Doug King Takeover (3 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Is that long enough to draw any real conclusions at all?

Half hour of his time and Clive Eakin would have gone too him for the interview.

ceetee

Are you two for real??
Well I'm real. I can't vouch for Grendel.

My comment was perfectly reasonable responding to a post that said our two new loanees were unproven and another that responded pointing out that one had played 20 championship games.this season. That's more than Kane, Dabo. And Eccles have each played this season.

QED

Sky Blue Pete

Well I'm real. I can't vouch for Grendel.

My comment was perfectly reasonable responding to a post that said our two new loanees were unproven and another that responded pointing out that one had played 20 championship games.this season. That's more than Kane, Dabo. And Eccles have each played this season.

QED
Don’t know how I quoted yours sorry

Grendel

I am. Why do you have to suck any positivity out of everything

How am I remotely negative here. It’s not exciting is it we have 2 loans paid for by shipping 2 others out

Old Warwickshire lad

What’s the problem? The opportunity to get rid of two high earners we didn’t want arose, and we took it.
I am sure there would have been a lot of moaning,if we missed the chance and got stuck with them.
Robins has said he has been working hard all week,to get a central defender in.
Obviously it’s not as easy the experts on here think.
Give em a chance eh. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Grendel

rexo87

How am I remotely negative here. It’s not exciting is it we have 2 loans paid for by shipping 2 others out
2 promising loans for 2 shite championship footballers. Saving ourselves thousands in wages - it's not negative

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

mmttww

Does someone need to point out both Kane and Waghorn are out of contract in the summer? Makes the argument about replacing them with loans until the same point in time totally redundant, no? It's just replacing two players who've been next to useless, esp. this season, with (hopefully) some pace where we desperately need it.

SkyBlueMatt

I’ve recently decided to genuinely follow the Sky Blues, supporting a club with potential in the championship was the aim. I had a few good options even a couple in League One but here I am.

My reasons.

Obviously… It’s a new chapter. Yes, there’s definitely a Sky Blue bandwagon now. A new owner who’s ambitious is in charge, a lot of upside here. So if we had fandom tiers I’ve entered right on level one, I’ve never suffered with tenured Cov fans and I’ll most likely experience a club that will fight for promotion year on year, or a club that gets promoted and finally fulfills its potential. Time will tell. This could all go down the crapper and Doug King fails BUT…
I finally made my bed, I need to lie in it.

Nothing clicked. Admittedly, I’ve tried following a number clubs in the past, made an extra effort with a few of them but it just didn’t click for me. These things aren’t forced they need to naturally happen.

A club without a home. This attracted me the most I think with Coventry City. I was able to somewhat empathize with this, being a “football fan” with no club to call my own. Different obviously but the longing to belong and settle attracted me. There’s a good book about it too.

One club city. I always liked the idea of a city with one football club. I believe they produce more passionate fans. When a city only has one club, the fans tend to be more dedicated and passionate in my opinion. Might not always be the case but for Cov it definitely is.

Heart decision. In the end it boils down to a “gut” feeling right. You can spew out all the facts on why you should support the uniteds of the world but when you lay your head on that pillow, it’s what you feel that matters most. For some reason supporting Coventry just feels right for me personally. 14th in the championship, bright future, hopefully. PUSB

Welcome aboard, now you need to join a faction. You will be assigned to your group based on the following:

Do you wear shirt and chinos (preferably beige tan)?

or

Do you wear Stone Island, those goggle hat things and like doing fat lines of coke?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Welcome aboard, now you need to join a faction. You will be assigned to your group based on the following:

Do you wear shirt and chinos (preferably beige)?

or

Do you wear Stone Island, those goggle hat things and like doing fat lines of coke?

I don’t recall saying beige was the chino preference. Tan is best

clint van damme

Do you wear shirt and chinos (preferably beige tan)?

or

There's an elite who span both categories but you'll need to establish yourself first before you can even think of being accepted in to them.

SkyBlueMatt

I don’t recall saying beige was the chino preference. Tan is best

Apologies, I've updated my post. Forgive my ignorance, as a non-chino wearer, I was't sure of how specific I needed to be.

I wouldn't wanted to have been there for the Beige Chinos vs Tan Chinos debate, that's trouble I want no part of.

There's an elite who span both categories but you'll need to establish yourself first before you can even think of being accepted in to them.

Such a person exists? I have a ST in asbo corner but don't wear Stone Island, goggles or partake in the fighting powder, they look at me in disgust.

ceetee

I didn't realise that beige chinos were acceptable football wear. I have two pairs in my wardrobe; I'll have to look them out

Users who are viewing this thread