Disruption versus positive action (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCCFC

Seems both on here and in the real world there's lots of chatter about 'doing something' before the end of the season but which seems to boil down to disrupting games one way or another.

I've never been persuaded that something like that would help - media coverage would be negative, there's a high risk of violence (however peaceful people might try to be, stewards and the police will intervene and it only takes one idiot to take a swing at a PC and that would be that), I can't see SP would like it and people could end up with banning orders, fines and even custodial sentences having damaged rather than helped the cause (those who think 'Div 3 game disrupted' would be headline news are not living in the real world).

But I do share the sense of wanting to do more so I started to look for campaign ideas. Irrespective of what you think of his politics, Peter Tatchell is undoubtedly very successful and certainly brave. He aims to be non-violent and act within the law but he goes for his targets fearlessly doing things like citizens arrests etc. I'm still incensed with Labovitch's behaviour at the SCG. So how - in a non violent and legal way - could an approach be taken that puts Labo in the limelight and makes things in relation to CCFC a bit more awkward for him?

torchomatic

I heard Spionkop has volunteered to lead the Coventry Keyboard Hussars.

Seriously though, I'm pleased to hear you against disrupting a game. It woudn't do you any favours.

wingy

Quite like Colin murrays idea.

Not so much of a protest as a benvolent jolly .

e's started a putting together a Group who are going to watch an obscure Welsh Team who happened to have qualified for UEFA/ Champs League,when they play away .

The Issue with this Is finding a Club and portraying our plight through some form of Symetry .

Or just go enmasse to a Local Game or In Contrast to Murray and to get some airtime by bantering with him Go to their home tie ,pointing out he's only going for the Jolly.

NorthernWisdom

Quite like Colin murrays idea.

Not so much of a protest as a benvolent jolly .

e's started a putting together a Group who are going to watch an obscure Welsh Team who happened to have qualified for UEFA/ Champs League,when they play away .

The Issue with this Is finding a Club and portraying our plight through some form of Symetry .

Or just go enmasse to a Local Game or In Contrast to Murray and to get some airtime by bantering with him Go to their home tie ,pointing out he's only going for the Jolly.

FWIW, I genuinely felt for a while designating a game in the Midlands as official CCFC substitute game each weekend, having a bunch of fans go there instead would work as:

You don't need many to stand out in a cowd;

It draws attention, and allows those fans there to talk to fans of other clubs;

It allows for some other grounds to be chalked off the list!

OK, it does lead to the Oxford, Cheltenham, Bedworth, Rugby, Solihull, Hereford, Walsall, Telford boards being full of people saying the gate's inflated by fans in Coventry tops...:thinking about:

Last edited:

torchomatic

Lagger, only what I'd expect from the battery boy and Norman. But you - the truth? Huh?

Weird, both you and SBK amusingly call me battery boy and seem to have trouble quoting....

See you Wednesday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Lagger, only what I'd expect from the battery boy and Norman. But you - the truth? Huh?

When are you going to do some protesting?

Grendel

Weird, both you and SBK amusingly call me battery boy and seem to have trouble quoting....

See you Wednesday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Soon he will let slip an estimated fact and its all over.....

Grendel

hi michaelccfc, pardon my ignorance but what did ML do at the scg that incensed you.

I think he asked Steve brown a question.

n16e

Attend televised games like tonight's Chesterfield v Pompey and protest there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Strange thing to say from a man who claimed his form of protest was not to go to Sixfields.

No he wants people who attend to do protesting for him -- so does Dongle.

Presumably he's too lazy or spineless to do it himself

Covstu

not being funny but sabotaging other teams games isn't going to get us noticed in a positive light, one thing we do have in our favour is the facts that fans from other clubs have sympathy in our course, the problem is we cannot really be arsed to do anything ourselves.

I think another major protest in Coventry from town hall to the Ricoh. The only way we will get numbers is if we do an event at home

MichaelCCFC

hi michaelccfc, pardon my ignorance but what did ML do at the scg that incensed you.

