Falkirk fan - Pressley (1 Viewer)

Stevearcade

Who are we to judge any team? We're supposedly broke and facing transfer embargoes, administration and even liquidation. Our board isn't far off a revolving door, we don't own our stadium, the dispute between ACL and SISU is absurd and the laughing stock of the rest of british football, in under 15 years, we've plummeted from Premiership to league one etc...

I'd like to see Presley's era in charge see a new direction and more success. I'm hopeful and I thank the Falkirk fan for sharing his thoughts. I don't think the rudeness he's received is deserved.

psgm1

Banned
Probably only one mate the English striker Taylor is a bit of a machine, Legue 1 will be better than what he is playing in just now but he definitely looks as if could make the step up. Just had to google trolling lol i definitely wasnt doing that. Was just giving my opinion of your new manager from my point of view, definitely didnt come on for a slagging match. Maybe i was a bit naeve for thinking i could post without getting abused!!

Hate to say it Falkirk fan, but there are some immensely deluded people on here, if you dare yo give an opinion they don't like (regardless how true it is) they call you a troll or not a fan etc etc. Thanks for the honest assessment, TBH I just don't know where these other people have heard good things, but from what research they did, but certainly not on his performance!

I'm guessing because Fergie has come out with a comment (not sure how tongue in cheek or sincere it was), so all of a sudden they think he is the greatest manager in the world!

Just cannot help some people. Hope you start doing better now he's left you!

falkirk fc

The falkirk fan is quite right about presskey he's not bein a troll at all I watched the same dross every wk pressley isa very anti football 4-5-1 every wk in the scots 1st division is a joke not that long ago falkirk whete tinkerin with a bit of a relegation fight thankfully we seem 2 have pulled away now steven was gettin booed by the fans every wk we where gettin beat by teams like dumbarton it was awful we he took over we where spl needin 1 win out of the last few games 2 stay up and that was with experinced players but with his anti football we went down it wasn't always young boys at falkirk even up 2 last season we had some good players steven could and never would have got up promoted we aren't sayin this 2 be nasty its out of fear for coventry fc I hope he proves me wrong and u do well and the guy is right lyle taylor is a quyality guy and will surely move on 2 bigger and better things good luck fot the rest of the season coventry fc

Astute

The falkirk fan is quite right about presskey he's not bein a troll at all I watched the same dross every wk pressley isa very anti football 4-5-1 every wk in the scots 1st division is a joke not that long ago falkirk whete tinkerin with a bit of a relegation fight thankfully we seem 2 have pulled away now steven was gettin booed by the fans every wk we where gettin beat by teams like dumbarton it was awful we he took over we where spl needin 1 win out of the last few games 2 stay up and that was with experinced players but with his anti football we went down it wasn't always young boys at falkirk even up 2 last season we had some good players steven could and never would have got up promoted we aren't sayin this 2 be nasty its out of fear for coventry fc I hope he proves me wrong and u do well and the guy is right lyle taylor is a quyality guy and will surely move on 2 bigger and better things good luck fot the rest of the season coventry fc

Was that in Scottish? ;)

Baginton

I hope one condition Elvis signing was to bring Scotch pies into the catering, can't beat a Pie & Bovril mmm

MON THE SONS :whistle:

and for the people taking the piss out of Falkirk and Scottish football, a quick reminder of our pre season games ...

Beat Brora 5-0
Lost 1-0 to Ross County
Lost 3-1 to Inverness

Last edited:

skybluegod

Well, all I've heard about him are good things. Likes good football, brings the youth through, doesn't take any nonsense.

However, I think the length of his contract signifies that it won't happen overnight.

BTW, Falkirk Fan. Any good players we can pinch off you?
Are your trolling or drunk? They are in div 1 of the Scottish league that's like conference standard in England

falkirk_fan

Are your trolling or drunk? They are in div 1 of the Scottish league that's like conference standard in England

You would be surprised mate, obviously its not great but there can be some decent stuff now and again lol. I've watched enough English lower division games on tv and there difference in class isnt that big trust me. Anyway good luck at Scunthorpe today i'll be keeping an eye on your results from now on !

Mucca Mad Boys

Falkirk fans, thanks for the input, although I do think the tone of the posts was quite sarcastic, tbh. I was surprised to see Falkirk in Scottish D1, I don't keep track of Scottish football as I for one, think it's poor, and what Pressley said in his open letter to the SFA is on th money, whether or not he is a good manager. I don't know why you guys are saying he's 'anti football' because by all accounts, he plays good, possession football? What do you lot think of the endorsement he's received off Fergie? Can't be as bad as you make out if he gave him a "glowing report" surely?

Comments are appreciated, just as the Barsley fans' moments were, and they were totally wrong, Hill got sacked, we played good football, so I take your comments with a pinch of salt.

I think Falkirk fans should be careful what they wish for for. ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't even know where in Jockland Falkirk is?

