F1 2023 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Thought I’d get this up and running what with the first car launch being in just over 2 weeks. Haas the only team TBC atm.

3b8e70e25f8627a4af4eecaaa3066a69.jpg

SkyBlueSoul

Ridiculous calendar coming up too with 24 races. Looks like the Ferrari strategy team planned the order too, logistics nightmare

Saddlebrains

23 races now, Chinas been cancelled and they arent replacing it so a month off after the first 3

Cant see Mercedes making a dog 2 seasons in a row so they will be there or thereabouts.

Ferrari will have a quick car again but they're flids with race strategy and management.

Red Bull should start the season strong but can see them getting reeled in mid season due to lack of wind tunnel due to the cost cap

Surprises for me, i can see Alpine and Aston Martin fighting for 4th as best of the rest

Mclaren to be dragged into the midfield lower points end with Alfa, and Haas

Alpha Tauri and Williams to be the stragglers

Driver wise -

Lewis will call it a day and Lando or Leclerc to replace him in 2024 after they get sick of Ferraris shit general set up and McLaren being shit

Perez to be replaced by Danny Ric by Spa if Max wipes the floor with him

George to out qualify but not outrace Lewis

Alonso to show Stroll up and Daddy actually having to sack his son

Looking forward to it, spring on the horizon as soon the cars start being revealed

Paul Anthony

Hopefully a closer season than last ended up. Ferrari think their simulator has them a second faster than last year apparently, but I take that with a pinch of salt. Largely because we've heard that from teams before and they've ended up with egg on their face, and also because, being Ferrari, they've probably programmed the thing wrong...

I suspect there may be drama between Aston and Alonso at some point. Its got all the ingredients of getting spicy, a driver who is famous for not holding back and is still unbelievably motivated even at his age, and a team run by a rich toy boy who isn't afraid to speak his mind either.

Saddlebrains

1675765615545.png

1675765644575.png

1675765679416.png

Whos your fave so far?

Haven't bothered with Red Bull for the obvious reason its been the same for a billion years

Paul Anthony

ccfc1234

Have a few close relatives who love F1 I also can appreciate the skill with the top drivers riding the best cars. However I do feel sorry for the comparative chances of the middle and lower ranked drivers who are working with a inferior car.

For those who are big fans would anyone else like there to be at least a race a season where everyone drives
the same car and we can finally find out who the best drivers are.

Saddlebrains

Agree its usuallt dominated by the top 3 teams, but there is usually a race per season which leads to a surprise winner.

In recent years we Had Ricciardo and Norris Mclaren 1-2, Esteban Ocon and Pierre Gasly winning races too. Always one mad race a year

Paul Anthony

Everyone is so concerned about weight saving these days, it seems bare carbon is becoming the must have on liveries.

Paul Anthony

Mercedes have gone back to black, probably because the bottom half of the car is bare carbon and it blends better than silver.

Saddlebrains

I know you cant read too much into testing blah blah but

Red Bull are miles ahead. Pounding the laps in, reliable, fast, things on rails, low deg, and they dont even look like they're trying

Ferrari. Still seem second fastest but absolutely chews through tyres after a few laps, not good enough to challenge Red Bull

Mercedes - better than last year but its skittish, back end all over the gaff, still seem down in power, could be in a fight with Aston

Aston - seem to have made the biggest gains, a lot quicker, smoother, compliant and reliable

Mclaren - just meh. Cant see them ever going any further forward, they would have done it by now

Alpine - about the same as last year

Alfa Romeo - again, about the same

Williams - seem a lot quicker than last year decent car, should be back in the midfield fight

Alpha Tauri - nothing special but shouldn't be last but one this year

Haas - to me, seems the poorest of the lot, both Hulk and K Mag seem to struggle to stop the thing and get it to turn in