• Labovitch used the recent sisu Consultative Group (SCG) meeting to attack City fan Steve Brown
  • Steve is one of the most loyal fans you could ever meet, a top bloke and at SCG meetings represents the Sky Blue Trust
  • Steve was subjected to questioning about if he has contact with ACL’s PR company, communication with the media and Labovitch saying “other parties might have been working with CCC in a campaign to discredit the Club”. See for yourself - the minutes are at www.keepcovincov.weebly.com
  • Steve is a City fan – what is Labovitch?

MichaelCCFC

Going to televised games is a good idea. I talked to Hull about it but they've not got another televised game this season so maybe it's an idea for next season. Certainly wouldn't be about disrupting games just something like the 35 min WHY signs but perhaps FixFootball instead. Would need support of home fans and doubt we'd be able even to get tickets for a lot of games but Prem teams like Hull and plenty of others should be ok, and (apart from Sunderland!) are supportive.

In terms of other ideas, the rich and powerful never like being laughed at and humour/satire is a very strong weapon. So again with Labo in mind, any ideas?

wingy

How about something around being misquoted.

I think we could play on CHRYSTALISE
used by herself

shmmeee

What's the legal position on sit ins or gathering around an exit to the ground?

Thinking of things that would "disrupt" the people we actually have a problem with rather than the team/opposition. Would the board just walk out of a sit in? Would there be legal trouble to gathering outside the exit and demanding to talk?

letsallsingtogether

Yes goes to every away game and on the Hill no matter what the weather but people like Grendel would rather believe Labobitch then a City fan. can't really post all the things he has done too many to mention shame that people then attack him and even question his motives.

Some people talk the talk Steve Walks the Walk.

Labobitch knows he was wrong and just another Sisu own goal from a person who doesn't give a fuck about CCFC.

But go on keep backing them.
  • Labovitch used the recent sisu Consultative Group (SCG) meeting to attack City fan Steve Brown
  • Steve is one of the most loyal fans you could ever meet, a top bloke and at SCG meetings represents the Sky Blue Trust
  • Steve was subjected to questioning about if he has contact with ACL’s PR company, communication with the media and Labovitch saying “other parties might have been working with CCC in a campaign to discredit the Club”. See for yourself - the minutes are at www.keepcovincov.weebly.com

percy

genuinely didnt know so thanks for your reply mate

"Steve is a City fan – what is Labovitch?" out of order by the sound of it !!!

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

They can have you for trespass as they own that area the hill however is common ground that is why they cannot move us on.

Plus I can see that causing trouble and don't really fancy fighting fellow City Fans.

QUOTE=shmmeee;660482]What's the legal position on sit ins or gathering around an exit to the ground?

Thinking of things that would "disrupt" the people we actually have a problem with rather than the team/opposition. Would the board just walk out of a sit in? Would there be legal trouble to gathering outside the exit and demanding to talk?[/QUOTE]

NorthernWisdom

Gifts really are the way forward.

The photo one week...

The next, a Greg Downes wig. Perhaps he'd like to model it?

Then a nice toy van painted in Coventry Evening Telegraph livery

A ticket for some performance in the Cathedral

An I Saw Harry Score badge

A voucher for Nando's.

An invite to Esquire's coffee shop for a comedy improv workshop, to help him with his delivery in interviews

A programme from the 4th division promotion season

An invite to sing Go For It City on Britain's Got Talent, in a duet with Spionkop

A sky blue wig and toilet duck combo

A garden gnome painted in his likeness

The invitation to don a beard like Killer Kilcline

A year's subscription to the Friends of the Herbert Art Gallery

A Barbershop kissogram singing the sky blue song on his birthday

And so on...

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Going to televised games is a good idea.

Better IMO to do lower league clubs, in an organic way.

May not get the overwhelming publicity, but you need less there to be noticed, it's more of a story in their locality, it shows there's more below the top flight (and those clubs need the cash more, too!) it can buid up to something bigger without the pressure of failure if only two turn up!

Grendel

I know you tend not to answer my questions but out if interest did Steve brown have contact with Weber Shadwick and if so why?

Grendel

No he didn't

Then surely he would just deny it and say the accusation was both paranoid and absurd. Its clear that Labovitz is a loose cannon which is off given his background and training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread