F1 2024 (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Amazing drive by Sainz, by rights he probably shouldn't even have been in the car this week, yet he was in total control. Maybe he should have his appendix out more often!

Paul Anthony

See Logan Sargeant has Albon's patched up chassis this weekend, and it's gone well. He crashed it in first practice. The reason? Pushing too hard? Contact with another driver, perhaps? Some kind of mechanic failure? Wouldn't be a big surprise in a car so heavily repaired....

Well, no. According to James Vowles, he simply didn't know where he was on track......

See Logan Sargeant has Albon's patched up chassis this weekend, and it's gone well. He crashed it in first practice. The reason? Pushing too hard? Contact with another driver, perhaps? Some kind of mechanic failure? Wouldn't be a big surprise in a car so heavily repaired....

Well, no. According to James Vowles, he simply didn't know where he was on track......
Watched a replay, simply put two wheels on the grass and lost it. Driver error

Paul Anthony

Watched a replay, simply put two wheels on the grass and lost it. Driver error
Yeah, from the clip I saw he went in too quick to one turn, which caused understeer into the next one.

Should add, reading his own comments on it, it's not quite as bad as Williams made it out to be. Vowles' press release made it sound like he didn't know what corner he was at, I think it's more a case that he just didn't realise where the track edge was. Still not great, though.

SkyBlueSoul

Forgot about the race this weekend with all the Wembley chat. Just watched the sprint quali highlights, well worth it if you haven't seen them. Rain causing chaos!

Can't say I'll be getting up at 4am to watch the sprint tomorrow though, even quail at 8 will be a stretch.

SkyBlueSoul

Well Lando completely fucked the start of that race up, tried fighting Hamilton just a bit too long. The race for 3rd was brilliant for the last few laps.

Paul Anthony

Adrian Newey's leaving Red Bull. Where does he go? Aston Martin have been trying to get him in. Ferrari maybe? He's always said his two regrets are he hasn't worked with Ferrari or Lewis. Now could be his only chance to scratch that itch.

SkyBlueSoul

Adrian Newey's leaving Red Bull. Where does he go? Aston Martin have been trying to get him in. Ferrari maybe? He's always said his two regrets are he hasn't worked with Ferrari or Lewis. Now could be his only chance to scratch that itch.
Oh My God Wow GIF

Probably the most exciting news F1 fans could get. Just had a look and it's interesting that it's apparently down to the Horner situation, looks like a decision on principle with how that's been handled. Surely he goes to Ferrari for the reasons you've mentioned, and they fact they look well set as the 2nd best team atm.

SkyBlueSoul

It makes sense. New regulations in 2026 so a decent chance of Red Bull's dominance ending and him bringing the title back to Ferrari and retiring a hero to the Tifosi.

jordan210

I heard a rumour a while ago about him going to Aston with Alson extending his contract. 2nd part of that has happened.

As he did design the valkyrie

But will be interesting to see where he goes. Maybe he will go to Audi.

SkyBlueSoul

The merry-go-round is in full swing, Hulkenburg signing with Sauber for next season ready for it becoming Audi in 2026. Means one of Bottas and Zhou needs to go.

Paul Anthony

Looks like Stroll Sr is looking to sell 25% of the Aston F1 team too. Probably means he keeps enough control to keep Junior in his seat while securing extra funds.

Users who are viewing this thread