Crowd Violence in Turkey moves to a new level. (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

At a game today in Turkey, crowd violence started between the fans when a flare from the Altay end was thrown into the Goztepe fans. The game was stopped to allow medical staff to attend. And during the stoppage, this happened to the Altay goalkeeper.

Happy_Martian

The "fan" was arrested but the keeper had to concern himself with concussion and a 4 inch wound to the back of his head.

Game was suspended.

There are more videos posted further down that guys thread. Including one of the "flare". I've never seen a flare fly in a flat direct path before, looks more like a firework or mini-missile. 1 adult and 2 children hurt by the incendiary.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I mean I get what you're saying (aimed at my post), but we had a fan run on and punch jack grealish in the head , did we not ? That's a corner flag BTW

Sorry mate, it genuinely wasn't a go at you.

I've just seen Turkey too many times and I think if there was a tournament there, there would be serious issues. Not just a few security guards telling people off for doing X,Y,Z.

TomRad85

Sorry mate, it genuinely wasn't a go at you.

I've just seen Turkey too many times and I think if there was a tournament there, there would be serious issues. Not just a few security guards telling people off for doing X,Y,Z.
I mean... we've just done Russia and Qatar, I think Turkey is fairly tame compared to what these morons could go with if they got a big enough bung. Somali World Cup anyone?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

I mean... we've just done Russia and Qatar, I think Turkey is fairly tame compared to what these morons could go with if they got a big enough bung. Somali World Cup anyone?

Rwanda. And then all the people that came over on boats to be in England can at least then go and watch some England World Cup group games.

Hertsccfc

Rwanda. And then all the people that came over on boats to be in England can at least then go and watch some England World Cup group games.
Doesn't look like anyone is going there under that scheme thankfully. However, Rwanda could use some of the millions we have sent to them to build some stadiums.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Qatar has a few policeman with batons, Turkey has thousands of hooligans that wouldn't hesitate to go round shanking people, that's the difference. The former might be a stricter state per se, but the latter would be absolute chaos if a tournament was held there. I don't think it would be very safe at all.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Incredible he managed to travel so far clearly with a weapon and attack the goalkeeper without anyone even trying to stop him.

Hertsccfc

It's still nowhere near as bad as some of the violence around games in Italy with people being shot around the stadium or killed inside by flares being launched.
That does sound bad but there was a guy stabbed while getting into an ambulance

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Because there’s a pretty dodgy history of white English guys referring to foreigners as “savages”.

I honestly think you need to get out and travel a bit more, and I mean that with the most respect possible.

People going around stabbing other supporters are savages.
Supporters attacking team busses with guns are savages.
Fans going after an opposition goalkeeper with a corner flag are savages.

It has nothing to do with some over-correction from historical events.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's still nowhere near as bad as some of the violence around games in Italy with people being shot around the stadium or killed inside by flares being launched.

I agree that football violence in Italy is bad, in that sense I would say what goes on in Turkey is comparable. There is also a big hatred between Italian and English football fans on an international level which is something that applies to us more directly.

That said, if there was a world cup in Turkey, there would be far bigger problems than just a rivalry between two countries and the odd scuffle. The whole place would be chaos. It does make me laugh the comparison with Qatar, as not being able to get a pint in the stadium would be the least of anyone's worries.

SBT

I honestly think you need to get out and travel a bit more, and I mean that with the most respect possible.

People going around stabbing other supporters are savages.
Supporters attacking team busses with guns are savages.
Fans going after an opposition goalkeeper with a corner flag are savages.

It has nothing to do with some over-correction from historical events.
How many times do I need to have visited Turkey to achieve your levels of insight? Is what you’re describing the typical Turkish football experience?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How many times do I need to have visited Turkey to achieve your levels of insight? Is what you’re describing the typical Turkish football experience?
You can travel there as much or as little as you like, you are writing from a perspective which shows that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The holier-than-thou approach doesn't mitigate that either.

SBT

You can travel there as much or as little as you like, you are writing from a perspective which shows that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The holier-than-thou approach doesn't mitigate that either.
How do you mean? I haven’t said anything about Turkish football, I just asked you the question.

Brighton Sky Blue

Keeping the tournament in “traditional” countries sounded dubious enough, but keeping it away from the “savages” is seriously dodgy imo.
I didn’t say they should monopolise it. Just maybe get it more than once in going on 24 years.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How do you mean? I haven’t said anything about Turkish football, I just asked you the question.
This is a thread discussing violence at Turkish football matches.

You are talking about 'white Englishmen' and historical events. I'm really not interested in that kind of debate on this thread.

SBT

This is a thread discussing violence at Turkish football matches.

You are talking about 'white Englishmen' and historical events. I'm really not interested in that kind of debate on this thread.
Ok sorry. Guess it’s off to Thomas Cook for me in the meantime.

Brighton Sky Blue

And the “savages”?
That wasn’t my comment. I’ve said where ‘new’ I think would be good places for it to go in the near future. They could have gone there this year but out of rank corruption it was given somewhere where the stadia are going to be deconstructed or downsized after the tournament.

What a legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread