Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (5 Viewers)

pusbccfc

20230708_123128.jpg

A slight copy on the shite Man City version of 'spending money on drugs and city'

This is the one. What a song

steve cooper

Thing is how many potential signings will now look at us and think they mean business.
Kudos to Doug , start with a marquee signing and the club suddenly looks more attractive
Yes, previously very few people outside Coventry thought of us as promotion contenders, now we're being looked on as genuine contenders due to last season's efforts if not this coming season, then maybe in the near future.

shmmeee

2 rwbs
3 cbs
1 striker

Would be enough to give us a good squad?

Obviously a few more would be very welcome!

3 CBs would be a risk with one being Fadz. Likely to have no cover for fair periods. Think we need two more strikers in and probably an AM to cover while O’Hare gets up to fitness. Ideally a GK and CM too.

covcity4life

3 CBs would be a risk with one being Fadz. Likely to have no cover for fair periods. Think we need two more strikers in and probably an AM to cover while O’Hare gets up to fitness. Ideally a GK and CM too.
No 3 incoming CBS giving us 4 including fadz. Bidwell makeshift 5th

Would like a AM as o hare out till December. Sakamoto may fit the bill.

shmmeee

No 3 incoming CBS giving us 4 including fadz. Bidwell makeshift 5th

Would like a AM as o hare out till December. Sakamoto may fit the bill.

Yeah and we play three at the back so when Fadz is inevitably out we have no cover, Bidwell isn’t a solution. We lost four CBs we need four in.

shmmeee

I'm talking bare minimum 6 players in

Would love 11 like Pete says but I doubt it.

We had a small squad last year and got rid of what? 11? I’m really not sure about a first team squad of 23 when that includes the likes of Burroughs and Howley as well as Tavares and O’Hare, plus a year older Fadz and Kelly. You’re only 3 injuries in the squad away from kids on the bench. 8 minimum for me, ideally 12/13.

covcity4life

We had a small squad last year and got rid of what? 11? I’m really not sure about a first team squad of 23 when that includes the likes of Burroughs and Howley as well as Tavares and O’Hare, plus a year older Fadz and Kelly. You’re only 3 injuries in the squad away from kids on the bench. 8 minimum for me, ideally 12/13.
Regardless let's get 6 in asap then hopefully more.

alexccfc99

You have to laugh at Sunderland fans on twitter saying we’ve had our pants pulled down when they’d have happily had him back a few weeks ago :LOL:

stay_up_skyblues

It’s a bit odd that every player must have their own song and people spend a lot of time thinking what song works with their name I’m not gunna lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post-match at Boro when each player stepped up to dance to their individual song was the single greatest example of connection between the team and SBA I’ve experienced in 25 years of following them.

Infinitely better than …… and it’s “insert team here“ “insert team here” FC, they’re by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen 🤮

mmttww

It’s a bit odd that every player must have their own song and people spend a lot of time thinking what song works with their name I’m not gunna lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a strange take, esp. as I bet you join in with every one of them. All the songs is part of what's led to people buying season tickets in record numbers. Hope it keeps going.

SIR ERNIE

I'd like to see us spend on a wingback and a centre back TBH. Get Cameron Archer in on loan to partner Simms. 40 goals between them, who cares if our midfield doesn't score.

Wow yes, Archer on loan would be a serious statement of intent. He's probably done too well with the England U21s though and will likely be a part of the Villa squad this season.

shmmeee

Wow yes, Archer on loan would be a serious statement of intent. He's probably done too well with the England U21s though and will likely be a part of the Villa squad this season.

Yeah just read some of the opinion after his U21 performances and it does look like he’ll be staying at Villa.

Travs

I can't really get behind singing about individual players.... never have, never will.

Nothing against those that do.... but it isn't for me.

Travs

I've always been one for singing for the team/club.

But hero-worshipping individual players has never been one for me. They come and go.

Users who are viewing this thread