Could be in for another Maxfest of a season by the looks. Boring

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

I know you cant read too much into testing blah blah but

Red Bull are miles ahead. Pounding the laps in, reliable, fast, things on rails, low deg, and they dont even look like they're trying

Ferrari. Still seem second fastest but absolutely chews through tyres after a few laps, not good enough to challenge Red Bull

Mercedes - better than last year but its skittish, back end all over the gaff, still seem down in power, could be in a fight with Aston

Aston - seem to have made the biggest gains, a lot quicker, smoother, compliant and reliable

Mclaren - just meh. Cant see them ever going any further forward, they would have done it by now

Alpine - about the same as last year

Alfa Romeo - again, about the same

Williams - seem a lot quicker than last year decent car, should be back in the midfield fight

Alpha Tauri - nothing special but shouldn't be last but one this year

Haas - to me, seems the poorest of the lot, both Hulk and K Mag seem to struggle to stop the thing and get it to turn in

Could be in for another Maxfest of a season by the looks. Boring

Unfortunately, Max will have this wrapped up long before the last race.

Paul Anthony

Finally!!! They're ditching that monstrosity of a chicane from THE Spanish GP!

Paul Anthony

Never understood why they ever changed it. Great challenge for the drivers at full tilt the last 2 corners

From what I understand it was partly for safety because it's not a massive run off area, which is a bit of a redundant point when you've got tracks like Saudi on the calendar, and partly because some bright spark thought a slow acceleration zone onto the straight would improve overtaking into turn 1. Which was basically also made redundant when DRS became a thing.

Saddlebrains

I think this may well be Lewis last season in F1....

Hamilton: " We are the same as last year around this time, we are if not maybe worse than last year. We are just completely on the wrong path. We are very far away from the guys at the front. There was good progression last year, but the gap then was not as big as it is now."

😳

Paul Anthony

I think this may well be Lewis last season in F1....

Hamilton: " We are the same as last year around this time, we are if not maybe worse than last year. We are just completely on the wrong path. We are very far away from the guys at the front. There was good progression last year, but the gap then was not as big as it is now."

😳

Saw his interview, and he looks so deflated. It wouldn't surprise me if it's his last. I don't see Mercedes coming back any time soon and he's not going to move to another team.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him get his 8th. If nothing else just because I would have like to be able to say I saw Michael set the records, and then saw someone beat them. Although give it another 5/6 years, it'll probably be Max.

Saddlebrains

Mclaren would be totally fucked if it wasnt for Lando. Calling it now, if this Mercedes is as much of a pig as it seems to be, Lewis will call time and Lando will go to Mercedes

Seems Alpha Tauri are the slowest, no surprise considering RB want to get rid. Williams seem to have pushed up into the midfield, Haas and Alfa about as expected, Mclaren deffo 6th fastest.

Alpine are just meh as usual, nothing special but Gasly had a shocker.

Red Bull are clear, cars not even hooked up properly and they're 4 tenths ahead. Ferrari i hope can hit the right set up or this season will be boring.

Hilarious seeing Aston agead of Merc as a customer team. I can see Toto being given the boot

tisza

Calling it now, if this Mercedes is as much of a pig as it seems to be, Lewis will call time and Lando will go to Mercede
Hilarious seeing Aston agead of Merc as a customer team. I can see Toto being given the boot
The swing from Mercedes to Red Bull coincides with so many engineering etc staff moving from Merc to Red Bull. But to go into a new season with a design that nobody else considered just seems desperate. To correct that mistake will take half a season according to Mercedes - that does seem a management issue.
But let's see the first few races to see which teams have actually made cars that can finish races - at least one team will have technical issues that means cars will be retiring. ( Hello Ferrari 😄) plus close attention to Aston Martin - that's a big jump in quali performance but will it translate to finishes?

NorthernWisdom

Don't particularly care for Alonso, but if Aston Martin are even close to disrupting the established order, I'll be cheering them on. A few different winners is only good for F1, especially with it being a bit of a closed shop nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread