dan walker survey (1 Viewer)

lifelongcityfan

I now know what Tim Fisher has been doing the last few weeks, logging into to survey thousands of times over to frig the result.
They should get the electoral commission to oversee this one

stupot07

I just don't know what they're sticking around for. Some people think ego, but I don't buy that. Some think they're holding out for more money but even the most financially incompetent can see that there is no way for a return on their investment. There's been so many twists and turns, some massive ones that the best strategic thinkers in the world could not have set contingencies for... I really for the life of me cannot fathom the plan. It's certainly not to play our way out of it!!

Of course they're holding out for money - at the minute on paper Sisu's investors haven't lost anything yet. They only lose their money when they sell up. The decision to pull out and leave is ultimately not up to joy and sisu but is the decision of those whose money was used to invest/loan the club money.

Brighton Sky Blue

I just don't know what they're sticking around for. Some people think ego, but I don't buy that. Some think they're holding out for more money but even the most financially incompetent can see that there is no way for a return on their investment. There's been so many twists and turns, some massive ones that the best strategic thinkers in the world could not have set contingencies for... I really for the life of me cannot fathom the plan. It's certainly not to play our way out of it!!

Reminds me of this Scouser gambling on a roulette machine in Brighton. He had taken out £1000 from a local bank and started betting like £150-200 a spin; some of the punters there for horse racing started watching this guy instead as he either banged his fist against the machine when he lost or shouted when he won. Eventually, he ran his money down to zero, so you think he'd just go and accept his losses right? No-he goes to the counter and demands that the women working there lock the machine while he goes out to take more money.

Returning with £400 and getting another £200 put on by card, he continues and soon he's down to his last £100 when he puts it all on a few rows and ends up winning £1k, at which point the whole bookies is forcing him to take the 'winnings'. SISU remind me of this guy at the end of his gambling streak, carrying on in desperate hope that luck will go their way.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course they're holding out for money - at the minute on paper Sisu's investors haven't lost anything yet. They only lose their money when they sell up. The decision to pull out and leave is ultimately not up to joy and sisu but is the decision of those whose money was used to invest/loan the club money.

Surely those investors must have some idea, be it from Seppalla or what has been made public over the last few months, that their return is only getting smaller?

Tonylinc

Reminds me of this Scouser gambling on a roulette machine in Brighton. He had taken out £1000 from a local bank and started betting like £150-200 a spin; some of the punters there for horse racing started watching this guy instead as he either banged his fist against the machine when he lost or shouted when he won. Eventually, he ran his money down to zero, so you think he'd just go and accept his losses right? No-he goes to the counter and demands that the women working there lock the machine while he goes out to take more money.

Returning with £400 and getting another £200 put on by card, he continues and soon he's down to his last £100 when he puts it all on a few rows and ends up winning £1k, at which point the whole bookies is forcing him to take the 'winnings'. SISU remind me of this guy at the end of his gambling streak, carrying on in desperate hope that luck will go their way.
An interesting analogy BSB but what luck are Sisu waiting on? That ACL will finally crack......God I hope not!

stupot07

Surely those investors must have some idea, be it from Seppalla or what has been made public over the last few months, that their return is only getting smaller?

Is their return getting smaller? they were last offered £1 for the club, but while their investment is on a balance sheet as a loan/debt they haven't lost their investment yet. Not saying I agree with it, just throwing it out there as a possible reason sisu won't just leave....but to be fair would anyone 'just leave' when they have substantial amounts of money to lose?

Brighton Sky Blue

Is their return getting smaller? they were last offered £1 for the club, but while their investment is on a balance sheet as a loan/debt they haven't lost their investment yet. Not saying I agree with it, just throwing it out there as a possible reason sisu won't just leave....but to be fair would anyone 'just leave' when they have substantial amounts of money to lose?

