Deegan moves to Hibs confirmed (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Clingan
Mcpake
Keogh
Cranie
Bigi
Deegan
Norwood
Nimely

Out

In two untested in this country French defenders
Fleck lots of potential but unknown how it will pan out
Ball and Brown young loannes so a 50 50 gamble.

Kilban old now but imo the only signing where we know we will get quality.

Elliott ability, but injured for past 7 seasons.

So 8 first steamers out.
7 in 2 or 3 of whom will be first teamers in.

Clingan was shit last year, McPake was injured/at Hibernian, Keogh, bigi and Cranie only big loses but I prefer Wood at CB to Cranie and I rated Keogh better as a RB (he needed to be CB for us though), Bigi has talent but last season was too much for him n all the youngun, Deegan was inconsisent or injured, Norwood when we got relegated, he weren't coming back and Nimely scored 1 goal, hardly going to miss him that much (I must conceded he did add a bit to out team with his dribbling but that doesn't win games!)

Edge played in Greek prem last year, better than L1, Malaga in pre season has been v good.

Fleck has potential to do well in a 'free role' but he's been played out on the wing for Rangers and Blackpool..
Elliott - mere squad player
Kilbane, old but did the business for Huddlesfield the year they nearly went up! Probably won't start unless he don't get a defensive mid or Hussey goes...

How are Ball and Brown 50/50? Brown is from Man U, played at thid level before and Ball is highly rated by Derby fans and SHOULD do well at this level, well worthy loans!

Why?

We have a better squad and 1st team than most. We don't need to have a much better team and squad than everyone to go up. It is debatable if our squad is as strong as a whole to last season. It isn't debatable about our opponents. Is AT good enough to help get us promoted? We will soon find out. First few games to find our feet in Div3 then it will be time to push on.

No more excuses. Not from me anyway.

Are you basing this on reputation or knowledge? It gets trotted out a fair amount ('we should be in the top 6 as a minimum, otherwise something is badly awry') and I am wondering what people are basing it on.

I havent' seen any pre-season games, so the vast majority of my knowledge on the new additions is hearsay. I couldn't even confidently compare them to the players we already have, let alone categorically say that these players are definitely better or worse than those at other clubs (without Googling the other squads first and employing some guesswork for those names that were unfamiliar).

I'm going to hope for a top 6 position, that we win more games in a single season that I have ever seen before, that we are challenging for promotion. But there is the element of the unknown for me and I will need to see a few fixtures to start to level out hope vs. expectation.

* EDIT - I am taking a fair bit of poetic licence with what you said, which was much more balanced than I'd given it credit for.

Last edited:

stupot07

Clingan was shit last year, McPake was injured/at Hibernian, Keogh, bigi and Cranie only big loses but I prefer Wood at CB to Cranie and I rated Keogh better as a RB (he needed to be CB for us though), Bigi has talent but last season was too much for him n all the youngun, Deegan was inconsisent or injured, Norwood when we got relegated, he weren't coming back and Nimely scored 1 goal, hardly going to miss him that much (I must conceded he did add a bit to out team with his dribbling but that doesn't win games!)

Edge played in Greek prem last year, better than L1, Malaga in pre season has been v good.

Fleck has potential to do well in a 'free role' but he's been played out on the wing for Rangers and Blackpool..
Kilbane, old but did the business for Huddlesfield the year they nearly went up! Probably won't start unless he don't get a defensive mid or Hussey goes...

How are Ball and Brown 50/50? Brown is from Man U, played at thid level before and Ball is highly rated by Derby fans and SHOULD do well at this level, well worthy loans!

A typical Cov supporter post - everyone who leaves the club are crap so won't be missed.

dongonzalos

50/50 because they are an unknown quantity. They are going to be either good or bad not guaranteed good. As has been shown so far.
Yes never thought Norwood was coming back he has not been replaced so will be missed.
Nimely scored one, won 3 penalties, set up 4 and had 2 players sent off for fouls on him. So you may not miss him but the team will. He IMO has not been replaced.

Mcpake would have eaten up this league, but I understand about the wages.
Edge has played at that level he has never played here and has had poor reviews so far.

Malaga has had good reviews so far, both are unknown quantities in English football so who knows.

Deegan may have been inconsistent but we only have an aged Kilbane as a defensive midfielder and no natural defensive midfielder as cover.

It all points to no depth to me, which was our problem.

Don't get me wrong surprised and chuffed SISU have signed anyone. However dont think play offs are the cert that people think.

It would take one hell if a bit of luck on the injuries the front.

ccfcway

interest to hear the way AT answered the question about the Degan move on CWR last night.. When asked he paused and said "it was time he moved on"

dongonzalos

Yes, I think it will be his personality. Ad the move came out of no where and his wages would not have been huge. When are they coming for ROD

Nick

Administrator
You could tell AT didnt like him last season even before the tweet! At said he was injured but deegan said he wasnt!

Oh well, i hope we get in replacements to do a job!

Mucca Mad Boys

A typical Cov supporter post - everyone who leaves the club are crap so won't be missed.

Don't get me wrong Clingan in the Coleman days was awesome, I think he lost interest and performances declined... shows how good he is as he isn't even training nor linked with ANYONE!

Deegan was always injured likewise with McPake who I think was good but injuries spoilt his time with us then went to hibs on loan last year!

Nimely - goal record speaks for itself

I think our squad now is better than last year if we get Carazine, Jennings + Barton and (hopefully a winger), bar Keogh!

Astute

From what my lad has said about Jennings he is much better than Deegan, and they both play the same role. My lad has watched him play for the last 3 seasons so I trust him more than anyone saying we will miss Deegan. Last season we suffered with a lack of goals. We already have more striker options. I have a mate who is a season ticket holder for Derby. He said Ball should have fun in Div3. The fans don't want him to leave. We have just seen what Fleck can do. Cody will have it easier this season and should be fitter. OK we have lost Keogh. The only player we have not looked to have replaced, but shall we see how good Malaga is before deciding we will leak goals because he has gone?

If anyone thinks we have no right to be aiming for minimum top 6 let us all know 6 other clubs with a stronger team/squad. If we end up 7th or below then I will put it down to the manager. As you all well know I have backed AT all the way. Now it is time to see what he can do.

Nonleagueherewecome

Relative to the division, and if we keep him, Wood can replace Keogh. Malaga can replace Cranie hopefully, 'cos as well as being a big lad, he sounds rather classy on the deck.

CJparker

In spite of his lack impact over the years, his terrible fitness record and his general lack of ability, not to mention his stupid "Tweet" and his massive frame, I hope he goes on and does well elsewhere. Didn't work for him at City but I wish him all the best.

dongonzalos

In spite of his lack impact over the years, his terrible fitness record and his general lack of ability, not to mention his stupid "Tweet" and his massive frame, I hope he goes on and does well elsewhere. Didn't work for him at City but I wish him all the best.

Is that Deegan or Barton you are talking about :)

Users who are viewing this thread