Ex Player Watch (9 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

See Callum got booked for preventing a Keepers kick, gets hit by the ball, hits the bar and puts the rebound away.

Right call by the red I say (shame though)

Have watched that a couple of times and for me I'd have let the goal stand and, if anything, been tempted to book the keeper - looked to me like he kicked that at Callum deliberately. Callum didn't do anything wrong imho?!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Have watched that a couple of times and for me I'd have let the goal stand and, if anything, been tempted to book the keeper - looked to me like he kicked that at Callum deliberately. Callum didn't do anything wrong imho?!

He didn't do anything wrong but I think the rules say it's a booking. Bit like when you block a throw in from coming back into play. Remember years back at Highfield Road when Uriah Rennie booked Chippo. Clearly told him just before the throw you can stand on the line, but you can't jump or make contact. Chippo went on to jump and stop it re-entering play so hot a second yellow. Think it's the same with the keepers kicking it out.

All strikers try their luck. Just think Callum has been caught out and red was alert to it.

Woodster

Don't think there's anything wrong with the Wilson goal, ref just bottled it as making the decision he did was the easy option whilst at Cardiff.

ajsccfc

I'm not sure Wilson does a whole lot wrong. It's not really encroachment and he doesn't seem to do anything to get in the way other than be there already, like claiming a punch when you've actually ran into someone's fist.

stupot07

Wilsons not scored from open play in 8 games now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just seen Wilson effort, should have been a goal imo. Wilson is about 3 or 4 yards and isn't even standing directly in the keepers line, he's standing slightly off centre. I don't think he's even trying to block it, probably just making sure the keeper can't roll the ball out/drop the ball at his feet.

299366c347c79ea38c5135c19ab6d2d7.png

Wilson doesn't mover an inch from that screenshot and the keeper just boots the ball at his back

kg82

He didn't do anything wrong but I think the rules say it's a booking. Bit like when you block a throw in from coming back into play. Remember years back at Highfield Road when Uriah Rennie booked Chippo. Clearly told him just before the throw you can stand on the line, but you can't jump or make contact. Chippo went on to jump and stop it re-entering play so hot a second yellow. Think it's the same with the keepers kicking it out.

All strikers try their luck. Just think Callum has been caught out and red was alert to it.

The reason Chippo got booked was because he jumped as the throw-in was taken. So he was deliberately trying to block the ball. Wilson didn't do anything wrong, just stood there. Didn't make any movement towards the man or ball. Goal should've stood for sure, keeper's got away with one there.

stupot07

Just seen Grandison scored after a couple of lollipops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The reason Chippo got booked was because he jumped as the throw-in was taken. So he was deliberately trying to block the ball. Wilson didn't do anything wrong, just stood there. Didn't make any movement towards the man or ball. Goal should've stood for sure, keeper's got away with one there.

After watching it again and seeing the above still, I concede that there is no issue. Goal should have stood. Joys of video replays eh, if only they were available to the officials he may have been able to make amended too :D

kg82

After watching it again and seeing the above still, I concede that there is no issue. Goal should have stood. Joys of video replays eh, if only they were available to the officials he may have been able to make amended too :D

I actually thought it was an easy decision... If he'd been watching! Apparently, he had his back turned.

The Philosopher

I thought Dimi was a good keeper, he has De Zeeuw as his defensive cover with an (at the time massively inexperienced - not so now) 18 y.o. Ben Turner. Couple of bad displays meant early chop. Went on to be capped by Greece.

kg82

He just made an unbelievable save. Then Bournemouth scored a couple minutes later anyway!

Gazolba

Baker scores two for MK Dons in an emphatic 4-1 home victory. When did we last win 4-1 at home

ptr

Gary Madine now joint top goalscorer with a higher division club, albeit with Blackpool and only has 3 goals!

stupot07

Gary Madine now joint top goalscorer with a higher division club, albeit with Blackpool and only has 3 goals!

3 in 9 in the championship isn't bad (15 goal a season)

stupot07

Baker scores two for MK Dons in an emphatic 4-1 home victory. When did we last win 4-1 at home

Carl Baker scored 1, Lewis Baker scored the other. Quality finish from the 19 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread