Facebook and Godden (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Thought this was all just Facebook rubbish but turns out it's true. Saw Godden in Boots at Central 6 earlier - while I was grabbing some sudacrem, he was on crutches. Turns out he was at Paintball with Robins and things got a bit tasty with a few of the locals. Stress induced appendicitis apparently. 6 weeks minimum. Gutted.
If he could get his boots on, it probably means he's ok to play tomorrow

Terry_dactyl

As you've asked, but i've never really told anyone this. I've suffered from psoriasis for a number of years, no laughing matter. I refuse to use the steroid stuff the doctors prescribe and have spend many years trying to find the right cream for me. Long story short, i make my own formula from a mixture of sudacrem, vasaline, white vinegar and a splash of bovril. I'd run out of sudacrem, hence the trip to Boots at Central 6.
How do you apply that? Or is it something you drink? I’m asking for a friend.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Thought this was all just Facebook rubbish but turns out it's true. Saw Godden in Boots at Central 6 earlier - while I was grabbing some sudacrem, he was on crutches. Turns out he was at Paintball with Robins and things got a bit tasty with a few of the locals. Stress induced appendicitis apparently. 6 weeks minimum. Gutted.

Ironically Callum is a paintball hotshot....always hits the target....Callum o'crosshair they call him..... couldn't make it up

Greggs

How do you apply that? Or is it something you drink? I’m asking for a friend.
Terry, psoriasis isn't a laughing matter, but that made me chuckle. I make mine in 10 litre batches and store them in the fridge in a plastic container. it depends on your mood i suppose, i've been known to accidentally spread some on my toast after mistaking it for pork drippings, seemed to work though and surprisingly didn't taste too bad.

Johnnythespider

As you've asked, but i've never really told anyone this. I've suffered from psoriasis for a number of years, no laughing matter. I refuse to use the steroid stuff the doctors prescribe and have spend many years trying to find the right cream for me. Long story short, i make my own formula from a mixture of sudacrem, vasaline, white vinegar and a splash of bovril. I'd run out of sudacrem, hence the trip to Boots at Central 6.
Well he did ask

robbiethemole

There is no scientific evidence that suggests that stress or emotions are a direct cause of appendicitis. The inflammation of the appendix is primarily caused by an obstruction and bacterial infection.

The established causes of appendicitis are its obstruction and subsequent infection. Obstruction of the appendix can be due to a hard stool mass (fecalith), swollen lymphatics, appendix stone, or severe inflammation and swelling.

Appendix obstruction is often the trigger of appendicitis. Obstruction allows for bacteria and mucus to build up inside the appendix lumen. A rapid inflammation occurs which can lead to abscess formation and rupture of the appendix.

I was a paramedic many years ago so I call BS.

steve cooper

There is no scientific evidence that suggests that stress or emotions are a direct cause of appendicitis. The inflammation of the appendix is primarily caused by an obstruction and bacterial infection.

The established causes of appendicitis are its obstruction and subsequent infection. Obstruction of the appendix can be due to a hard stool mass (fecalith), swollen lymphatics, appendix stone, or severe inflammation and swelling.

Appendix obstruction is often the trigger of appendicitis. Obstruction allows for bacteria and mucus to build up inside the appendix lumen. A rapid inflammation occurs which can lead to abscess formation and rupture of the appendix.

With Greggs it's hard to know what's a wind up and what's not. I suspect most of what he posts is.

Terry_dactyl

Terry, psoriasis isn't a laughing matter, but that made me chuckle. I make mine in 10 litre batches and store them in the fridge in a plastic container. it depends on your mood i suppose, i've been known to accidentally spread some on my toast after mistaking it for pork drippings, seemed to work though and surprisingly didn't taste too bad.
My friend, I would never mock the afflicted.
Out of interest does this mean you’ve applied pork drippings to your skin? Let me tell you, I do this frequently and have never suffered as you have.
Although I often get chased down the street by packs of wild dogs.

Skybluedownunder

Don’t know why some people want a loan signing when so many of you are begging for Tavares to be promoted to the bench. Better off recalling Cashman seeming as he ain’t getting much gametime and him playing U23’s and promote Tavares to the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggs

You're wrong, it was definitely caused by the stress of paintball.

Covkid1968#

I’m thinking I need to try this.

Greggs

For fuck sake. I think the club should ban the players from attending places like the snowdome in tamworth and such like. Professional sportspeople shouldn't be messing around paint balling and skiing. How many games will he be out for, he guessed at 10 when I chatted with him.

Tommo1993

I saw David Bell at the roller disco, he tripped in the car park and his nose started bleeding. Out for 5 months.

Greggs

I saw David Bell at the roller disco, he tripped in the car park and his nose started bleeding. Out for 5 months.
Funnily enough i went ice skating at the cathedral just before Christmas. Thought it would be a piece of piss and had a few carlings beforehand, my god it was treacherous. Paid 18 quid each for the privilege too. Might be fun if they just let you wear trainers or those shoes sprinters wear with spikes on them, but no they have to insist on the fucking bladed boots. Waste of time, effort and money.

Greggs

Well don't you look silly now Godden has just admitted what happened.

Covkid1968#

Godders 😂 got to love football nicknames they all call each other. I can’t ever imagine calling my workmate, the University Vice Chancellor Steve Rimmel….Rimmers. Although I appreciate it comes with a bit more comedy value than Godders.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Fuckin’ bovril :LOL:

Covkid1968#

Please start sending him messages entitled Dear Rimmers!
I have a number of Finance people in my office who don’t lock their laptops when they leave the desk. I’ll test the water by sending from someone else’s email account…. I’ll just sit back and wait then. If it catches on, then old Rimmers will indeed get an email from me entitled Dear Rimmers.

CDK

How long before he can get to match fit after this operation?
Anyone got an idea?

slowpoke

How long before he can get to match fit after this operation?
Anyone got an idea?
Think it depends on the type of surgery he had, key-hole I’d think it wouldn’t be very long I think he’ll be okay by the Blackpool game.

Users who are viewing this thread