Daft and dumb things we have done (1 Viewer)

Otis

Shaking my head myself at this one.

I have spent a couple of weeks now trawling supermarket shelves looking for aluminium cooking foil that is suitable for microwaves. Yeah, I know, daft right!!

Been really scratching my head as to why I can't get it when I have quite clearly got it before. At last that was what my mind was telling me.

Finally just clicked with me now that I need 'suitable for ovens,' not microwaves, as no foil would ever be suitable for a microwave if you are microwaving stuff!! Bleeding obvious!

I kind of got sidetracked and that was my downfall. I always use the microwave to grill stuff. It has a built in grill as t he one on our cooker isn't very good.

Anyway, the missus has always bought the foil, but I noticed that lately she had been buying cheaper stuff and when you read the small print on the boxes it is quite often only suitable for wrapping and not cooking. Bit pointless really isn't it, but you would be surprised how many foils now say not suitable for ovens.

This is where I got mixed-up. I wanted foil suitable for ovens, but as I grill with the microwave I somehow got it into my head that I needed foil suitable for microwaves. Hence my very pointless, fruitless search.

What a numpty.

Anyone else guilty of such ineptitude?

wingy

I have spent a couple of weeks now trawling supermarket shelves looking for aluminium cooking foil that is suitable for microwaves. Yeah, I know, daft right!!

Been really scratching my head as to why I can't get it when I have quite clearly got it before. At last that was what my mind was telling me.

Finally just clicked with me now that I need 'suitable for ovens,' not microwaves, as no foil would ever be suitable for a microwave if you are microwaving stuff!! Bleeding obvious!

I kind of got sidetracked and that was my downfall. I always use the microwave to grill stuff. It has a built in grill as t he one on our cooker isn't very good.

Anyway, the missus has always bought the foil, but I noticed that lately she had been buying cheaper stuff and when you read the small print on the boxes it is quite often only suitable for wrapping and not cooking. Bit pointless really isn't it, but you would be surprised how many foils now say not suitable for ovens.

This is where I got mixed-up. I wanted foil suitable for ovens, but as I grill with the microwave I somehow got it into my head that I needed foil suitable for microwaves. Hence my very pointless, fruitless search.

What a numpty.

Oh Stanley!!! :p

pastythegreat

Did u ask any staff in the supermarket?
Where's the microwavable foil pal?
Bet they thought you were on the wind up.
Uh, yeah, it's on aisle 56 mate, in between the tartan paint and the solar panel touches! If you get to the long stands you've gone too far!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

What a numpty.

That same problem Otis the missus bought you inferior product is she trying to kill you off:emoji_head_bandage:

Otis

It didn't occupy my every day thoughts, but just when I would be in a shop I would look for it without thinking.

At home when I say I am going to 'microwave' something I usually mean 'grill' and that's where my thinking got muddled.

Otis

At least I am not as dumb as the bloke who went to Wilko's a few years back.

Remember the TV ads for one of the electricity providers where people would prise open boxes and out would pop a stream of electricity, pouring across the screen? Well, this bloke went into Wilko's and asked to buy a box of electricity. They laughed at first, but he was adamant he could buy it cos he saw it on the TV.

Got to be dumber than microwaveable foil surely?

olderskyblue

worked with a guy once who needed power in his garage. His missus wouldn't let him rig a conduit between house and garage, so instead, he wired the garage up as normal, but used a cable with a plug on both ends to use when he needed it.

Apparently this worked fine, but as he was packing up one night after doing some work in the garage, his father-in-law popped in to see him. They got chatting, and this is when he unplugged the cable at the garage end, forgot it was still live, and took an electric shock that knocked him flying across the garage.

He was OK except for a significant burn mark on the palm of his hand, which is what we saw when he came into work the next day.

We suspected he had been "indulging" a little too vigorously, until we heard the real story...

trevelfarandwide

foil takeaway containers can go in the microwave - blew my mind when i found that out
Do you mean the resulting explosion of glass and plastic sheared through your frontal lobes?

This was ages ago, and more of a mishap really, but my mum is quite dippy and prone to saying/doing absurd things in general - during the night she had gone to the toilet, and upon her return noticed her cat sniffing something on the floor: "oh is that your squidgy ball, love, here you are..."

