Death List 2023 (3 Viewers)

Bugsy

Bill Kenwright 78 RIP

stay_up_skyblues

RIP Matthew Perry. Listened to his book last year and never had any idea of the extent of his addiction. Said he was on around 70 iirc OxyContin a DAY. To the extent his colon exploded more than once. At least he’s free of it now.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Gutted to hear about Matthew Perry. I was born in 1990 so only have small memories of how popular friends was, but watched the series through a couple of times now, and i dont see why some people try and slate it

It was a brilliant comedy for its time, with a cast who complimented each other perfectly

Chandler was my favourite, Perry delivered the sarcasm, wit and when needed sincere moments brilliantly. Considering he was off his tits half the time aswell shows just how good he was

A real shame

Brighton Sky Blue

Out of the main characters Chandler was the one who ‘grew’ the most over the series which is no small feat if Perry was intoxicated most of the time. Quite surprised to see his passing in any case.

chiefdave

Went to bed to rumours but hoped to wake up to find out they weren't true but sadly it's been confirmed that Nottingham Panthers player Adam Johnson has died after being injured during last nights game in Sheffield.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

Went to bed to rumours but hoped to wake up to find out they weren't but sadly it's been confirmed that Nottingham Panthers player Adam Johnson has died after being injured during last nights game in Sheffield.

That’s tragic.

ajsccfc

Bloody hell I saw about the incident last night but I wasn't expecting that. Remember seeing a similar thing happen in the NHL years ago so I believe it's incredibly rare but there must be something to prevent it ever happening

Terry_dactyl

Bloody hell I saw about the incident last night but I wasn't expecting that. Remember seeing a similar thing happen in the NHL years ago so I believe it's incredibly rare but there must be something to prevent it ever happening
Someone I play football with is involved in British ice Hockey. He reckons that there are neck guards, which children wear when playing but that aren’t used in the adult game.

ProfessorbyGrace

Had to look it up, as I couldn’t recall the guys name: it was Clint Malarchuk, in 1989, for the Sabres. It’s considered the worst injury on-ice in NHL history, and one of the reports actually said that if the paramedic hadn’t put his thumb against the artery in his neck, he would have died.

I would have thought that a neck guard would have been standard protective gear, personally.

ajsccfc

I was reading up and a similar thing happened more recently in 2008 as well although the player was lucky in that he was relatively stable throughout and returned to playing the next season. I don't know how it can happen once and they don't bring in measures to prevent it happening again

CJ_covblaze

It could be that this is a Phil Hughes moment in hockey. That was a freak accident during play and now the extra protection on the helmet is pretty much standard. One is one too many. Such a tragic incident and must’ve been horrible to be there in the arena. Thoughts are with everyone involved.

CJ_covblaze

Hopefully the tweets from the Nottingham players that were on the ice and bench at the time dispel any suggestion it was intentional. Fair play to them for speaking out.

wingy

Users who are viewing this thread