Do we even miss Hamer? (1 Viewer)

Diogenes

Everyone in midfield is contributing goals/assists. O'Hare has stepped up after coming back, Sheaf (or Chafe) is becoming the midfield General and building great partnerships with Eccles and Allen, with Victor Bowie still to come in.

For so long CM seemed so lightweight and our weakest area - yet right now it's probably our strongest.

If I asked the same question about Gyokeres it's a no brainer, Gyokeres would waltz into this side and turn us into a team capable of winning the league.

Hamer, not so much. Given the option to buy him back or strengthen elsewhere- I'm going for some firepower up front.

Thoughts?

DannyThomas_1981

100% would always want Hamer in our team - he's a game changer and there aren't many like him with his all pitch game.

It's also fair to say that COH's fantastic return to the team after that long injury, Sheaf in form and Eccles developing all of the time in the base of midfield has lessened the damage of Hamer's departure.

Hamer would be even better in this team as there would be less reliance on him given COH's return and an additional outlet ball all of the time.

The short reply is we do miss Hamer but that's not to diminish the contribution of anyone else.

Diogenes

Imagine Collins Milan Thomas kitching bidwell sheaf hamer wright Ohare Saka gyokeres

The only one I'd look to replace there is the GK.

Rest of that lineup is top of championship/prem level.

Imagine Gyokeres in this lineup - he would have banged in 20 already.

covboy9

The only one I'd look to replace there is the GK.

Rest of that lineup is top of championship/prem level.

Imagine Gyokeres in this lineup - he would have banged in 20 already.
I cannot believe Everton and West Ham passed him over

17mill was a steal

covboy9

I miss Gyokeres. Watching poor Godden running through treacle all game touching the ball less than 10 times compared to Vik the beast last season.

Doesn't bear thinking about where we'd be if he was still here
Agree it’s a hard watch

simms is equally hard to watch tho. At least Godden can stick it in the net

Reactions: KAB

SeaSeeEffCee

We miss Gyokeres more but who wouldn’t, what a player he is.

Hamer would undoubtedly improve us if he was still here but I don’t think we’re a massively worse team without him.

With Hamer in the side I think we’d be maybe 3-5 points better off. With Gyokeres I think we’d be challenging for autos.

Frank Sidebottom

We're not currently missing him as such, But he would improve the current team.
A bit like saying do we miss Callum Wilson or James Maddison.... it's largely irrelevant as we're currently on a fantastic run.

Diogenes

Agree it’s a hard watch

simms is equally hard to watch tho. At least Godden can stick it in the net

We have to bring in a striker this window. This is the only real position of concern.

A lot of our recent goals have come from people not renown for scoring - Saka, O Hare, Sheaf. If this midfield purple patch dries up we are in trouble with only Wright really good enough at this level.

Simms has something in him but it's not clicked yet.

Yank

We miss him in the sense that he is a player with lots of talent. Results wise though I don't think he would have made a ton of more difference, that's jmo.

Londonccfcfan

He was the best midfielder in the division last year ofcourse we miss him. For sure we would be better with him. But without £15m.

We have had £15 million for him. We move on. That money has and will improve squad.

Evo1883

Everyone in midfield is contributing goals/assists. O'Hare has stepped up after coming back, Sheaf (or Chafe) is becoming the midfield General and building great partnerships with Eccles and Allen, with Victor Bowie still to come in.

For so long CM seemed so lightweight and our weakest area - yet right now it's probably our strongest.

If I asked the same question about Gyokeres it's a no brainer, Gyokeres would waltz into this side and turn us into a team capable of winning the league.

Hamer, not so much. Given the option to buy him back or strengthen elsewhere- I'm going for some firepower up front.

Thoughts?
We'd be even better with him next to sheaf

Londonccfcfan

We miss him in the sense that he is a player with lots of talent. Results wise though I don't think he would have made a ton of more difference, that's jmo.
In the Massive games last season he was incredible.

I still maintain if he didn't go off injured in play off final after his goal. We would have won it with him in extra time. That loss was massive.

He carried us almost to the premier league.

pusbccfc

No, because we're currently ahead of where we were this time last season.

Yes, because I'm convinced we'd be a lot higher with him in the side. Same with Gyokeres. In fact, put those two in this side with the likes of Sakamoto and MVE and we'd be up with Leicester.

SkyblueTexan

Hope Victor Torp ends up being as good or better than Hamer. Then we need a potent striker to complete the jigsaw. Simms ain’t cutting it. Wright is better, but not as good as Gyokeres. Yes I’m greedy, but if we want to make the EPL, we need the depth just to survive.

Viktor17

Thoughts?
Yes. He’s quality. Put him in this team - oooof.

long way home

The question do we miss him, NO because the coaches have made the team better all over the field.

Would we love him in this squad now... 100 % we would Hamer is a top draw player.

If you miss players the manager and recruiters are not doing the correct job.

The game now is about replacing and improving the stats. And Robins and staff have improved every team stat as of now in comparison to last season. More wins, goals, pts and value of the squad..

wingy

We have to bring in a striker this window. This is the only real position of concern.

A lot of our recent goals have come from people not renown for scoring - Saka, O Hare, Sheaf. If this midfield purple patch dries up we are in trouble with only Wright really good enough at this level.

Simms has something in him but it's not clicked yet.
He's saving it for when it really counts

I hope!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Miss Gus, he's for sure he was brilliant last 3 months of last season.
Things going very well results wise. I know his sale has contributed to be able to increase overall quality and quantity of squad. However of course we miss his multi talents.

Greggs

Rumours are he was at the game today in disguise as he didn't want to piss his parent club off anymore than he already has done, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread