Facebook and Godden (3 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

I'm with you on Pask.
Think he's been very unlucky with injuries, particularly the timing of them coupled with the great form of other CBs.

Hopefully he gets a good run of games at Newport & forges a good career for himself.

In the first team and U23 games I seen he lacks concentration

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, think the decision had already been made on Pask by then.
MR supposedly thought Dabo was a better option at CB than Hyam for the WBA game. 😳
I'd always assumed the latter was fitness related. Pask never particularly let us down when he did play however, so I'm amazed we didn't give him a runout at CB when urgently needed. At the least, it was a chance for him to show other teams what he could do.

Frostie

In the first team and U23 games I seen he lacks concentration

Agreed. My initial opinion that he'd be a regular first teamer was when he first signed, was convinced he'd displace Hyam in time.
Given his sporadic appearances I'm not surprised he's not really imposed himself as he can.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

We've been here before. Remember when Ponticelli was scoring for fun in the U23s and people were desperate for him to be in the 1st team as he was a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker. 4 goals last season for Wrexham in the National League.
Yeah but Ponticelli was the best finisher the club has seen. EVER. Full stop.

skybluesam66

every player comes out of a youth team at some point - some will make it some wont . You have to give them a chance at some point - but slowly slowly. If not now then when ? maybe at the end of the season depending if our season is over before the last game - i think that is how wilson started

Grendel

every player comes out of a youth team at some point - some will make it some wont . You have to give them a chance at some point - but

He might just not be good enough

Bertola

Joy Division

Skyblueweeman

We've been here before. Remember when Ponticelli was scoring for fun in the U23s and people were desperate for him to be in the 1st team as he was a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker. 4 goals last season for Wrexham in the National League.

Doesn't mean the same would happen with Tavares though. Not saying I disagree with you but just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it wouldn't work this time.

Either way, MR knows what he's doing.

Greggs

Thought this was all just Facebook rubbish but turns out it's true. Saw Godden in Boots at Central 6 earlier - while I was grabbing some sudacrem, he was on crutches. Turns out he was at Paintball with Robins and things got a bit tasty with a few of the locals. Stress induced appendicitis apparently. 6 weeks minimum. Gutted.

Tommo1993

Thought this was all just Facebook rubbish but turns out it's true. Saw Godden in Boots at Central 6 earlier - while I was grabbing some sudacrem, he was on crutches. Turns out he was at Paintball with Robins and things got a bit tasty with a few of the locals. Stress induced appendicitis apparently. 6 weeks minimum. Gutted.

Far more interested in the sudocrem thing. Pls tell

clint van damme

Facebook, Local paintballers, stress induced appendicitis - Netflix will be all over this.

Greggs

Far more interested in the sudocrem thing. Pls tell
As you've asked, but i've never really told anyone this. I've suffered from psoriasis for a number of years, no laughing matter. I refuse to use the steroid stuff the doctors prescribe and have spend many years trying to find the right cream for me. Long story short, i make my own formula from a mixture of sudacrem, vasaline, white vinegar and a splash of bovril. I'd run out of sudacrem, hence the trip to Boots at Central 6.

Users who are viewing this thread