Turns out she tried to pick up a fresh, warm dog turd, laid moments earlier by her chronically indoor-shitting Yorkshire Terrier. The scream woke her neighbour up, apparently.

Sick Boy

Not working out your dose with shrooms is a mistake you'll only make once

I managed to take 3-4 times the amount at about 1am in the morning when I was 16...this was after a heavy day of all sorts as well...never went near them again.

skybluedan

I had things hanging out me arse last year and was flapping so I asked my caretaker what could it be and once I described it looked like a grape he told me nobby styles like and I needed to go pharmacy and get some anusol
But the c**t said it like anus hole and I just did not think anything of it , so when I went in ,there's a couple of people in there like , I said excuse me love can I get me some anus hole please ? She said what ? I said can I get some anus hole ? She said anus hole I said yeah anus hole , what's it for she said ? I said for me arsehole like I've got things hanging out me crack love I said its cream like I think the guy at work said, she and the customers and the woman out back all started laughing , and the old c**t told everyone at work so was getting loads of grapes
He's dead now

skybluedan

I did a mushroom-coke bong once...........In fact, I doubt there is a man alive who has done it twice:confused:

If I had a hat on I would take it off to you sir, had some bout ten years ago when I first got here local ones called wavey caps , and they took my head off , scary and don't like being not in control , same as alcohol
Do you think you could vape shrooms mate

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Funny story, was a customer called in i was doing tech support a internet company was xmas time, women called in told me she bought a laptop for her niece but wasnt getting connected to the internet, so i do usual troubleshoot asked her did wifi work on the laptop she goes i cant find how to switch it on, then she said the internet cable wont connect to the laptop i was bit stumped so i goes what laptop make is it, vtech fucking kids toy vtech laptop i just started laughing explained to her what she had bought was funny.

shmmeee

Did u ask any staff in the supermarket?
Where's the microwavable foil pal?
Bet they thought you were on the wind up.
Uh, yeah, it's on aisle 56 mate, in between the tartan paint and the solar panel touches! If you get to the long stands you've gone too far!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

If I had a hat on I would take it off to you sir, had some bout ten years ago when I first got here local ones called wavey caps , and they took my head off , scary and don't like being not in control , same as alcohol
Do you think you could vape shrooms mate

Psilocybin is destroyed at high temperatures. You couldn't smoke or vape mushies, you have to ingest them.

Scariest fucking night of my life was the first time taking mushies. Time got all fucked up, fucking mate had a Live at the Apollo marathon on and I thought time was looping. Then he collapsed, I went off to get help and he'd moved when I got back, freaked the fuck out and thought I'd imagined it all. Never again.

Acid was fucking life changing though. Not done Class As in a long time though, messes you up long term.

Nick

Administrator
Never touched them, don't like the thought of not being in control. I'd be one of those people who think they can see Unicorns and run out into the road in front of a bus or something stupid, or I'd sit in the corner crying to myself.

Don't really like getting drunk because of it either.

shmmeee

Never touched them, don't like the thought of not being in control. I'd be one of those people who think they can see Unicorns and run out into the road in front of a bus or something stupid, or I'd sit in the corner crying to myself.

Don't really like getting drunk because of it either.

It's not really like that, I thought some trainers were smiling at me once, but the stories the Police go on about like thinking a bus is a butterfly are bollocks. Can genuinely say acid is the only drug that's made me change how I look at the world, it's like taking all your preconceptions away. Bad trip is scary if you've not got anyone to take you out of it though, I became obsessed that I was going to swallow my tongue at one point.

Coke is alright, but you're a bit of a twat on it.

MDMA is fun, but fucks you right up mentally.

Weed makes you OK with everything, like a great big pause button on life. But also fucks you up mentally in the long term IMHO. Also seems to give you IBS, I know too many stoners who have IBS for it to be a coincidence.

I've enjoyed trying things, but to be honest I don't think I'd have missed much if I hadn't. Never done really hard stuff or Ket, never seen the appeal. Fuck all the new legal highs though. Only thing I do now is vape nicotine, have the occasional pint or three and pop a modafinil if I've got an assignment due and need to pull an all nighter.

robbieray

What a numpty.