The £1 was nominal to acquire the club with the oft quoted figure of £10m to pay off SISU's loans in part. We don't know how many individual investors there are or how much each stands to lose-but it's at the stage where the amount they can realistically get back is dwindling. By 'get back', I mean what SISU always originally planned-to sell on to another party with the aim of earning a profit or failing that recouping as much as possible.

Last edited:

stupot07

The £1 was nominal to acquire the club with the oft quoted figure of £10m to pay off SISU's loans in part. We don't know how many individual investors there are or how much each stands to lose-but it's at the stage where the amount they can realistically get back is dwindling.

Where did the £10m come from? I can't remember seeing that. Anyhow, the fact remains whilst it's written down on paper, investors have lost nothing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Where did the £10m come from? I can't remember seeing that. Anyhow, the fact remains whilst it's written down on paper, investors have lost nothing.

The reported offer from Hoffman was £10m to pay off some of SISU's debts. It may remain that way on paper, but in practice that investment is only worth what someone's ultimately prepared to pay. It's either that or nothing at all.

stupot07

The reported offer from Hoffman was £10m to pay off some of SISU's debts. It may remain that way on paper, but in practice that investment is only worth what someone's ultimately prepared to pay. It's either that or nothing at all.

True, but it depends how long they are prepared to wait. Cut the wage bill to meet FFP, pretty much breakeven, ride it out a couple of seasons and see if they get a decent offer, whilst its on paper they have little to lose.

To be honest, the way Hoffmans bid disappeared after it went public makes me think they'd be another sisu.

Brighton Sky Blue

True, but it depends how long they are prepared to wait. Cut the wage bill to meet FFP, pretty much breakeven, ride it out a couple of seasons and see if they get a decent offer, whilst its on paper they have little to lose.

To be honest, the way Hoffmans bid disappeared after it went public makes me think they'd be another sisu.

We'll ultimately never know how credible Hoffman's bid was, just as we may or may not find out with Haskell. Cost cutting is only going to reduce the quality of the playing squad and put all the pressure on the manager to overperform for promotion which looks very far away right now. Their investors must be sick of it.

stupot07

We'll ultimately never know how credible Hoffman's bid was, just as we may or may not find out with Haskell. Cost cutting is only going to reduce the quality of the playing squad and put all the pressure on the manager to overperform for promotion which looks very far away right now. Their investors must be sick of it.[/url]

I disagree in this league, we should be able to breakeven and put out a very good side in this league - i'm sure brentfords and yeovils wage bill is dwarfed by ours. However, you do need to spend a bit more in the championship.

Tonylinc

We'll ultimately never know how credible Hoffman's bid was, just as we may or may not find out with Haskell. Cost cutting is only going to reduce the quality of the playing squad and put all the pressure on the manager to overperform for promotion which looks very far away right now. Their investors must be sick of it.[/url]

I disagree in this league, we should be able to breakeven and put out a very good side in this league - i'm sure brentfords and yeovils wage bill is dwarfed by ours. However, you do need to spend a bit more in the championship.
How can anyone say anything about our budget for next season. We don't know where we will be playing and thus have no idea of attendance figures......what a bloody mess!

Porkchophill

Just spotted it in the inbox thanks to this thread.

'Given that we were forced to look for an alternative venue to host our matches, would you support the team at another stadium to help preserve the long term future of your club?'

Love the way they loaded that question. Still said no, obviously.

Let's face it that question is a blatant tug at any fans heart string we all know that in a different situation the answer would be that we would follow our club anywhere for the good of the club but in the case of these charlatans a yes to this carefully worded question would be re interpreted to mean we agree with their stance and add weight to their plans .if we had owners that were interested in taking the club forward this would be a different answer but I can't see past damage limitation for sissu and debt recovery have the purse strings been tightened from higher up because they simply cannot justify to shareholders anymore and moving ground and not tying themselves into long term agreements is the only option

Brighton Sky Blue

Then you're relying on the team to perform better than the sum of its parts-if the accounts are ever released we will have a good idea of what a break-even figure actually is. If crowds continue at the current level or lower, the crowds could be no better than the likes of Brentford and as seasons go by with us stuck in this league, we'll become part of the furniture just as we did in the Championship.