SkyBlueCharlie

FF,

Thanks for comments, added together they are quite illuminating. I'm particularly interested/concerned that having been relegated you don't appeared to have made much progress league-wise, cup-semis etc. are all very nice but should be the icing on the cake (or Mars bar perhaps ;)). Was Pressley allowed to wheel and deal or were funds a bit short? If he did, what were the results?

By the way...I spent a couple of weeks in Falkirk in the late '80s, always remember it as a friendly place, hope it's still the same.

falkirk_fan

FF,

Thanks for comments, added together they are quite illuminating. I'm particularly interested/concerned that having been relegated you don't appeared to have made much progress league-wise, cup-semis etc. are all very nice but should be the icing on the cake (or Mars bar perhaps ;)). Was Pressley allowed to wheel and deal or were funds a bit short? If he did, what were the results?

By the way...I spent a couple of weeks in Falkirk in the late '80s, always remember it as a friendly place, hope it's still the same.

This season Pressley signed Taylor who is a machine and a very good signing but unfortunately he has signed terribly aswell, 1 of his signibgs got paid off within 3 or 4 months of signing and another got fired back out on loan (they were that bad). Dont get me wrong he has made some decent signings for us but has made just as many terrible signings. Not sure what I can say about the Fergie thing to be fair, all I can say is that he does always talk a good game but so far (in my opinion) it just didnt show on the pitch for us.

Funny how there is a lot of people having a go at Falkirk but there happy enough that there new manager came from here. I've tried to give my opinion on your new manager (im sure hardly any of you can even remember him playing for Coventry). There has been no sarcasm from my part like another poster has said but thats ok its to be expected in these forums, you should see some of the crap written on the Falkirk forum just be glad it wasnt one of them idiots that decided to post lol

Otis

No, feel free to send them over. ;)

Plenty of our own idiots for them to play with!

Appreciate your comments and will now keep a little eye on your results and progress. Good luck for the rest of the season and also in the cup.

Know nothing about Falkirk or the football club either so will have to give it a quick once over on Wiki.

falkirk_fan

No, feel free to send them over. ;)

Plenty of our own idiots for them to play with!

Appreciate your comments and will now keep a little eye on your results and progress. Good luck for the rest of the season and also in the cup.

Know nothing about Falkirk or the football club either so will have to give it a quick once over on Wiki.

Cheers Otis hopefully we can get a result against the Hibs for another Cup final day out :p

Will Pressley be taking charge of the team today or will it be a sit in the stand job?

Yeah Cheers FF, thanks for the input and good wishes, apologies for the mongs, they have very small lives and its not easy for them to understand that we are now a 3 division side with our better days behind us.:claping hands:

Brighton Sky Blue

Cheers Otis hopefully we can get a result against the Hibs for another Cup final day out :p

Will Pressley be taking charge of the team today or will it be a sit in the stand job?

You'll do no such thing-our 110 year wait for glory is nearly over!

Otis

He says he met with the coaching staff and they chose the team between them, so looks like he has had some input.

If we now lose 5-0 we will know why!

If the Falkirk Hibs game is on the tv down here I will give it a watch. When's the game being played?

And just looked at the table. I guess you have no chance of going up this year? Just one team promoted by the looks of it. No play-offs?

SkyBlueCharlie

Funny how there is a lot of people having a go at Falkirk but there happy enough that there new manager came from here. I've tried to give my opinion on your new manager (im sure hardly any of you can even remember him playing for Coventry). There has been no sarcasm from my part like another poster has said but thats ok its to be expected in these forums, you should see some of the crap written on the Falkirk forum just be glad it wasnt one of them idiots that decided to post lol

Yes, agree with all of that but as several of our more mature (in wisdom that is, not necessarily age) members have pointed out we do have our fair share of idiots too! I'm old enough to remember Pressley playing here, didn't think he was that bad to be honest, so hopefully that will come through here as our manager. On a slightly different note who do you fancy to replace him, are there any stand-out candidates?

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes, agree with all of that but as several of our more mature (in wisdom that is, not necessarily age) members have pointed out we do have our fair share of idiots too! I'm old enough to remember Pressley playing here, didn't think he was that bad to be honest, so hopefully that will come through here as our manager. On a slightly different note who do you fancy to replace him, are there any stand-out candidates?

No doubt Phil Brown will whore himself out to that job ;)

... And still not get it!

falkirk_fan

He says he met with the coaching staff and they chose the team between them, so looks like he has had some input.

If we now lose 5-0 we will know why!

If the Falkirk Hibs game is on the tv down here I will give it a watch. When's the game being played?

Its on the 13th of April, its a 12.30 kick-off which is scandalous I like for for a few (roughly 8) pints before the games and a few vodkas so i'll need to have a liquid breakfast. Things havent been great with Falkirk for a few seasons now so have to get a drink before it lol :claping hands:

falkirk_fan

No doubt Phil Brown will whore himself out to that job ;)

... And still not get it!

