Match Thread Derby Match Thread (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

it was nothing like it - he engineered contact but there was contact

It looked exactly the same when they showed it in the after match analysis.

pusbccfc

Heard loads of wailing sirens whilst we were walking away from the ground, but a (transport police) copper at the station told me that it hadn't kicked off - did anyone see any trouble after the game?

Nothing really. Can't remember a Coventry away match being that heavily policed for many, many years.

Sky Blue Pete

Quest think it was a pen. The guy that dived they think is great! Nothing about cheating ffs. Never a pen an absolute dive

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s really soft but it’s a pen - forget sheaf, he should have gone down when O’Hare stood in his foot. Sheaf left himself there and the opportunity presented itself, he’s crashed into Sheaf - it’s annoying but it’s a pen. If that was O’Hare we’d be raging if we didn’t get the pen

Sky Blue Pete

It’s really soft but it’s a pen - forget sheaf, he should have gone down when O’Hare stood in his foot. Sheaf left himself there and the opportunity presented itself, he’s crashed into Sheaf - it’s annoying but it’s a pen. If that was O’Hare we’d be raging if we didn’t get the pen
Not a chance he threw himself

Adge

Hard boiled egg/soft boiled egg. It’s still a boiled egg.

pusbccfc

But O'Hare hasn't won a pen this season despite having challenges on him near identical to that.

This is the issue. I feel I don't know the rules anymore because of the inconsistency.

Speedie's Head

I thought Bidwell had a very solid game and now showing some fitness. He's got more to offer I think. The injury to JCS doesn't look good.

sylus

Reading winning made the result for them feel like a defeat, they have alot of work to do to stay up

The Philosopher

Quest think it was a pen. The guy that dived they think is great! Nothing about cheating ffs. Never a pen an absolute dive
Out of the most recent penalty / non penalty incidents the Derby one given was softer than the Hull Gyok wrestle down and the Tavares take out.

VAR:

I think VAR should be used in the championship play off final for sure. So much at stake.

For the Semi’s ?

Possibly.

Last game of the season where relegation / promotion can rest on a bad decision?

Maybe that too.

The rest?

Not yet. A few years I think it’s inevitable.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rooney claiming they should have had 3 penalties, and complaining to the ref. The only one that they had a case for was Fankaty's swipe imo.

The Philosopher

Refs should get, say, £10k match fee.

After the match, for each f-ck up they should be deducted whatever %.

That will sharpen them up.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not a chance he threw himself
Hence why I said soft pen. There’s contact, and like I said - O’Hare stood on his foot pre contact with Sheaf. As I’ve said - if that was us we’d be shouting how much it would be a pen.

But O'Hare hasn't won a pen this season despite having challenges on him near identical to that.

This is the issue. I feel I don't know the rules anymore because of the inconsistency.

Because O’Hare has a reputation. I’ve said it before - he’s not cute when he goes down, a lot of the time he’s obvious when he’s dived.

take Cardiff for instance, the first challenge there was absolutely no need for him to go down under the first challenge. In my opinion it cost us the actual penalty straight after, the rules are the same - it’s just subjective as to what people consider a foul. In real time you’ve got to give the ref the benefit becuase of the speed it’s happening. He’s not going to see the “already going down” he’s going to see the sheaf body check though

CCFCSteve

The victim complex and allegations of cheating are amazing when we’ve actually done it ourselves this season.

Yeah, he bought a pen, we’ve done the same as you say. It shouldn’t have been given but then again I thought Dabos one could’ve been earlier in the half.

I think the issue for most is the total lack of consistency in reffing. A couple of Hull ones were more pens than Lawrence’s yesterday

Grendel

Bergkamp especially and shearer were past masters at doing it - instigating contact to gain a penalty

Users who are viewing this thread