Everyone on the hill for Saturday (2 Viewers)

As dadgad pointed out on another thread, whether you agree with their methods or not, the hillers reflect the viewpoint of the majority of Coventrians who are angry that our club has been taken from its city.

This Sunday will mark the first televised City ‘home’ game in the club’s history so let’s make it an exception.

Now is the time for everyone to show a united front under the spotlight of the cameras and bring some unwanted attention to those responsible (SISU / Football League / Council).

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Sunday pal*

Cheers. Although we could emphasise the point by going on the Saturday! At least we couldn't be accused of trying to get a free view ;)

Nick

Administrator
As dadgad pointed out on another thread, whether you agree with their methods or not, the hillers reflect the viewpoint of the majority of Coventrians who are angry that our club has been taken from its city.

This Saturday will mark the first televised City ‘home’ game in the club’s history so let’s make it an exception.

Now is the time for everyone to show a united front under the spotlight of the cameras and bring some unwanted attention to those responsible (SISU / Football League / Council).

Not being funny but if they share the view point of the majority then why aren't thousands there every week? :D

RoboCCFC90

Is there actually plan now then or we all turn up and sing?

Not being funny but if they share the view point of the majority then why aren't thousands there every week? :D

Because they're lazy.

Ok, I say that tongue in cheek, but it is a good point that you raise. I mean, we are all angry that our club has been taken away aren't we?

matesx

are away attendances significantly higher than they would normally be?

RFC

I'm sorry to say it would be much better if you were all inside Sixfields getting behind the team & the manager and forget the stupid politics & protests IMHO!

dongonzalos

I'm sorry to say it would be much better if you were all inside Sixfields getting behind the team & the manager and forget the stupid politics & protests IMHO!

And if Cov fans fill Sixfields out every second week. I appreciate it will suit you personally as you will have a less pre season friendly atmosphere around you. however how do you think it would help resolve the real issue the club faces?

stupot07

I'm gonna give it a miss and watch us on sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Because they're lazy.

Ok, I say that tongue in cheek, but it is a good point that you raise. I mean, we are all angry that our club has been taken away aren't we?

So if they shared the same view they would be there? I think all fans want the club back, nothing to do with a hill.

dadgad

The point is simple:
All Of Coventry - even people who have zero interest in football - recognise that its football club should play its matches in the city that bears its name.
When the thousands marched through the city streets and demonstrably and peacefully illustrated what we all want the carping minority muttered bollocks like "what a pity this wasn't done sooner" etc. etc. not realising that they were in fact criticising themselves, their own spineless, short sighted stupidity.
With the evidence of that and the fact that SKY cameras will most certainly be there we should unite and make it abundantly clear to all parties that we have a club, ground, and fanbase to be proud of and will do everything in our power to stand together as one.
Pusb

RoboCCFC90

1) Turn up - numbers being the priority.
2) Make as much noise as possible - I'll probably buy a few vuvuzelas myself.

So it's just like any other sunday fixture then?

NorthernWisdom

This Saturday will mark the first televised City ‘home’ game in the club’s history so let’s make it an exception.

yeah FWIW I don't agree that the hill is the right approach, but in the interests of showing a willingness to compromise (and so hoping for the same in return in the future ;) ) I will be there.

As noggin says on another thread, if enough turn up then maybe the going in the ground and walking out can be done. If not, then at least we can voice the 'why the hell are we here?!?' line.

And we can all get behind that whatever our differences... surely?!?

RoboCCFC90

Nope.
Sky will have reporters, it's likely they'll interview before the game.

There should be a larger number on the hill too this week, more noise etc.

I am sorry pusbccfc but I have to say more could and possibly should have been done to organise a better protest IMO.

mds

Sky will have reporters there, thats a scary thought, dont you hate the way the reporter allways picks out the halfwit and his best mate, makes whatever town or City they are in look and sound like a bunch of retards.

Luckily i wont be there, but please be thoughtful and considered if your interveiwed.

simple_simon

An empty stadium would be the ideal protest.
Why not look at things from a more medium or long term point of view for a change?
Your going to be going to Northampton for a lot longer than 7 years if you just sit back and accept the death of our club.

I am on the Hill Sunday.

PUSB

So if they shared the same view they would be there? I think all fans want the club back, nothing to do with a hill.

I think you're deliberately missing the point here.

"Coventry City should be playing their home matches in Coventry"

That is the viewpoint.

We all share that viewpoint.

If you've not stood on the hill at all yet it doesn't mean you have a different viewpoint. You may just believe there is no point to it.

The home match at the weekend is different though because it is being televised. Some who haven't stood on the hill yet (myself included) may see this as an opportunity for a decent protest. If we all pull together it'll be a bit more special "any other Sunday".

I am sorry pusbccfc but I have to say more could and possibly should have been done to organise a better protest IMO.

something was being organised until a bit of bad light was being shone on michaelccfc, very unfairly imo. nobody could agree on the right kind of protest. i would rather the ground was sold out then mass exodus, but i will be on the hill

RoboCCFC90

I hate to say it but the Trust and KCIC, there have been some great ideas from fans, but to my knowledge I have not seen anything of a diffinitive nature posted as the protest action for the game.

NorthernWisdom

I think you're deliberately missing the point here.

"Coventry City should be playing their home matches in Coventry"

That is the viewpoint.

We all share that viewpoint.

If you've not stood on the hill at all yet it doesn't mean you have a different viewpoint. You may just believe there is no point to it.

The home match at the weekend is different though because it is being televised. Some who haven't stood on the hill yet (myself included) may see this as an opportunity for a decent protest. If we all pull together it'll be a bit more special "any other Sunday".

Yup. Much as I hate to agree with you ;) so far the messages sent out are ones of apathy, but it's clearly not true. Everybody who posts here, elsewhere, talks about the club to their mates clearly cares about the club, they just aren't able to show it at the moment for whatever reason.

Joe Elliott's secret lover, Joy Seppala's photographer, John mutton's beer belly... regardless of what you are, who you blame in all this, we can all (surely!) agree that the rightful place for CCFC is in Coventry(!)

yeah FWIW I don't agree that the hill is the right approach, but in the interests of showing a willingness to compromise (and so hoping for the same in return in the future ;) ) I will be there.

As noggin says on another thread, if enough turn up then maybe the going in the ground and walking out can be done. If not, then at least we can voice the 'why the hell are we here?!?' line.

And we can all get behind that whatever our differences... surely?!?

I think boycotting entirely is the safest bet. Glad you're on board!

Users who are viewing this thread