You numpty

Nick

Administrator
It's not really like that, I thought some trainers were smiling at me once, but the stories the Police go on about like thinking a bus is a butterfly are bollocks. Can genuinely say acid is the only drug that's made me change how I look at the world, it's like taking all your preconceptions away. Bad trip is scary if you've not got anyone to take you out of it though, I became obsessed that I was going to swallow my tongue at one point.

Coke is alright, but you're a bit of a twat on it.

MDMA is fun, but fucks you right up mentally.

Weed makes you OK with everything, like a great big pause button on life. But also fucks you up mentally in the long term IMHO. Also seems to give you IBS, I know too many stoners who have IBS for it to be a coincidence.

I've enjoyed trying things, but to be honest I don't think I'd have missed much if I hadn't. Never done really hard stuff or Ket, never seen the appeal. Fuck all the new legal highs though. Only thing I do now is vape nicotine, have the occasional pint or three and pop a modafinil if I've got an assignment due and need to pull an all nighter.
I'd end up having a melt down with stuff like that! Pre workout drinks and taurine is about extreme as I go.

Astute

Not done acid for about 30 years. But used to love it. Bright distant lights were amazing. But I remember two events especially. One was when I went to see my mother. She had wallpaper that had bamboo and flowers. The flowers started to come along the carpet and tangle around my feet. I was kicking them away. She was asking what was wrong with me. I said nothing but couldn't stop kicking them. Didn't expect it as I had been spiked. The other time I was talking to someone who had a pimple on his nose. The pimple got bigger until it was a pimple I was talking to. Another time there was someone who did the big one when we were in Brighton. He did everything he said. He went missing. Suddenly he ran past us. He stopped and looked behind. He suddenly ran again. He spent a couple of hours doing the same. It ended up he was being chased by a gremlin. Each time he looked back the gremlin was there with his fingers in his ears and sticking it's tongue out at him.

One time we were on shroooms. We went to Coombe abbey. We were running around with sticks trying to shoot each other.

Nick

Administrator
Remember seeing a bloke in a nightclub in nuneaton who was on something and he was playing golf. He was just strolling round and taking golf shots, proper air swings, putting and everything. It was amazing.

Just on his own having a round of imaginary golf in a nightclub.

covmark

Yeah had some mad nights on acid. I just remember uncontrollably laughing most of the time. My mate had a full on conversation with a bottle of yakult in the local spar shop. Last time I did it I had a bad trip, just stayed in my room till I came out of it. Never touched it again after that.

Ecstasy was by far my favourite, nothing like a night out at Slinky @the opera house in Bournemouth, totally off my face with all my mates going mental with amazing tunes. Good times.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I'm sure you've seen the skit where someone carrying a drink was asked the time and turned his cup upside down ... we'll I actually did it once.
Also once I was laughing at a TV program so hard, my chair went over backwards (I can't remember which show it was).

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've tried pretty much every drug available over the years.....not bragging.....I'm just a fuck-up.

However the worst time I've had was on "smart" drugs whist over in the Dam......Me & 2 other lads were already flying on a cocktail of liberty caps & MDMA so thought we'd better swerve our original plan of a big bag of charles.....

....so we purchased several bottles of smart synthetics from some back street head shop.....marketed as liquid ecstacy.......fucking hell....imagine the strongest skunk mixed with the strongest H, stirred into 6 gallons of red-bull & poppers & then condensed into a bottle the size of a kids yoghurt pot.....

I've been to the Dam about 15 times & you always see a few lads who you think have a very good chance of drowning in a canal, getting stabbed by a turkish dealer or flying over the cukoos nest......

..well that weekend, it was us 3.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I loved my acid as a yoot too.......only had one really bad trip & that was in Cologne......I could see the words leaving peoples mouths & flying towards me, but I couldn't hear them until they hit me in the face.....a fair bit of the night was lost & I came around at about 7am shivering in a tram stop.....an object of curiosity to the german commuters as one of my legs was covered in tar from my trainerless foot to my thigh.....still no idea how that happened to this day.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Many years ago, when I was a bad lad and smoked pot heavily, I'd gone to a party and sat on the floor in a corner, stoned outta my skull. Some bastard put a Hoover hose in front of me and told me it was a King Cobra! Fuck me! I never moved an inch for hours, just staring at the bleedin' "snake"! Took me ages to live that down!

Users who are viewing this thread