'Enjoyed' Eakin & Fosters Spat today! (1 Viewer)

Otis

Nowt gets my goat more than ....

People on the phone-in saying we played "really well today. I listened to the game on the radio."

:facepalm::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

ICHAN

We play great football, blah bllah blah, fuck nice football just get some results the nice football not's getting us any points.

Otis

Agree, but why oh why would you go on air to talk about what happened and how we played in a game you didn't go to?

mexico88

Agreed.

And for me, those who think that it's OK getting rid of your only goal scorer because we can "use the money to get one or two more loan signings". They seem to forget that we are in this situation because of selling players off.

ICHAN

To hear your own voice, and agree how can he say we played well, he even admitted he only listens on the radio.

mexico88

I'm a ST holder and I haven't seen us play well for 90 minutes all season - so how cwr team can say we keep playing well but losing is utter tripe.

Let's be clear here- playing well only for part of a game IS NOT PLAYING WELL

You don't become world pool champion by potting the first 4 balls well and missing the rest!

Otis

Well, based on what I heard on CWR today during commentary, I took a great dislike to Clive Eakin's tie.

Also Stuart Linnell's socks sounded far too loud.

Covstu

I'm a ST holder and I haven't seen us play well for 90 minutes all season - so how cwr team can say we keep playing well but losing is utter tripe.

Let's be clear here- playing well only for part of a game IS NOT PLAYING WELL

You don't become world pool champion by potting the first 4 balls well and missing the rest!

potting one would be nice at the moment!!!!

CCFC123

anyone hear them have a little tiff in the first half today over some advantage being played in the game.

Allways though Foster gets niggled by Eakin when he plays down an incident that CCFC dont benefit from in the game.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Clive Eakin CWR...is it just me?

I am finding it more and more difficult to listen to him as each week passes... it isn't what he says necessarily, although I do wish he would take a more 'fans eye' approach rather than the devils advocate chair within which he so often sits... but the way that he says and presents it.. tonight after the game he remonstrated quite forcibly with at least 2 callers(and I only heard the last 3!!) along the lines of wanting to finish HIS point... now check me if I am wrong but he has hours and hours and hours of air time every week to get "his point" over. I believe that the phone in should be about the supporters, not his view?

Grendel

I think he presents the show well. Give me him over the sanctimonious creep linnell anytime.

Colonel Mustard

It is probably worth clarifying that Eakin is no longer the presenter on matchdays - that would be Stuart Linnell. As such, I think a stronger case can be made against Stuart's interference as he ought to be more of a moderator/interviewer.

Eakin's post-match role is now effectively that of a pundit, and he should call it as he sees it. If they all wore the fan goggles then it would make for an even more boring show, not to mention having a hand in spreading untruths.

As a broadcaster he stutters and pauses too much, and can be irascible. But generally he is fair, and if people call in with a decent argument, proper facts, and thoughtful questions, then he will give due respect.

CCFC123

Him and Foster had a bit of a fall out on air today over the advantage rule played when city had the ball and play was allowed to continue..... the spat went on for a good 10 seconds live on air. There's no doubt that Foster gets irritated by Eakin and off air the two would have a right row if allowed.

Otis

One thing that especially annoys me these days are Geoff Foster's post match interviews with Thorn. They are all so appeasing, non-confrontational to the point of being sycophantic and never seem to ask any searching questions.

Straight out of the box today Foster came out with how much possession the team had, had and pretty much put the words into AT's mouth.

You expect a reporter or journalist to ask probing questions and try and ascertain as much info as possible not just go all tender on the man and be overly sympathetic.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Him and Foster had a bit of a fall out on air today over the advantage rule played when city had the ball and play was allowed to continue..... the spat went on for a good 10 seconds live on air. There's no doubt that Foster gets irritated by Eakin and off air the two would have a right row if allowed.
That was funny, one was saying there is no advantage to be played if he is going backwards with the ball and the other was saying he done the right thing let the play run to see if there was an advantage to be played and then pulled it back.

Sutty

He's absolutely right though. You cannot be offside from a goal-kick.

EDIT: The post I was referring to has gone it seems!

Grendel

Eakin is I think a qualified professional referee.

Foster is a Coventry Fan.

Pigeon

He deals with the callers well, some need cutting off. The only thing that annoys me in the constant traffic and travel update, sometimes they go to travel and there is nothing to report and traffic is moving really well which is so irritating

Paxman II

Does anyone remember that guy back in the day on BRMB? can't think of his name but he was brilliant at times - took a no nonsense approach from callers and told them where to go! he had his opinion and if he did not agree with you he told you straight. he did not allow a caller to waffle on senselessly about something they clearly had no idea about.

Who was that guy?

dadgad

The media situation in general is dire. CWR lacks character and incisiveness, the CET is bumbling and inept.
The current predicament of the club and its vital role within the community spells disaster for the City.
Their inability to expose the scandals over the past fifteen years has contributed to the mess. Their failure to engage with the initiative of SOC
demonstrates quite clearly how inept they are. Basically, they lack vision and energy......two vital ingredients for any media outlet.

ohitsaidwalker king power

The media situation in general is dire. CWR lacks character and incisiveness, the CET is bumbling and inept.
The current predicament of the club and its vital role within the community spells disaster for the City.
Their inability to expose the scandals over the past fifteen years has contributed to the mess. Their failure to engage with the initiative of SOC
demonstrates quite clearly how inept they are. Basically, they lack vision and energy......two vital ingredients for any media outlet.

Absolutely agree re the CT... They are not great re freedom of speech either... I have been very critical of them over on ICCOVENTRY, as a consequence I now find myself banned... ?

One thing that especially annoys me these days are Geoff Foster's post match interviews with Thorn. They are all so appeasing, non-confrontational to the point of being sycophantic and never seem to ask any searching questions.

Straight out of the box today Foster came out with how much possession the team had, had and pretty much put the words into AT's mouth.

You expect a reporter or journalist to ask probing questions and try and ascertain as much info as possible not just go all tender on the man and be overly sympathetic.

I also like the comments each week about "getting the answers" "we will find the truth" and then we get a question like "why did you lose that game today" WTF

Evil Monkey

Living down in the Cotswolds I don't get to listen to CWR but I was up in Cov yesterday and had the radio on. Eakin was bloody awful, as he always used to be - in his first sentence yesterday he welcomed listeners to the Ricoh! Listening to the phone in on the way home he was just as bad. He was very easily flustered and it seemed every comment started with I I I I I er er I I ....it was like listening to someone trying to start a car. Useless.

Last edited:

Tankie

Good...Errrr...um.After..errNoon, and errr aghh welcome..errr to the ummm Ricoh.
Yes I heard it myself, it makes me want to pick up the radio and give it a good shaking.
Clive the opologist Eaken, walks on egg shells, and will not agree with any anti sisu comments, I much prefer Geoff Foster, he's not afraid to tell the truth, and is a coventry minded Broadcaster, for coventry Fans, on the other hand clive Eakin, Sits firmly on the fence, and is afraid to offend the owners, The worst Coventry, Radio Broadcaster we've ever had.
For Gods Sake, "Man up" get off the fence and report the Mo,Fu facts.

Grendel

I don't mind foster he's a nice guy but he is far too biased. Listening to him which I only do in away games you would think we are top of the league. Some objectivity is needed to get a balance. Format of show has declined since linnell returned to front it. Foster also is a poor interviewer he sounds like thorns best mate chatting to him in the pub.

Users who are viewing this thread