Doug King Takeover (2 Viewers)

MalcSB

That’s how I see it. Absorption of the debts that SISU have ascribed to CCFC into his portfolio. Possibly then using own funds to clear HMRC.

OSB / @MalcSB is that how you see it?

I would take a simple view. Who is buying the stake, is it DK or his company? Everybody says it is MA who has bought the arena, but it is actually House of Fraser. Who was the over whelming majority of the football clubs debt owed to? Sisu - in years of added interest on a relatively small amount of initial investment.

I don’t see it as needing to be any more complicated than DK or his company paying Sisu a sum of money sufficient to erase the “internal” debt, or 85% of it, in return for an 85% share of the football club. Sisu hang on to 15% so they can get some reward if the club ever gets to the Premiership. Sisu’s investors get some money back now, the club doesn’t continually paying interest on debt predominantly made up of previous years interest. Wouldn’t that alone improve their on paper financial position?

DK or his company will want a return on the investment which would be pretty significant if we get to the PL. That’s what any business would want. There are some non tangible benefits of being associated with a well performing football club.

I will probably get shot down in flames for being simplistic, but I genuinely don’t things always have to be over complicated or conspiratorial.

slowpoke

I wonder how much media work he has done before - it’s not easy. I didn’t see any problems with what he said, or the way he delivered it. Give the guy a break and the benefit of the doubt. We all wanted Sisu to sell, which on the face of it they have done, and still we aren’t satisfied. Who were we hoping for, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk?
Well Bezos is giving away most of his £250 billion so you never know.

slowpoke

I would take a simple view. Who is buying the stake, is it DK or his company? Everybody says it is MA who has bought the arena, but it is actually House of Fraser. Who was the over whelming majority of the football clubs debt owed to? Sisu - in years of added interest on a relatively small amount of initial investment.

I don’t see it as needing to be any more complicated than DK or his company paying Sisu a sum of money sufficient to erase the “internal” debt, or 85% of it, in return for an 85% share of the football club. Sisu hang on to 15% so they can get some reward if the club ever gets to the Premiership. Sisu’s investors get some money back now, the club doesn’t continually paying interest on debt predominantly made up of previous years interest. Wouldn’t that alone improve their on paper financial position?

DK or his company will want a return on the investment which would be pretty significant if we get to the PL. That’s what any business would want. There are some non tangible benefits of being associated with a well performing football club.

I will probably get shot down in flames for being simplistic, but I genuinely don’t things always have to be over complicated or conspiratorial.
They do say though the quickest way to become a millionaire is for a multi-millionaire to buy a football club.

MalcSB

They do say though the quickest way to become a millionaire is to buy a football club for a few million.
Michael Knighton would have made a fortune if he could have completed his Man Utd buyout, so there could be exceptions to the rule. All a question of timing.

Covkid1968#

Stop that now… you will scare off all the creative conspiracy theorists!!!

hill83

I’m not celebrating this yet. Need to see more first. But equally I’m not instantly going straight into “he’s Sisu” etc.
Lets see what happens, it’s Groundhog Day on here, same thing on every conceivable topic.

If I was going to stick my neck out though, the EFL won’t approve the bid and he’ll skip off into the night, hair flowing.

mark82

I’m not celebrating this yet. Need to see more first. But equally I’m not instantly going straight into “he’s Sisu” etc.
Lets see what happens, it’s Groundhog Day on here, same thing on every conceivable topic.

If I was going to stick my neck out though, the EFL won’t approve the bid and he’ll skip off into the night, hair flowing.
EFL will approve. Not sure what grounds they could reject on.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

For the attention of Doug King .Thanks for the takeover . There are a few things i would like to see happen one is far better marketing of the club starting from the shop (always shortages ). The advertising of games would help bet nine out ten people living in Coventry could not tell you when the next home game is.There are two big boards either side of the r/o one electronic by the ground and one Wasps used to use on the otherside not once have i ever seen an advert in all the time Sisu have been here.
The second is get rid of the insane gap between the two group of supporters and make the great atmospere even better.Third reduce the price of the A grade games we are in the championship we don't have M U or the Pool rolling up so why charge £33 for Bristol City.
Why not if possible offer a deal for the two Christmas games for £50? Let get the CBS rocking even more.

Nick

Administrator
For the attention of Doug King .Thanks for the takeover . There are a few things i would like to see happen one is far better marketing of the club starting from the shop (always shortages ). The advertising of games would help bet nine out ten people living in Coventry could not tell you when the next home game is.There are two big boards either side of the r/o one electronic by the ground and one Wasps used to use on the otherside not once have i ever seen an advert in all the time Sisu have been here.
The second is get rid of the insane gap between the two group of supporters and make the great atmospere even better.Third reduce the price of the A grade games we are in the championship we don't have M U or the Pool rolling up so why charge £33 for Bristol City.
Why not if possible offer a deal for the two Christmas games for £50? Let get the CBS rocking even more.

Wrong, there has been an advert,.

Speedies_Chips

Did you write that in the belief that he is going to read it or are you just using this thread to tell us what you'd like to see happen?

Hobo

Sisu have sold to Sisu, at least Joy knew to keep her nose out of the playing side, i get the impression this guy is gong to be far too involved.
He will be the only one allowed to text for a sub 😂

shmmeee

Being heavily involved in recruitment latest article In cet

fine line that is

leave that to badlan and MR

Not read the CT article but the ITV interview it sounded more like he was saying that’s something we do well so hopefully he’ll let them crack on and just have an interest as an “analytics guy”

Users who are viewing this thread