Transfer Rumour Ephron Mason-Clark (3 Viewers)

Manchester_sky_blue

Have never heard of that kind of thing before.

The player is theirs until the end of the season. It has cost them 750k to keep him. They would be mad to risk him if he is carrying a knock. It equates to 50k a game for a League 1 side.
He will want to play and do well. He has too really because he's got the rest of this season to show MR that he deserves to be starting for us next season. To do that he's got to prove he's better or offers something we don't already have. If we do manage to get promoted then he's got an even bigger hill to climb.

Astute

If they don’t make the playoffs and we do could in play in ours?
No. Can't be done even if we registered him on time. Wouldn't have thought we registered him as we haven't even paid for him yet.

But even if we had there us a time limit for recalling loans. Can't finish a season for one side then get called back for the playoffs. The players season ends with the team they have been playing for.

chiefdave

You said injury.
The point I was trying to make was we’ve had players who, for whatever reason, have been unavailable for games and it’s commonplace for players to return to parent clubs if they’re injured.

But what if it’s just a knock and it’s 50/50 if he plays and if he does there’s potential for more damage. Do we asses him, do we get any say?

We’ve also had players in the past where there’s been an assumption from some on here that part of the deal is they have to play but that’s always seemed to be more rumour than fact

hamertime

No. Can't be done even if we registered him on time. Wouldn't have thought we registered him as we haven't even paid for him yet.

But even if we had there us a time limit for recalling loans. Can't finish a season for one side then get called back for the playoffs. The players season ends with the team they have been playing for.
Thanks for that, I’m just clutching at straws over this.

Manchester_sky_blue

We can't register any more players in our squad until the summer transfer window opens. Regardless of whether we recalled him or playoffs etc etc, none of that makes any difference. He won't be able to play for us until next season.

Astute

The point I was trying to make was we’ve had players who, for whatever reason, have been unavailable for games and it’s commonplace for players to return to parent clubs if they’re injured.

But what if it’s just a knock and it’s 50/50 if he plays and if he does there’s potential for more damage. Do we asses him, do we get any say?

We’ve also had players in the past where there’s been an assumption from some on here that part of the deal is they have to play but that’s always seemed to be more rumour than fact
Like I said it is costing them 50k a game to keep him. Why would they risk him?

And we haven't even paid for him yet.

Astute

We can't register any more players in our squad until the summer transfer window opens. Regardless of whether we recalled him or playoffs etc etc, none of that makes any difference. He won't be able to play for us until next season.
I know 😂

Grendel

Like I said it is costing them 50k a game to keep him. Why would they risk him?

And we haven't even paid for him yet.

It isn’t actually costing them anything

mmttww

Quoted the wrong post 😅

Delete Old Man GIF

hamertime

How do we know he wasn’t registered, then loaned out? Don’t bother responding because at least i have hope then.

Last edited:

Grendel

So accepting 750k less to keep him for the rest of the season isn't costing them anything?

What a bloody idiot.

They aren’t paying any money - it’s ICU The Sequal

Tommo1993

ATM I don’t think it’s a shrewd signing at all. Smacks of a desperate last minute panic buy to have let him go back out on loan. I’d have pulled the plug personally.

Matt smith

ATM I don’t think it’s a shrewd signing at all. Smacks of a desperate last minute panic buy to have let him go back out on loan. I’d have pulled the plug personally.
Even though they contacted them about him a couple weeks before we actually signed him 😂

Grendel

We haven't paid for him yet. We pay for him at the end of the season.

Which proves they aren’t paying £50k a game for him

Alkhen

What are you on about?? The fact we were prepared to loan back shows It's literally the opposite of being desperate. Desperate would be chucking money at anyone to get a player in the door. Mental take

Astute

We had been after him for a fair bit. Their chairman made a promise to their manager that nobody was leaving before the end of the season. We only gave up right at the end.

He is/was their player. We couldn't set the rules. Just like when we sold Gyokeres and Hamer. We were in charge and they had to agree with our terms. We were not in charge just because we're the bigger club.

Tommo1993

What are you on about?? The fact we were prepared to loan back shows It's literally the opposite of being desperate. Desperate would be chucking money at anyone to get a player in the door. Mental take

Need cover in his position, but we’re happy to not have him now.

Nah.

Users who are viewing this thread