Euro Hooligans (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

The Russian media is reporting that their fans were attacked by the English fans, it all depends what side you're on, obviously.

Nick

Administrator
The Russian media is reporting that their fans were attacked by the English fans, it all depends what side you're on, obviously.
The Russian media and Russian authorities are also saying nothing happened in the stadium aren't they? Even though it's on video

Sick Boy

Who's said that?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I said that over the course of the last few days, both sets of fan, police and locals have contributed to the violence and this has been challenged as lazy and inaccurate.

theferret

Yes, of course. The English fans have obviously behaved impeccably since they've arrived.

Quoting the Russian media now? Priceless.

Some England fans have behaved like idiots. But throwing bottles at police in full riot gear is a world away from marauding gangs with iron bars beating up anyone and everyone. Not a single piece of evidence to suggest England fans instigated an attack on anyone. Just a load of fatties who've had too much to drink playing up. And of course they will defend themselves when attacked. People have nearly died. Of the 35 people hospitalised all were English. Not a time to be flippant.

covmark

I said that over the course of the last few days, both sets of fan, police and locals have contributed to the violence and this has been challenged.
No one can condone the throwing of bottles at police, but the last 24 hours it seems as if organised gangs of French and Russian hooligans have been attacking England fans.
I know what I'd do if I had hooligans coming at me. I'd fight back to protect myself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Last night did

It did look from the pictures that the English fans faces were attacking the fists and feet of the Russian's

Sick Boy

Quoting the Russian media now? Priceless.

Some England fans have behaved like idiots. But throwing bottles at police in full riot gear is a world away from marauding gangs with iron bars beating up anyone and everyone. Not a single piece of evidence to suggest England fans instigated an attack on anyone. Just a load of fatties who've had too much to drink playing up. And of course they will defend themselves when attacked. People have nearly died. Of the 35 people hospitalised all were English. Not a time to be flippant.

How is it quoting the Russian media? All I said is that the behaviour of the English fans will have in some way contributed and that a small minority of them will not have behaved well.

Why is it that most other teams can drink, sing songs and follow their country without this happening?

Nick

Administrator
How is it quoting the Russian media? All I said is that the behaviour of the English fans will have in some way contributed and that a small minority of them will not have behaved well.

Why is it that most other teams can drink, sing songs and follow their country without this happening?
Like the polish and northern Irish, who also got attacked?

mark82

From what it seemed last night, locals attacked then ran off. Police then indiscriminately started firing tear gas at England fans. The guy Collymore spoke to from C4 news said there were organised gangs there from around France. Most of those English fans caught up in it were innocent. As he walked around I didn't see evidence of any England fans looking for trouble.

theferret

Like England fans have done all over the world without any notable issues for 18 years? Can't be a coincidence it is in Marseille, or that Russians were involved.

The worst violence is recent times at a major tournament was 4 years ago between Russia and Poland. Four years on this. The whole thing was a toxic mix, and yes some stupid behaviour from England fans, but the escalation yesterday was shocking. Planned, brutal and indiscriminate.

Sick Boy

Like England fans have done all over the world without any notable issues for 18 years? Can't be a coincidence it is in Marseille, or that Russians were involved.

The worst violence is recent times at a major tournament was 4 years ago between Russia and Poland. Four years on this. The whole thing was a toxic mix, and yes some stupid behaviour from England fans, but the escalation yesterday was shocking. Planned, brutal and indiscriminate.

Fair point- the Russian lot are in a different league and are brutal. I was in the Irish end as a child for 'that' friendly in the 90s so am probably biased from the memories. ;)

I've just realised that Russia could end up playing Ukraine- that could be interesting.

tisza

i thought most of what remains of our hooligans are supposed to be tucked up in bed in England with their passports handed in.
what happened to match day bans on alcohol sales that we've seen at other tournaments/ high risk tournaments?
For all the police there how can they can not spot & control a large group of people dressed in black wearing balaclavas?
I had trouble with Marseille police before. Over playing a football tournament about 16 of us (including 5 coloured lads) and managed to fall out with the FN. About 50 of them turned with knives & clubs and attacked us at a campsite disco outside Marseille. About an hour into this the Marseille CRS turned and just weighed into us and let them go.

chiefdave

Police then indiscriminately started firing tear gas at England fans.
Not just the fans, players wifes, girlfriends and kids have been caught up in it as well.
Like England fans have done all over the world without any notable issues for 18 years?
Have seen people from previous host countries saying the same. Asking how come they had tens of thousands of England fans without incident but this has all kicked off.
Don't see the WC in Russia will pass by without serious violence and disorder, stupid decision to award it to them.
Will be like a war between the eastern european countries who seem to be 20-30 years behind with hooliganism. Wouldn't be surprised if there's low numbers of western european supporters in attendance.

