Dave Boddy - New CEO (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Again I don't know who to, but it was stated by your 'favourite' local journalist.

Why's it not been printed in an exclusive article if Fisher has said it?

mark_ccfc

What is going on with the sale of Ryton? Doesn't anyone think he may have been brought in to carry on where Mark Venus left off?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This appointment sounds like a complete non event. As long as Fisher and Joy are running the show whoever comes in will achieve very little. Just someone else to blame either by Tim of from us supporters.

Nick

Administrator
This appointment sounds like a complete non event. As long as Fisher and Joy are running the show whoever comes in will achieve very little. Just someone else to blame either by Tim of from us supporters.

He can still be blamed for things that are actually under his control.

He has said what his priorities are so he can still be judged on those for starters.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...I'm sure he can, and he will.

RegTheDonk

He has said what his priorities are so he can still be judged on those for starters.
He's been here since Feb running the commerical side, so what's everyone's thoughts on the impact he's had here to date?

Haven't been to the club shop or brought any merchandise myself, but like a few others still waiting for the Checkatrade DVD to surface.

Captain Dart

He's been here since Feb running the commerical side, so what's everyone's thoughts on the impact he's had here to date?

Haven't been to the club shop or brought any merchandise myself, but like a few others still waiting for the Checkatrade DVD to surface.
Yes he has ensured Andy Harvey will ... seek other opportunities..

mark82

Heard some guys quizzing Boddy on a few bits tonight. Seemed a decent enough guy and was happy to answer questions.

Steve.B50

I've only seen Gilbert, The trust and Jimmy Hill way going all out. So much so the trust haven't mentioned anything about signings of the academy extension ;)

Before you make some sort of sarcastic comment Nick I am not on the Trust Board and not been for some time.
However, have you ever looked at who has been putting pressure on all parties to help make this happen?

Nick

Administrator
Before you make some sort of sarcastic comment Nick I am not on the Trust Board and not been for some time.
However, have you ever looked at who has been putting pressure on all parties to help make this happen?

I can see plenty of pressure in one direction. There was talk of pressure on other parties but it went quiet.

Did the trust make the academy extension happen then?

mark82

I've no idea, I didn't go to their meetings. Last night I believe was open for anyone to go,so I'm not sure who was Trust members,but all there were CCFC supporters and only about 3 showed they had renewed. Not scientific granted but reasonably reflects the season ticket holders I know.

The thing is, if you want to renew then renew. If you don't, fine. It's football, it's entertainment, if you enjoy it and don't go the only person you are depriving is yourself.

SkyblueBazza

You also need to take into consideration the event it was and the target audience and who has been promoting it ;)

Should do a hands raised at a home game and see who has a ST and you will get a different picture.
MIGHT see a different picture...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

I can see plenty of pressure in one direction. There was talk of pressure on other parties but it went quiet.

Did the trust make the academy extension happen then?
No they were pushing for it to be closed down and sold.

letsallsingtogether

Went to the film showing last night at Coventry University re the year we spent in exile at Northampton. Film was only about 18 minutes in length,it was ok but a lot of the footage had been seen before on BBC/ITV and Sky Sports.
The 2 things that stood out from last night,was on a show of hands very few people there last night have renewed their season ticket,admittedly there was probably less than a 100 there.
Secondly something I certainly hadn't heard before that Fisher has apparently confirmed we are no longer looking for a new ground, as they can't find any land apparently. I suppose in theory that doesn't automatically rule out the 'Butts' option, but the 'prospect' of SISU buying land for a new ground is officially dead, not that many ever believed the fantasy from the start. The 'vibe' from the meeting was that a new rental agreement at the Ricoh is by no means certain, and we seem to be fast approaching crunch time.
I was there don't recall any show of hands?
Then again ne ER renewed so wouldn't have raised mine.
BTW it wasn't a trust meeting it was a premier of the film that was promoted and pushed by The union Unite and there in the community division.

Captain Dart

Adge

Heard some guys quizzing Boddy on a few bits tonight. Seemed a decent enough guy and was happy to answer questions.
I bought a car from a dealer once-seemed a nice guy and answered all my questions. Then I took it for an mot and it was a death trap that shouldn't have been on the road!

Nick

Administrator
I bought a car from a dealer once-seemed a nice guy and answered all my questions. Then I took it for an mot and it was a death trap that shouldn't have been on the road!

Sound a bit gullible to me. Should have checked it over and got a pre sales check.

mark82

Just saying what I heard. Didn't hear all his answers so can't comment too much on content but seemed happy to talk to people and took some challenging questions on his time at Worcester (defended himself, as most would). Sure I heard him say he would like a takeover at one point but that may have been wishful thinking!

Personally, I'm concerned about his appointment but we'll just have to wait and see.

ccfcway

like a new stadium or additional revenues ?

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Nah it was because Wingy's grandson was using the site and it was full of swears. I set it up so people can opt out of swear filters if they wanted to but never got round to making it all live :)

dongonzalos

And no doubt get sacked when things that are not under his control screw up what is......
Also known as 'another scapegoat'

Users who are viewing this thread