sky Blue blood getting a three year ban would cripple him. Both my grandsons at the moment live and breathe Sky Blue a ban would mortify them.

Perhaps you could explain to him exactly what a ban is. Can’t go within a certain defined area of a ground when a game is on three hours before and three hours after home or away in England, Scotland or Wales includes internationals. I’m not sure if you still have to hand in your passport too or report to a police station when internationals are on, I know you used to. It is pretty stringent.

hill83

Without going into too much detail my dad got a criminal record for some shenanigans at a Cov game when he was about 14. Nothing major but nonsense like last week.
It massively affected him in later life when he was due compensation for a life changing injury from being attacked in the street. Instantly halved the compensation, which he needed as he’s unable to work due to the injury.

There’s so much more to it than just a football ban. It’s not worth it.

slowpoke

And there’s another consideration a criminal record for violence which is what it would be you could struggle to be allowed into the U.S. and I think Aussie. A mate of mine wanting to take his kids to Disney was turned down his offence was fighting at football years ago.
And I know three lads who went over for a Ricky Hatton fight were denied entry and held in a dodgy New York jail until their return flight.

Langers70

We’ll I’m glad, and glad it wasn’t the cops a 14 year old with Sky Blue blood getting a three year ban would cripple him. Both my grandsons at the moment live and breathe Sky Blue a ban would mortify them.

Perhaps you could explain to him exactly what a ban is. Can’t go within a certain defined area of a ground when a game is on three hours before and three hours after home or away in England, Scotland or Wales includes internationals. I’m not sure if you still have to hand in your passport too or report to a police station when internationals are on, I know you used to. It is pretty stringent.
Yeah ill have a chat with him.His Dad seems to think he will listen to me.Ill give it a go and see what happens.If you act in a certain way,it gets returned in the same way,hopefully he wont need to learn that the hard way.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City have issued the following statement:

"Coventry City Football Club have reviewed the allocation which had been given to Birmingham City for the game against the Sky Blues on Tuesday 23 November, following advice of West Midlands Police.

Birmingham City had been given an allocation of 5,000, but this has been reviewed due to additional safety considerations for the game raised by West Midlands Police, following incidents at the Sky Blues' home game against Derby County in October.

The allocation for Birmingham City will now be capped at 4,076. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to Birmingham City supporters."

The Club has now sold out of our 4,076 ticket allocation for this fixture

clint van damme

Coventry City have issued the following statement:

"Coventry City Football Club have reviewed the allocation which had been given to Birmingham City for the game against the Sky Blues on Tuesday 23 November, following advice of West Midlands Police.

Birmingham City had been given an allocation of 5,000, but this has been reviewed due to additional safety considerations for the game raised by West Midlands Police, following incidents at the Sky Blues' home game against Derby County in October.

The allocation for Birmingham City will now be capped at 4,076. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to Birmingham City supporters."

The Club has now sold out of our 4,076 ticket allocation for this fixture

30k down the pipe

WestEndAgro

Now you will get some travel without tickets paying on the night in our seats.
Assuming the club don't make the fixture all ticket and no pay on the gate, resulting in more lost revenue.

ms639

Walking back through Tesco car park after the game one derby fan had decided it was a good idea to start goading a group of about 10 cov fans, brave or stupid whatever but he got a bit of a slap then pissed off, fair enough.

What I couldn’t get my head around was this bloke probs late 30s with 2 kids under the age of 10, getting involved, shouting at the fan doing the pathetic pretend to run towards him and then stop, the kids were visibly shook up, little girl started crying.

Moronic behaviour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cov4theprem

Hope the guy who ran over and kicked the fan is proud of himself and the others who have directly led to this lost income
Either that, or perhaps he has prevented an even bigger disaster against brum as clearly we were unable to distance a pocket full of idiots even when there was a 1500 seat exclusion zone.

Sky Blue Pete

Either that, or perhaps he has prevented an even bigger disaster against brum as clearly we were unable to distance a pocket full of idiots even when there was a 1500 seat exclusion zone.
True I’d also add that the club hasn’t had to deal with this for a few years so are really dependent on the expertise of the police and they may well feel a little let down

pusbccfc

The police not being able to handle a big following is equally to blame as the chav in the tracksuit.

The lack of trains is clearly also an issue. Blues fans like to travel on that without any way of getting back to the station after the game.

hill83

The setup is a joke, basically stranded 3 and a half miles away from the station.
And even if the trains were on from the ground after the game they've got to cross directly where thousands of us are walking to get there.

pusbccfc

The setup is a joke, basically stranded 3 and a half miles away from the station.
And even if the trains were on from the ground after the game they've got to cross directly where thousands of us are walking to get there.

Yep. This is it. The fact there are no shuttles to the ground from the station is an absolute shambles.

hill83

It's no wonder thousands of Derby were just strolling about. What else could they do? It's a mission to get back into town when you are fully prepared.

SlowerThanPlatt

Probably not because they only give 2700 anyway. They can handle big crowds unlike us.
Didn’t it happen the second trip to Sunderland? I know it was the away game but Birmingham have had theirs reduced for no part in it, WMP will be having their say…

pusbccfc

Didn’t it happen the second trip to Sunderland? I know it was the away game but Birmingham have had theirs reduced for no part in it, WMP will be having their say…

It was but that was after trouble in the previous match up there, rather than what happened at the Ricoh.

There's been no trouble at 95% of CCFC away matches in the past 10 years. Look at Hull and Blackburn. Decent followings and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread