Crowd Violence in Turkey moves to a new level. (1 Viewer)

SBT

Australia sees your corner flag, and raises with ‘flare bucket’

SkyBlueSoul

Not in any way defending what happened, but it was in retaliation to the keeper throwing a flare back into the crowd (which obviously shouldn't have been thrown onto the pitch in the first place)

chiefdave

Australia sees your corner flag, and raises with ‘flare bucket’

What the fuck is wrong with people. This is why the club keep banging on about people sticking the rules. People can be its just a flare or just some idiot running on the pitch but how long before something more serious happens?

Is there a backstory here? The commentary says something about fans being unhappy all week

SBT

Is there a backstory here? The commentary says something about fans being unhappy all week
It’s explained in the BBC article - protests were expected from fans of both teams over plans to move the league final to Sydney.

chiefdave

It’s explained in the BBC article - protests were expected from fans of both teams over plans to move the league final to Sydney.
What an odd format, play a full season then half the league qualify for a play offs to decide the league winner

Doesn't seem the best idea, not exactly a small country. Will large numbers of fans travel?

SBT

What an odd format, play a full season then half the league qualify for a play offs to decide the league winner

Doesn't seem the best idea, not exactly a small country. Will large numbers of fans travel?
It’s the American model - no relegation so it’s one of the only ways for teams to maintain interest all the way through the season.

wingy

Yes seems some real opposition to that decision from the games hierarchy .Why?
What's been the status quo .
Seems universal opposition.

Hertsccfc

What the fuck is wrong with people. This is why the club keep banging on about people sticking the rules. People can be its just a flare or just some idiot running on the pitch but how long before something more serious happens?

Absolutely. I hate it at Cov when people cheer when idiots go on the pitch.

clint van damme

I mean... we've just done Russia and Qatar, I think Turkey is fairly tame compared to what these morons could go with if they got a big enough bung. Somali World Cup anyone?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And South Africa.
I think countries manage to get on top of it before big tournaments.

Otis

Would say this might be the best opportunity for England to win the World Cup.

Just get a few more top countries to join in and we could be playing Luxembourg in the final.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would say this might be the best opportunity for England to win the World Cup.

Just get a few more top countries to join in and we could be playing Luxembourg in the final.
We’d still play 3 holding midfielders just to be safe.

hamertime

Turkish fans have done more than enough to warrant a Euro ban. Italians aren’t far behind
Everytime an English team goes to Italy you hear about fans being stabbed the night before the game the latest was Brighton fans. You hear about it the day after but then it’s forgotten. If it happened here there would be a clamour from uefa to ban us from Europe.

There are double standards on hooliganism.

wingy

Everytime an English team goes to Italy you hear about fans being stabbed the night before the game the latest was Brighton fans. You hear about it the day after but then it’s forgotten. If it happened here there would be a clamour from uefa to ban us from Europe.

There are double standards on hooliganism.
Equality for all, I say let's descend to the level we started at, who needs peace?

Otis

Madness than an official club Twitter account can put this out. First line translates as "DON'T THINK WE HAVE FORGOTTEN YOU!" with ominous sound effects and freeze-frames of the referee.

Very worrying that and if I was the ref, I would be lost certainly watching my back.

SkyBlueSoul

Trabzonspor have not taken being fined £75k and being made to play 6 games behind closed doors after the last incident well

FUCK YOUR JUSTICE!

GET UP FROM YOUR SEATS, RESIGN!

Users who are viewing this thread