Euro Hooligans (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I only saw a bit of the interview but kept thinking those flags in the back make me sick.

Stay safe out there CJ

kdrinkell

What's wrong with people kicking those in the head, who already are down. Intent to kill for me.
They were aiming for his head when he quite clearly is not putting up a fight,on a plus note I cannot wait to go the World Cup in Russia :hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Sick Boy

How can France claim to be on high alert?

Maybe the Police are only looking for people with thick belts, large rucksacks or bulging trousers.

They have probably put a lot of the resources into the terror side of things to keep fans safe. Sadly they are probably under-resourced in other areas and a minority are looking to take advantage when there is already something bigger to worry about.

Nick

Administrator
They have probably put a lot of the resources into the terror side of things to keep fans safe. Sadly they are probably under-resourced in other areas and a minority are looking to take advantage when there is already something bigger to worry about.
They can't be doing well on terror if people are getting flare guns and stuff into games.

Gazolba

Nonsense.
More often or not they are blamed with good reason. In fact if anything they are blamed for more than they are responsible for. The media are a joke. I ve seen a bunch of blokes in russian tops goading police described as English, and my favourite, "english thugs battle Russians" which consists of a middle age bloke being punched and kicked by half a dozen young Russians
Read my post again, I said 'blameless' not 'blamed'!

clint van damme

They can't be doing well on terror if people are getting flare guns and stuff into games.

speaking to the wife of a lad I know who's out there yesterday and she said they confiscated his sun block on the way in yet others are getting flares in FFS!

Bumberclart

I was in Marseille in 98 and it seems the French Police have learned nothing. The CRS are more dangerous than some of the Russian hooligans. They are effectively the TA riot squad, who love nothing more than a good dust up. They use teargas as a default method of herding fans, even if they are peaceful. Yes there are some English nobheads out there. but they were provoked in a massive way.

I don't like Adrian Durham, but he's spot on about this one.

Covstu

Some poor Northern Irish lad died this morning in hospital didn't he? He 'fell' apparently but there was lack of further info?

Covstu

I was in Marseille in 98 and it seems the French Police have learned nothing. The CRS are more dangerous than some of the Russian hooligans. They are effectively the TA riot squad, who love nothing more than a good dust up. They use teargas as a default method of herding fans, even if they are peaceful. Yes there are some English nobheads out there. but they were provoked in a massive way.

I don't like Adrian Durham, but he's spot on about this one.
Agree, Durham summed this up perfectly....

Bumberclart

A Russian MP has sent a tweet to the fans telling them to keep up the good work!!!

"I see nothing wrong with football fans fighting. On the contrary, well done to our boys! Keep up the good work!"

Nick

Administrator
A Russian MP has sent a tweet to the fans telling them to keep up the good work!!!

"I see nothing wrong with football fans fighting. On the contrary, well done to our boys! Keep up the good work!"

I think if he isn't sacked within 24 hours FIFA need to take the World Cup off them (they do anyway though)

bringbackrattles

Thanks. Just arriving back in Cov. Going back over in Wednesday. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up playing at The Velodrome again before the tournament finishes.
I clean your grandparents windows down Walsgrave and they told me you were going. Pleased you got back safely. Watch out for those Russians though ! All the best anyway.

chiefdave

There's a video going around on twitter which is claimed to be the Russian Sports Minister applauding and encouraging the Russian fans after the game. If its genuine then he wants sacking as well.

He also claimed after the game that there hadn't been any trouble!

chiefdave

The thing that doesn't seem to be getting a mention in the media is that the potential for trouble given the way they were scheduling and the venues they were placing certain teams into was flagged up a long time ago and ignored.

I don't see how they can then turn round and give the FA a warning!

armybike

Two England fans jailed for two months and three months respectively in Marseille for throwing bottles at police during Euro 2016. Four more face immediate trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36515213

chiefdave

Jailed for two months for throwing a plastic bottle. What a joke. How many of the Russians who were armed and trying to kill people have been sentenced to jail?

chiefdave

An England fan is in a coma with severe brain injuries after being attacked in France ahead of Saturday's Euro 2016 game.

Andrew Bache, from Portsmouth and known as Pepe, is in a critical condition after Russian fans went on the rampage with iron bars in Marseille. His brother said his injuries were no longer life-threatening but could be "life-changing".

Chief Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said Mr Bache had been beaten around the head with Russians armed with iron bars. He said officials had been unable to stop the Russian troublemakers as they had arrived in the city by train.

WTF, if they arrive by train surely its easy. Not like they're sneaking in.

tisza

Jailed for two months for throwing a plastic bottle. What a joke. How many of the Russians who were armed and trying to kill people have been sentenced to jail?
joke is they haven't managed to arrest 1 Russian and supposedly can't find this group before they travel for to the next game.

chiefdave

And in the host country of a future World Cup, Qatar, a Dutch women has been found guilty of having sex outside marriage after being raped.
There's no way Russia or Qatar should be hosting a World Cup.

tisza

And in the host country of a future World Cup, Qatar, a Dutch women has been found guilty of having sex outside marriage after being raped.
sadly not the 1st time this has happened in Qatar.

Nick

Administrator
Two arrested for a pitch invasion I.read earlier.

The police will be too scared

chiefdave

Two arrested for a pitch invasion I.read earlier.
That'll be these two then:
Two Russian nationals were being expelled from the country, French prosecutors said
The police seem to hang back and then just randomly fire in some tear gas. I'm sure for past tournaments they've been specially training on football crowds and had police from various countries in to assist. That doesn't seem to be happening this time.

Johnnythespider

She was obviously asking for it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CCFC Germany

Can't remember such an outbreak of violence during tournament, Germany - Poland surely will be kicking off, too.
Looks like all those fights have been organized or coordinated some how. French Ultras and Eastern Europe firms trying to use the "big stage" ?
Plus nasty East German Neo Nazi mob on the roll there, too.

Captain Dart

Russians only like the odds of 5+ on to one if it were fair numbers or one on one they'd be on their toes.
Given that the majority of England Football fans are XXL shirt wearing middle aged couch potatoes...

tisza

all the pre-tournament media hype was about hardcore Russian hooligan gangs who meet up in even numbers with no weapons etc. and don't take liberties.
There has to be something seriously wrong with a sober bloke who goes out with gumshields, mma gloves & weapons looking for random trouble.
A drunken idiot who throws a plastic bottle is exactly that a drunken idiot - not some sort of psychotic bully.

Users who are viewing this thread