skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
Not really - the debt can be moved from Otium entertainment group to Sb s and L or the fund that king and Coleman seem to jointly own

So the charge can remain and structured so it still needs paying like when ccfc was debt free when Sisu first came but the other companies were not

it’s hardly likely that someone pays Arvo off and still allows a 15% equity stake
None of that would leave the club “debt free” though would it, it would just mean that the debt has been transferred. So either the statement is misleading or the club is no longer in debt to SISU or any SISU associated companies or anyone else for the club to be “debt free”.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Jun 5, 2020
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned or not, but he’s stated we won’t be selling and are looking for a promotion push this season in his interview with the telegraph

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
None of that would leave the club “debt free” though would it, it would just mean that the debt has been transferred. So either the statement is misleading or the club is no longer in debt to SISU or any SISU associated companies.

Ranson claimed we were debt free on that basis

It could be a share equity arrangement - still means payments have to be made

Could be referring to external debt outside an umbrella group

I notice many articles refer to it as “debt free”

SkyBlueSam01

May 8, 2020
Anyone able to summarise the last 24hrs and why there is so much scepticism about big Doug? All seems really positive to me but maybe I've missed something?

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Anyone able to summarise the last 24hrs and why there is so much scepticism about big Doug? All seems really positive to me but maybe I've missed something?

Timing and closeness to Sisu mostly, for me the fact that’s he’s talked at length about the arena and seems to know virtually nothing about the club and has no clear plans for it.

I’m still holding out hope that it’s a bit of extra investment to get us further forward this season and beyond as Joy ran out of cash, but I’d like to hear a lot more about how this will affect things on the pitch.

Reactions: SkyBlueSam01

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
Timing and closeness to Sisu mostly, for me the fact that’s he’s talked at length about the arena and seems to know virtually nothing about the club and has no clear plans for it.

I’m still holding out hope that it’s a bit of extra investment to get us further forward this season and beyond as Joy ran out of cash, but I’d like to hear a lot more about how this will affect things on the pitch.
I think you’ve hit upon something with the running out of cash point.

If Joy knew that CCFC could be “aggressively taken over / distressed” by MA who was clearly going to buy the Arena and then (according to Twitter Piggy and credible posters on here) fully try to buy CCFC then admitting you are skint isn’t sensible.

Not being able to afford HMRC bills and panic selling Hyam means “we is skint”

By having a bouffant “wealthy new owner with 25 mil in hand” it may give the impression of “we don’t need to sell cheap”.

Is this smoke and mirrors and a ploy to sell CCFC to MA but not at a knockdown price?

Just thinking that if DK had really wanted to buy Arena he would have gone with the right LC / proof of funds and a solid business plan. Surely one could have been knocked up quickly. Was this a charade to not buy the Arena but show that we have a few quid - “so don’t bully us Mike”?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: zuni

Bad Boy

Apr 13, 2012
Yes please, can any of our learned forumites explain to the likes of me (a retired thick telephone engineer) where we're at because I ain't got a clue.

Reactions: SkyBlueSam01

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
I think you’ve hit upon something with the running out of cash point.

If Joy knew that CCFC could be “aggressively taken over / distressed” by MA who was clearly going to buy the Arena and then (according to Twitter Piggy and credible posters on here) fully try to buy CCFC then admitting you are skint isn’t sensible.

Not being able to afford HMRC bills and panic selling Hyam means “we is skint”

By having a bouffant “wealthy new owner with 25 mil in hand” it may give the impression of “we don’t need to sell cheap”

Thoughts?
What's your valuation now?
£30-£40M or £60+M??

Skyblueweeman

Dec 7, 2011
Portsmouth
You don't find the timing at all coincidental? Even if he's genuine, it's a helluva time to take over!

Yeah, that's the thing. As @skybluetony176 says, if the 'takeover' would've happened much more earlier than 24hrs before the Arena purchase deadline, he would have more credence.

He would've known the deadlines - why leave it to the last minute with a lesser chance of success??

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
What's your valuation now?
£30-£40M or £60+M??
Still the same:

£40-£50m for squad / goodwill / golden share but SISU need £60m to balance books.

DK has absorbed £50m debt to his portfolio, will service debt on it, the 15% represents the £5-10m that SISU will keep on their books - maybe wasn’t client funded.

Just speculation, which I why I ask for the opinion of others.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Yeah, that's the thing. As @skybluetony176 says, if the 'takeover' would've happened much more earlier than 24hrs before the Arena purchase deadline, he would have more credence.

He would've known the deadlines - why leave it to the last minute with a lesser chance of success??

He’s a Sisu associate I assume his even worse hedge fund than Sisu is prepared to swallow some of the Avro fund

the Colemans own St Helens rugby league club together they must be brothers

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Still the same:

£40-£50m for squad / goodwill / golden share but SISU need £60m to balance books.

DK has absorbed £50m debt to his portfolio, will service debt on it, the 15% represents the £5-10m that SISU will keep on their books - maybe wasn’t client funded.

Just speculation, which I why I ask for the opinion of others.

utterly ridiculous

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
DK’s key line “I’m a trader, if MA want to sell on to me what they’ve just purchased for a quick profit I’m here to talk”

Also means (I suggest)

“I’m a trader, if MA wants to buy from me what I’ve just purchased for a quick profit (?!?) I’m here to talk”

Malaka

Jan 23, 2014
Coventry
This idea that Ashley needs to buy the stadium to sway council opinion on planning permission for a major economic development elsewhere in, in the current economic environment, is just nonsense.

He's bought the stadium because he wanted to buy the stadium.
And build a hotel on Car Park C

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
Maybe total red herring but what happened to Ray’s ProZone which was absorbed into CCFC valued at £6-£7m back in day?

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
He’s a Sisu associate I assume his even worse hedge fund than Sisu is prepared to swallow some of the Avro fund

the Colemans own St Helens rugby league club together they must be brothers

It's weird, he has literally said it's his brother and how they are linked but you are posting it a day later.

Samo

Jul 6, 2012

There have been obscure references to investment for some time now, including a few remarks made by MR. It fits with the Times article too. It is a shame it couldn't have been done sooner but I suppose it makes sense that they would get it over the line in time for a cheeky pitch for the stadium.

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
No one knows. I have a contact at the EFL so I've mailed him and asked if he knows how long it takes. Will post if I get a response.
As long as it takes them to snort cocaine off a dwarf, engage in carnal delights with a lady of the night, and finish their Sainsbury's Club Sandwich, I'd reckon.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
There have been obscure references to investment for some time now, including a few remarks made by MR. It fits with the Times article too. It is a shame it couldn't have been done sooner but I suppose it makes sense that they would get it over the line in time for a cheeky pitch for the stadium.
A cheeky pitch that was never going to run?

Users who are viewing this thread