European championships 2020 thread (9 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Telegraph reporting:

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Rice Phillips Shaw
Foden Kane Sterling

Wouldn’t be my team, but this makes sense. We need a better delivery in the box and Trippier offers that. There’s the flexibility to change things up if we do need to chase a goal.

Psychologically, I don’t like it because it seems like we’re adapting our style to play them.

If we win, he’s a genius - that’s the margin.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not me I’m English buddy

I can’t imagine you’d be thrilled if you supported the world champions and they got dumped out by a minnow who last won a knockout game in the 1950s in the next tournament.

Deschamps out?

D

Deleted member 11652

I can’t imagine you’d be thrilled if you supported the world champions and they got dumped out by a minnow who last won a knockout game in the 1950s in the next tournament.

Deschamps out?

I’d be thrilled if I supported the World Champions, yes

stay_up_skyblues

giphy.gif

Happy England Day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ovduk78

I stand by what I said, he is an £89m player and has too many games where he has no influence or can't be bothered. I didn't watch it but I have read that he had a good game but every now and then he does, but more so for France than Man Utd. Reading comments in this thread it seems like he disappeared from the game after his goal which is funny as you seemed to do the same until the game had finished.

stay_up_skyblues

I stand by what I said, he is an £89m player and has too many games where he has no influence or can't be bothered. I didn't watch it but I have read that he had a good game but every now and then he does, but more so for France than Man Utd. Reading comments in this thread it seems like he disappeared from the game after his goal which is funny as you seemed to do the same until the game had finished.

You’re right, he goes missing far too often and should meet his high standards more than once in every four or five games as he does for Utd. But he was quality for the duration last night. Several world class passes. Shame about Mbappe being on the end of them.

Covstu

Pogba was immense yesterday even without the goal. Just seems United don’t play him in the right position as he was also quality for Juve. Some of the passing and through balls were superb. What unfortunately he does bring is an attitude the size of France, he is clearly for a big move out of United at some point so puts himself in the shop window. Bound for Madrid at some stage

Mucca Mad Boys

Pogba was immense yesterday even without the goal. Just seems United don’t play him in the right position as he was also quality for Juve. Some of the passing and through balls were superb. What unfortunately he does bring is an attitude the size of France, he is clearly for a big move out of United at some point so puts himself in the shop window. Bound for Madrid at some stage

He was out of position for Switzerland’s and gave away the ball in his own third in the lead up to Switzerland’s third.

His attacking play was first class yesterday. Defensively... not so much and that’s holding his game back.

Like Roy Keane & Viera said, probably could’ve done with a maturer head at Man U and needs to be more disciplined.

CCFCSteve

So was Xhaka, both poor in the prem though (for top players)

CCFCSteve

Wouldn’t be my team, but this makes sense. We need a better delivery in the box and Trippier offers that. There’s the flexibility to change things up if we do need to chase a goal.

Psychologically, I don’t like it because it seems like we’re adapting our style to play them.

If we win, he’s a genius - that’s the margin.

Even though I’m desperate to see Grealish start, it ain’t happening, so the above team, which is probably what he’ll pick, with either Saka as LWB for Shaw, or Mount for one of the sitters, would do for me. Bit overly cautious as it stands but that’s Southgate.

Plenty on the bench to step in though. Come on England !

Ccfcisparks

Strange, cus I thought he was quite poor yesterday actually.

Great_Expectations

Telegraph reporting:

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Rice Phillips Shaw
Foden Kane Sterling

Sort of understand the thinking in adapting to meet and hopefully supersede their system, but ultimately there’s only three attack minded players in that team, from a squad packed with attacking talent.

It certainly gives him options to change things, but might not quite be the attacking full on start we’d like.

However, I don’t think we should adapt, we’re the superior team and look better on the front foot, especially against a vulnerable German defence.

Anyway, that team could be completely wrong, we don’t know so no point pondering too much. Southgate is methodical so there’ll be reasons behind whatever he does.

Mucca Mad Boys

Even though I’m desperate to see Grealish start, it ain’t happening, so the above team, which is probably what he’ll pick, with either Saka as LWB for Shaw, or Mount for one of the sitters, would do for me. Bit overly cautious as it stands but that’s Southgate.

Plenty on the bench to step in though. Come on England !

Agreed on Mount, he’s proven he can play in that role at Chelsea. I like Saka, but feel like he’s make a good impact sub at LWB or on the wing.

Southgate has left himself open for a lot of stick if we lose tonight with the formation change. But, you’d hope the wingbacks can really drive forward and get balls in the box for Kane and Sterling. Having the pace of Walker to deal with Gnabry isn’t a terrible idea by any stretch.

With 5 subs now, we can fix things up quite significantly, especially if we’re chasing a goal.

COV

the old wembley shouldn't have been noisier than the new wembley with everyone miles away from the pitch then- but it was

Great_Expectations

Saka and Sterling running off Kane works in theory, especially against Hummels.

But it seems wrong that means no Mount, Foden or Grealish!! The latter two especially are match winners.

Users who are viewing this thread