F1 2024 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Seems about the right time to get next season's up and running with the first launch dates a couple of weeks away and pre-season testing a month away. Can't see past another Max/Red Bull season but McLaren seem pretty bullish about their development trend carrying on from last season and I'm excited to see how that plays out.

1706007860397.png

1706008395293.png

Not interested in new car reveals at all. The liveries will all be shit just like Mclarens and the cars will all look similar to last year. It was exciting a couple of years back with the reg changes but this year not so much. I can't wait to see someone bring the fight to Max. C'mon the Brits.

Paul Anthony

Seen a report from the Red Bull camp that they've already started work on their 25 car, so confident are they in this year's car.

tisza

Seen a report from the Red Bull camp that they've already started work on their 25 car, so confident are they in this year's car.
So many F1 insiders etc spent last season saying nothing can stop Red Bull until 2026 changes come in. Not encouraged that this season will offer much in terms of challengers.

Paul Anthony

So many F1 insiders etc spent last season saying nothing can stop Red Bull until 2026 changes come in. Not encouraged that this season will offer much in terms of challengers.

Unfortunately I think they're right.

Previously, a steady set of regulations allows for the field to close up quite a bit over a couple of seasons. But the problem is their advantage was just that big, I don't see how anyone can close it down. Not with the cost cap, anyway.

Not like they developed their car all the way through the season either, they've had months of focus on this one already.

Saddlebrains

Cant see anything other than Max getting title 4, but do feel it will be closer

My calls for the season:

Perez gets the boot halfway through
Mclaren, Ferrari and Mercedes all about level and a lot closer to Red Bull, but still not able to do anything about Max

Haas to completely implode and Gene to throw the towel in and leave at season end

Lewis, realising he won't get title 8 to call it a day after this year, along with Alonso when Aston make a pig

Hope Williams continue there revival

Saddlebrains

Both Leclerc and Lando signing lucrative long term deals at Ferrari and Mclaren in the last couple of days

Time will tell if thats a masterstroke or total fuck up

Intriguing though as they were the 2 most linked to Red Bull if Perez goes 🤔

NorthernWisdom

It's where budget caps don't help really. Whoever gets off to the best start is highly likely to stay there for a sustained period, as there's no real way to get back to them. Things like the wind tunnel handicap tweak at the edges I suppose, but don't really go for it.

NorthernWisdom

Both Leclerc and Lando signing lucrative long term deals at Ferrari and Mclaren in the last couple of days

Time will tell if thats a masterstroke or total fuck up

Intriguing though as they were the 2 most linked to Red Bull if Perez goes 🤔
Any self respecting driver with ambitions wouldn't go to a team that's totally set up for the #1 driver though.

I mean tbh I don't quite know who the right choice for Red Bull would be. Perez is just too off it to be worth keeping unless he improves a lot, but there aren't *that* many quick drivers at the lesser teams... unless they fancy giving Albon another go!

(Or maybe Gasly again(!) or Ocon?)

Tsunoda seems to have been indulged, but really needs to show something early this season doesn't he.

Saddlebrains

Any self respecting driver with ambitions wouldn't go to a team that's totally set up for the #1 driver though.

I mean tbh I don't quite know who the right choice for Red Bull would be. Perez is just too off it to be worth keeping unless he improves a lot, but there aren't *that* many quick drivers at the lesser teams... unless they fancy giving Albon another go!

(Or maybe Gasly again(!) or Ocon?)

Tsunoda seems to have been indulged, but really needs to show something early this season doesn't he.

I think they'll go Lawson if Perez goes. They can spend a couple of seasons moulding him then

NorthernWisdom

I think they'll go Lawson if Perez goes. They can spend a couple of seasons moulding him then
Fair shout. Bit sad though (as with Schumacher!) when the best team is basically a one car outfit. At least mcLaren let Senna and Prost race each other, Mercedes with Hamilton and Rosberg too. At least it made it vaguely interesting when one team was so far ahead of the others!

Saddlebrains

Fair shout. Bit sad though (as with Schumacher!) when the best team is basically a one car outfit. At least mcLaren let Senna and Prost race each other, Mercedes with Hamilton and Rosberg too. At least it made it vaguely interesting when one team was so far ahead of the others!

I agree tbh. I love Michael and still think hes the GOAT, but there was barely any challenge from team mates

My hope is Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren get level with Red Bull

Imagine an outright fight between Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Lewis, George, Lando and Piastri

Dont count Checo in there because its painfully obvious he would end up 8th in an 8 car fight

Paul Anthony

Rumours appear to be gathering pace that Lewis is going to Ferrari from next year. Been reported in several media outlets across social media usually means there's some traction behind it.

However, it could also be a cynical ploy by certain F1 figures to distract people from the Andretti situation.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Puts Merc in an interesting position for this season ref: whether to give preferential treatment to Russell, how much you let Hamilton know about 2025's car etc (I guess if he drives you have to let him know what's going down!)

And even, if you were ruthless, stick him on gardening leave?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Ferrari's share price rose by 9% (£7bn) on the news. WHY? Do they think people are going to rush out and buy a new SF90 just because their F1 team have signed an over-the-hill over-rated has-been? I'm baffled! He surely cannot be THAT vital to the brand!

SkyBlueSoul

Ferrari's share price rose by 9% (£7bn) on the news. WHY? Do they think people are going to rush out and buy a new SF90 just because their F1 team have signed an over-the-hill over-rated has-been? I'm baffled! He surely cannot be THAT vital to the brand!
He's probably the most marketable driver on the grid as well as the most successful driver in history. If nothing else they'll sell a shit load of merchandise and see an increase in sponsorship, it's a match made in heaven for the commercial side.

Ronaldo is past his best but any club he signs for sees an immediate increase in merch sales, followers etc.

Paul Anthony

Sainz is unlucky mind. Only teammate to get close to Verstappen, been able to fight with both Norris and Leclerc. Hope he gets a decent gig!

Sainz has long been rumoured to be among the frontrunners for Audi when they come in. Possible he could stick out a year at whatever Sauber are calling themselves these days?

hill83

Again. It’s Hamilton.

SkyBlueSoul

I was in a language school but I just had international friends rather than local friends. Fine, and then I did a foundation course before going to University, at Warwick University. The course was actually at Cov Tech and so I lived in Coventry, at Cannon Park, just at the back of the big Tesco.

Love this interview. The fact he calls it "the big Tesco" really tickled me for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread