Everyone on the hill for Saturday (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

@richh87

Went on the hill today. Said I would and I wasn't going to back away from that even though it would have been easy to have paid my £16 and watched it all in comfort.

Was a bit dubious but credit to those people who were there. A decent bunch and not the slightest bit of antagonism towards those that go in. Was made to feel welcome and there was no judgement when I said that I had previously been going into games. Criticism towards these people is not warranted, because what they are doing is not easy. They are not there to watch the game for free because you can't see most of it, and it is a cold, wet experience (well today it was) and it is not as though they get much appreciation for what they do. I may not agree with all of them on where blame lies for all this, but they are decent people and CCFC to the core and I respect them totally.

I vowed today would be my last trip to Sixfields. But if I change my mind, I will stand with them again.

Well said Ferret. I loved the hill today, and our big SISU out banner was on TV lots of times. Every bit helps keep the pressure on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

@richh87

I saw so many tweets from fans of different clubs praising fans on the hill for standing in the rain to make a stand about NOPM.

Brilliant, that should shut a few up on here.

Despite being low in numbers today's protest on the hill has been VERY effective.

James Smith

In the pub a couple were talking about how it is silly to design a stadium like that because people will just go and watch for free.

To be fair there was no sound so.couldn't hear anything if something was said to explain.

Count yourself lucky enough to have found a pub showing it, wasn't very popular down south and I couldn't find a pub showing it in my area. Good result though.

Steve.B50

Over 40 police to look after us on the hill today, what a waste of tax payers money, at half time there were more police than fans. They were confrontational, they went through our bags, looking for tennis balls apparently.
Stopped us from doing the fireworks, even though we had been given the ok two days earlier. We were all filmed as its obvious a group of 50 year olds were going to start a riot on top of a hill on a damp Sunday afternoon.

Nice when the couple of Sheffield fans joined when they were 2-0 down, said it looked better fun on the hill and could hear us from other end of ground.
Weather was kind today, not sure if I will go again but must admit I did enjoy being there today and some real characters.
No one was nasty to anyone else, everything was done in fun and with a smile, but not sure my ears will ever be the same again as those horns made my head ring.

stupot07

They're lazy. They aren't actually doing anything are they - or do you think it's hard work?

Bollocks, thanked the post by accident.

Of course they are doing something, they are boycotting and giving NOPM to the club or sisu.

Here you go, in case you missed it earlier in the thread...

se4unesu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluejelly

Over 40 police to look after us on the hill today, what a waste of tax payers money, at half time there were more police than fans. They were confrontational, they went through our bags, looking for tennis balls apparently.
Stopped us from doing the fireworks, even though we had been given the ok two days earlier. We were all filmed as its obvious a group of 50 year olds were going to start a riot on top of a hill on a damp Sunday afternoon.

Nice when the couple of Sheffield fans joined when they were 2-0 down, said it looked better fun on the hill and could hear us from other end of ground.
Weather was kind today, not sure if I will go again but must admit I did enjoy being there today and some real characters.
No one was nasty to anyone else, everything was done in fun and with a smile, but not sure my ears will ever be the same again as those horns made my head ring.

in fairness steve there were posters on this forum a few weeks ago saying about throwing tennis balls in the ground ..setting off flares ..lighting fireworks etc ..the police would have been hammered if this had of happened

Steve.B50

in fairness steve there were posters on this forum a few weeks ago saying about throwing tennis balls in the ground ..setting off flares ..lighting fireworks etc ..the police would have been hammered if this had of happened

True, its obvious they must read these forums.
However, next time those who liaise with the Police might not tell them everything.

@richh87

Bollocks, thanked the post by accident.

Of course they are doing something, they are boycotting and giving NOPM to the club or sisu.

Here you go, in case you missed it earlier in the thread...

se4unesu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Lazy. Could be doing a LOT more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

skybluefred

2078 fans in the ground today---1200 from Sheffield---878 Coventry fans. Augers well for when we get the real bad
weather. Surface water on the pitch after a shower of rain--roll on the wet weather it's doubtful the pitch will cope.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Of course and thats why they were asked so that it could be organised rather than people just throwing them around

torchomatic

I did turn up. I just presumed you were the bloke who said "Eh mate, a quick wrister for a tenner, what do you reckon?"

By the way was at the Ricoh at 7 so had my own one man protest directed to ACL and CCC had a great time I do hope more people such as yourself turn up next time

italiahorse

.... and my rattle ?

first time on the hill today. must admit i was disappointed with numbers although the weather was pants which may have some damage. was a great atmosphere and good that blades fans joined us. nice conga at half time, plenty of deafening noise. no sense of ill feeling to those in the stadium. i wont be a regular there but will turn up again a couple more times.

Astute

Our home gates were down to 10,000 to 12,000 on average last season. Our away following was down to about 1,000. So why didn't the home fans follow our team away? Can't afford it? Can't be bothered.

We now play our home games away. The same number now turn up at Northampton as our usual away support. How many of these can't afford it/can't be bothered but say it is the best way and only way to show their displeasure of the move? How many of the more vocal on here have gone from being STH's to no games at all?

Can't be bothered to go to away games. Can't be bothered to demonstrate. But can be bothered to get on the keyboard and have a go at those that can be bothered.

@richh87

Ok #superfan

Nobody's a superfan, but there are certainly a lot of people who won't get off their arses.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Nobody's a superfan, but there are certainly a lot of people who won't get off their arses.

True. Around 9000.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

stupot07

Because they won't travel to Northampton to stand on a hill?

Last edited:

ajsccfc

These horrible circular arguments suggest that a big motivation is to score points or shut up people on the internet first and foremost. It's awful.

letsallsingtogether

You are a liar two of us were there and two guys waiting for a taxi. If I had made the offer I'm sure you would have accepted.

So which one were you then torch and gendel where were you? same old same old I was there shit rubbish shown your true colours there.

By the way we have an Idea to protest at all the parties concerned at the same time in Coventry (SISU,ACL, CCC are you lot up for it or are we going to get the same shit we always do?

been on the march, at the legends day, seppalas statue unveiling and now on the hill. be interesting to hear your idea, a good one and ill be there

Users who are viewing this thread