If i was to pick id have Paul Hartley who is currently the Alloa manager (if you's no nothing about Falkirk then you have no chance of knowing anything about Alloa). He played with Pressley at Hearts and Celtic and has done a good job with Alloa to would maybe be ready to take a step up. I think were going to wait until nearer the end of the season and see who applies for the job. The league is finished and all we have is the Cup so were in no hurry at the moment.

Otis

See your attendance average is just over 3,000. Very good that isn't it. Especially as your population is less than 40,000.

Puts us to shame that.

falkirk_fan

See your attendance average is just over 3,000. Very good that isn't it. Especially as your population is less than 40,000.

Puts us to shame that.

Our attendances have took a big dip in the last few years probably for various reasons, our average 3 or 4 seasons ago was over 5,000 (albeit when in the SPL) but even this season it has dropped again. How is the Coventry crowds doing since dropping to the 3rd division? I'd imagine a good Coventry team would attract over 20,000? Would that be right?

Otis

We wish.

We've had 30,000 once. Best after that I think has been 15,000.

It's usually around 11,000 to be honest at the mo. The Ricoh holds 32,000, so it does feel rather empty.

SBT

A few of the reactions I got from some Scottish friends of mine on another board I'm on (none are Falkirk fans):

"Off the top of my head, before Pressley, in Scotland alone, I'd have: Butcher, Shiels, McCall, Adams and Lennon, before I'd go for Pressley. All of them have achieved far more"

"Astonishing"

"Can Cov still get relegated?"

"Pressley is a wank. Seems like Coventry were turning the corner too."

"Talks the talk but is in actual fact a total fanny."

"Falkirk fans would be delighted to let you take him off their hands."

Brighton Sky Blue

Derek Adams would've been pick of the bunch. Don't think Lennon counts considering he has one of the easiest jobs around.

falkirk_fan

A few of the reactions I got from some Scottish friends of mine on another board I'm on (none are Falkirk fans):

"Off the top of my head, before Pressley, in Scotland alone, I'd have: Butcher, Shiels, McCall, Adams and Lennon, before I'd go for Pressley. All of them have achieved far more"

"Astonishing"

"Can Cov still get relegated?"

"Pressley is a wank. Seems like Coventry were turning the corner too."

"Talks the talk but is in actual fact a total fanny."

"Falkirk fans would be delighted to let you take him off their hands."

I have no idea why but Pressley is hated everywhere he goes, he was close to getting the Dundee Utd job a month or so back and not sure if this is true or not but the Utd fans protested that much that the Dundee Utd board pulled out of the deal and went elsewhere. At that point we got humped off a part-time team 4-1 and i was desperate for him to go but since that result we have improved and the signs were more positive. The football we played wasnt that great but we definitely have started playing more attcking stuff since then so maybe that was the result he needed. We have took the lead in so many games this season and lost the lead due to Pressley trying to defend that lead. He is still young and as i say i think he has learned in the last month or so.

coop

weve lost 31 points from winning position this season thats the worst in all leagues just half of that and we would be top so i hope this doesnt continue under SP

Ashdown1

Pressley took over half way through our relegation season from the SPL and failed to keep us up (definitely had a good enough squad to stay up). Our 1st season in the 1st div we had a strong squad but we failed miserably to challenge for the league which was a major disappointment. Were one of the biggest if not the biggest club in the division were in and all we have done under Pressley is go backwards. Looking at our record against fellow title challengers Pressley's record is terrible which for a team that is wanting promotion is pretty grim. Time will tell how he will do down there but Coventry fans might have to be patient for a promotion bid, the board at Falkirk have been patient with him but the demands at Coventry might not allow him that time.

Hopefully im wrong as he definitely is a decent guy. You's will win your next 10 games now and cruise into the play-offs lol :p

Demands at Coventry might not give him time??? He's landed an extraordinary 3 1/2 year contract !

falkirk_fan

Demands at Coventry might not give him time??? He's landed an extraordinary 3 1/2 year contract !

What are the expectations at Coventry just now? Are you wanting promotion or is stability the key just now? If Pressley goes down the route of youth down there you might have to put up with mid table for a few seasons while he builds, if he does it at Coventry like he did up here then i wouldnt expect promotion push right away although to be fair you might be strong enough at the moment to get promotion so i could be talking utter rubbish lol

SkyBlueCharlie

If i was to pick id have Paul Hartley who is currently the Alloa manager (if you's no nothing about Falkirk then you have no chance of knowing anything about Alloa). He played with Pressley at Hearts and Celtic and has done a good job with Alloa to would maybe be ready to take a step up. I think were going to wait until nearer the end of the season and see who applies for the job. The league is finished and all we have is the Cup so were in no hurry at the moment.

Thanks for coming on and sharing your views, shame about your result this afternoon (NOT sarcastic), enjoy the rest of the season and good luck in the cup, most of us will probably cheering you on.:claping hands:

Stafford_SkBlue

Falkirk_fan - It's amazing how the smaller Scottish football survives - You have two teams - Yours and East Stirling and is not Stenhousemuir next door as well. Are they all fully professional? or part timers like Queens Park.

Users who are viewing this thread