I'm normally a strong advocate of clubs running themselves within their means, but we desperately need up from this division as soon as possible.

stupot07

Then you're relying on the team to perform better than the sum of its parts-if the accounts are ever released we will have a good idea of what a break-even figure actually is. If crowds continue at the current level or lower, the crowds could be no better than the likes of Brentford and as seasons go by with us stuck in this league, we'll become part of the furniture just as we did in the Championship.

I'm normally a strong advocate of clubs running themselves within their means, but we desperately need up from this division as soon as possible.

Not really, because everyone in this league has to adhere to the FFP, we had the third highest attendance we should therefore have the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill and there enough quality. I agree we need to get promoted, but disagree about overspending, that's one of the reasons we're in this mess - the Swansea model is the way to go.

Unfortunately the accounts we're waiting for relate to the 2011/12, so won't give an indication of break-even figure.

georgehudson

with all respect to Dan, stop the scamming & start being real,
OUR CLUB,
what part of that is hard to accept ?
Clouting ?
Dulieu ?
Brody ?
Clarke ?
Igwe ?
just what level of football knowledge is contained therein ?

wingy

with all respect to Dan, stop the scamming & start being real,
OUR CLUB,
what part of that is hard to accept ?
Clouting ?
Dulieu ?
Brody ?
Clarke ?
Igwe ?
just what level of football knowledge is contained therein ?

Obviously Clouting as he was gone Pronto but maybe not as he was taken in Initially.:thinking about::)

trondegilsoltvedt97

And from what I have read about Dan he is a fan and genuine. The questionnaire is straight forward- the one area which may divide is the bit about the future. Front what I've read on here and the telegraph it's less scam, more..well a question

Porkchophill

And from what I have read about Dan he is a fan and genuine. The questionnaire is straight forward- the one area which may divide is the bit about the future. Front what I've read on here and the telegraph it's less scam, more..well a question

He may well be a fan but he's also an employee and that survey to me was just an attempt to play on people's loyalty

trondegilsoltvedt97

He may well be a fan but he's also an employee and that survey to me was just an attempt to play on people's loyalty

Well it asked our opinions. How we came to support the clib, what it means to us. To me that isn't playing on loyalty.

As for the question on future, my loyalty is to Coventry City. No one else- not Sisu, ACL etc. It has been played upon for 30 years when you think about it- through good and bad! That question does not offend me

Porkchophill

Or was it abit of dressing up to the main question like I said earlier I would follow the club elsewhere temporarily if I had faith in the fact that it was 100% for the good of the club but I don't and what proof do they have that this is in the best interest of the future of the club when in reality there is no solid plan . No proof they have the intension or the finances to build an alternative ground

ajsccfc

I think the time has come to make jabs at Dan's appearance, family and create a HILARIOUS pun about his name. I suggest replacing the L with an N! Oh man!

Houdi

On reflection maybe the best thing the fans should have done is to all en-mass have voted yes to the move away.Because that actually would have been the result SISU least expected.Every man and his dog,pro SISU, anti SISU or somewhere in the middle knows the fans are overwhelmingly anti SISU.The fans could have voted to agree to a move,it doesn't mean they actually have to mean it.;)I honestly believe thet moving grounds is the last thing SISU want to do,it would cost them a fortune.But if the fans actually went along with SISU's games,it would force them then actually find another ground willing to house us,and more importantly draw up plans to build and pay for,a new stadium in the Coventry area.

torchomatic

Good idea. I'm sure someone will come up with an amusing name for SHITSU's and Dim Wisher's puppet.

I think the time has come to make jabs at Dan's appearance, family and create a HILARIOUS pun about his name. I suggest replacing the L with an N! Oh man!

Users who are viewing this thread