Dreadful January window our downfall (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

James was the mistake if he’s on £10k/week. We’d have been better lumping that in with Györkeres wage and getting someone decent in on loan up front.

clint van damme

He was on £30k a week at Watford. He won't be on that at Forest. Im not saying his wages aren't out of our reach but he won't be earning that at forest. You do realise he was only an example aswell dont you?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

do you think Robins would have gone for a Brighton loanee who didn't set the world alight at Swansea if he had the budget for better?

pusbccfc

Ridiculous we will lose most of our players and just fall away into oblivion

Why would we fall into oblivion?

Also, what is the alternative. Sepella throws 30k a week at 7/8 players like the rest of this division despite very little income either during covid or after it.

pusbccfc

He was on £30k a week at Watford. He won't be on that at Forest. Im not saying his wages aren't out of our reach but he won't be earning that at forest. You do realise he was only an example aswell dont you?

Even if he is on half that, it is still significantly more than anyone in our squad.

speedie87

Gyo literally has less pace than biamou, scary.

Walker was a vast improvement on biamou when came on had some decent moment and held it up better than max, the number of times it’s played up to max and he ends up running 5 yards forward cus he can’t control it and hold off a defender.

Stands upright nearly all the time, bend your legs stick ur arse out back in and shield the ball man, basics

Alkhen

We should have just picked one of the many goalscorers that were readily available. 10 a penny don't you know.

I know right Robins is making this management lark look complicated
The striker who can’t get in ahead of an injured max ?

That is Robins call. Max has been playing well recently.

Had this argument with you elsewhere, you are full of criticism but offer no solutions.

Who within our budget should we have brought in?

Who was better on paper than what we got? Gyo is an international striker who already knows someone in our squad so will settle quicker.

Last edited:

Grendel

Even if he is on half that, it is still significantly more than anyone in our squad.

Not if the rumours about James are true

SBT

Never mind the January window - it was the summer window that’s held us back. As I said before, we spent the entire pre-season trying to get the L1 band back together, at the expense of actually building on that team, or acquiring players capable of standing out or making a regular difference in this division. It may well be enough to keep us up, but clearly we never had any aspirations beyond a relegation fight.

Frostie

He is, or very close to.
It's the norm for clubs like Forest. Knockaert etc are on even more.

Grendel

Grendel

He is, or very close to.
It's the norm for clubs like Forest. Knockaert etc are on even more.

How long is his contract at forest?

Grendel

£340k

for champ survival seems a bargain...we just didn’t gamble it might end up costing us

it’s not even a gamble

cc84cov

it’s not even a gamble
Proven at this level costs - Forest will stay up question is will we ? walker gets injured it’s over 🤷🏻‍♂️ I was hopeful soon as the window closed I predicted we will go and I stand by it Wycombe Wednesday Coventry

Grendel

Johhny Blue

Proven at this level costs - Forest will stay up question is will we ? walker gets injured it’s over 🤷🏻‍♂️ I was hopeful soon as the window closed I predicted we will go and I stand by it Wycombe Wednesday Coventry
The only fans that will agree with you are Birmingham’s

Grendel

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our transfer business this season:

I have gone through the players and given my own verdict (I am sure people will agree/disagree at their own will which is fine). A tick has gone to a player who I think has made a positive impact on the first team following promotion. A cross for a player who has not. I have also added a strike for a player who I think the jury is still out on. My findings are a bit worrying.

✅ Gustavo Hamer - Very good signing.

✅ Callum O'Hare - Clearly has a lot of talent and works very hard. Probably one of our best players when it clicks, but some serious questions over his final product. Considering we are looking almost entirely at him to make something happen, it is worrying.

✅ Leo Östigard - At times he has been incredible, but considering how many headers he wins, he should have scored many more goals. Definitely a lot of potential with him.

✅ Matty James - Looks good. In the game against Watford he was impressive.

❓ Julien Da Costa - Been a complete sick note to be honest. Has shown some real quality in the last 3 games, but it is already mid-February.

❓ Viktor Gyökeres - We have been in dire need of a striker. We sign this guy, and it is hard to have an opinion. Robins isn't really playing him. What is the point? An injured Biamou is playing ahead of him.

❓ Tyler Walker - Looked good in spells, but I think the jury is still very much out. Been injured a lot (yes, I know catching Covid etc isn't necessarily his fault), but it is hard for me to rate a player who we haven't seen an awful lot of still.

❓ Ben Sheaf - Looked good in spells, also has had a lot of mistakes in him. Again, jury is probably still out.

❌ Ryan Giles - Bad signing. Didn't get used at all, even when McCallum was the worst player on the pitch. Ended up being recalled and has scored two goals for a relegation rival.

❌ Sam McCallum - He is very young still, but I have not been very impressed at all. Been a weak link a lot of the time.

❌ Josh Reid - Not signed for the first team really.

❌ Marcel Hilßner - Had some illness with his lungs, but then was loaned to League 2. Robins has said he isn't sure he is up to the level required. Why sign him then?

❌ Fabio Tavares - Not signed for the first team really.

❌ Lee Camp - Didn't play once.

You then have Gervane Kastaneer from last season who has been a flop. Jobello who is back from injury and not playing (not sure why). Josh Eccles has been recalled from playing regular football only to rot in the under 23s.

As I said, I know not everyone will agree with what I have said, but even if I was to be only slightly wrong, that ratio still looks worrying to me. I think some serious questions need asking.

Users who are viewing this thread