Johnnythespider

Not just the fans, players wifes, girlfriends and kids have been caught up in it as well.

Have seen people from previous host countries saying the same. Asking how come they had tens of thousands of England fans without incident but this has all kicked off.

Will be like a war between the eastern european countries who seem to be 20-30 years behind with hooliganism. Wouldn't be surprised if there's low numbers of western european supporters in attendance.
They are 20-30 years behind with everything

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Macca

Any serious thugs from uk are not there. There is a noisy bunch of incouth drunks but nothing for anyone to have a proper scrap with

CJ_covblaze

1. The Russians and Marseille Ultras were animals. Russians were stabbing and hitting innocents sat down eating pizzas. Marseille Ultras were at some points 5-10 on 1.
2. The English that reacted had to. They had no choice. If they hadn't I and many others may not be here to tell you what happened.
3. PSG, Tolouse and Nice ultras were there to fight the locals. They were protecting the English.
4. The police were a disgrace and lost control of their City. Tear gassing innocent local kids and elderly, innocent England player's wives and innocent England fans who were chanting with innocent Russians. Meanwhile a few yards away the guilty Russians were attacking those mentioned in point 2 and England fans were doing the police's job by ensuring the local kids in the vicinity were ok and safe.
5. The paramedics were very low in numbers. There were just two in the Port Area that I could see and took some time to help. Both were having a chat whilst English guys were lying there in pools of blood yards away and myself and other English fans were administering first aid and making sure others were ok. We pointed to one bloke that was out cold with a huge gash in his head. They asked us to bring him to them. Eventually they came over to help.
6. The Russians should be stripped of hosting both the 2018 World Cup and 2020 Euros. Wasn't even a fair vote in the first place. Everyone seems to bang on about Qatar but Russia hosting these tournaments is a much bigger problem.
7. UEFA should share the blame in this. They were warned that Russia v England in Marseille was a bad idea and they ignored expert opinion. Why could they not see it was going to be a problem?
8. The timing of the tear gas being sprayed and the co-ordinated Russian attacks was very suspicious.

Captain Dart

1. The Russians and Marseille Ultras were animals. Russians were stabbing and hitting innocents sat down eating pizzas. Marseille Ultras were at some points 5-10 on 1.
2. The English that reacted had to. They had no choice. If they hadn't I and many others may not be here to tell you what happened.
3. PSG, Tolouse and Nice ultras were there to fight the locals. They were protecting the English.
4. The police were a disgrace and lost control of their City. Tear gassing innocent local kids and elderly, innocent England player's wives and innocent England fans who were chanting with innocent Russians. Meanwhile a few yards away the guilty Russians were attacking those mentioned in point 2 and England fans were doing the police's job by ensuring the local kids in the vicinity were ok and safe.
5. The paramedics were very low in numbers. There were just two in the Port Area that I could see and took some time to help. Both were having a chat whilst English guys were lying there in pools of blood yards away and myself and other English fans were administering first aid and making sure others were ok. We pointed to one bloke that was out cold with a huge gash in his head. They asked us to bring him to them. Eventually they came over to help.
6. The Russians should be stripped of hosting both the 2018 World Cup and 2020 Euros. Wasn't even a fair vote in the first place. Everyone seems to bang on about Qatar but Russia hosting these tournaments is a much bigger problem.
7. UEFA should share the blame in this. They were warned that Russia v England in Marseille was a bad idea and they ignored expert opinion. Why could they not see it was going to be a problem?
8. The timing of the tear gas being sprayed and the co-ordinated Russian attacks was very suspicious.

Keep safe CJ, hope Lens & Saint-Étienne are a lot calmer.

CJ_covblaze

Keep safe CJ, hope Lens & Saint-Étienne are a lot calmer.

Thanks. Just arriving back in Cov. Going back over in Wednesday. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up playing at The Velodrome again before the tournament finishes.

Captain Dart

matesx

Who in their right mind would go to Russia in 2018? The ultras will be ambushing everywhere.

And I pray no one thinks it'll be a good idea to take kids!

Scary indeed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
How are they getting flares and stuff into the ground? That bang was massive towards the end of the game.

Worrying thing is that this is not just a flare; this requires a flare gun!

I'm no expert but would a flare gun not be an imitation / lookalike of a proper gun? If one of them can get in so easily, what's to say a proper gun wouldn't!

Users who are viewing this thread