FAO Whoever Stated "Not One Penny More" - What Is The Aim? (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Apologies for starting a 3rd thread - seems the other two have got a bit personal. I just want the originators of the campaign to answer one simple question:

WHAT IS THE AIM OF NOT ONE PENNY MORE?

I ask because the original facebook site seems to have changed. Originally, it was to get rid of SISU. Now, it seems, they have joined forces with the Trust and are now only asking to keep the club in Coventry.

However, there appear to be other sites using the NOPM slogan, who are promoting "SISU Out".

Its getting a bit confusing. And, to be quite frank, embarrassing. If NOPM wants to tone down its aim, fair enough, but let people know, and ensure every site is singing from the same hymn sheet.

Some people will agree with one stance, some will not. Some will agree with both, some with neither. BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT CLEAR.

If not, change the name or ask the other sites so, because nobody will know where the hell you are all coming from.

The originators of the NOPM campaign don't seem to reply to facebook posts or twitter questions, so I don't suppose there is much chance of them reading this either - but if they do can you please explain to us:

NOT ONE PENNY MORE - what is the objective?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Originally it was solely a SISU OUT campaign but then the trust decided to try and take it over and purposely confuse fans by turning it into a keep the club in coventry.

So some people continue supporting the original and some not. Basically it has conflicting objectives depending on who you ask, the trust should have just distanced itself from it immediately instead of just adding to the confusion by attempting to change its direction, no wonder our clubs gone down the shitter when the fans can't even agree on what they are campaigning against

jesus-wept

Have a little think about it then come back !!

stupot07

Was it originally a Sisu out campaign? I thought it was campaign of nopm if we move from Coventry campaign originally, then changed into a sisu out campaign?

Otis

NOPM should have always been about keeping CCFC in Coventry.

I'm sure the CT would have backed it and it would have received wide spread support.

To make it a Sisu out campaign was misguided at best.

Samo

I had nothing to do with starting it but I think it's a simple concept... The only thing SISU understand is cold hard cash, so we starve them of it. It happens all the time. People disapproved of Browns' door policy, they stopped using Browns, Browns is now closed.

covmark

I had nothing to do with starting it but I think it's a simple concept... The only thing SISU understand is cold hard cash, so we starve them of it. It happens all the time. People disapproved of Browns' door policy, they stopped using Browns, Browns is now closed.

Does your comparison not ring any alarm bells?

Otis

Can you please tell me the wisdom of having a campaign that the vast majority don't support?

'Keep Coventry in Coventry. ' 'Don't take our club away.' 'Not one penny more if you move.'

All credible, all would gain excellent support.

There is absolutely no incentive whatsoever for Sisu to stay and play here in Coventry if people are talking about starving the club whatever and not going up even if we stay in Coventry.

And it will be the club you are starving.

Jim

The 'Not One Penny More' campaign was born out of the increasing number of people who stated that they would not go and watch CCFC if they were to move out of the city.

The campaign also encompassed a broad 'SISU out!' stance as the goals were essentially one and the same. Keeping the club in Coventry at the Ricoh.

The merger of the campaign with the Sky Blue Trust has refocused the campaign along a purely 'Keep CCFC in Coventry' direction as the main objective we need to aim for. This also matched the wishes of a higher majority of fans than a blanket boycott. If the club stayed in Coventry then further use of the campaign would be re-examined.

There is one official Facebook account and one Twitter account. All others are copies that have sprung up.

@NotOnePennyMore on twitter

https://m.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=468571966556656&__user=512296803

Otis

The 'Not One Penny More' campaign was born out of the increasing number of people who stated that they would not go and watch CCFC if they were to move out of the city.

The campaign also encompassed a broad 'SISU out!' stance as the goals were essentially one and the same. Keeping the club in Coventry at the Ricoh.

The merger of the campaign with the Sky Blue Trust has refocused the campaign along a purely 'Keep CCFC in Coventry' direction as the main objective we need to aim for. This also matched the wishes of a higher majority of fans than a blanket boycott. If the club stayed in Coventry then further use of the campaign would be re-examined.

There is one official Facebook account and one Twitter account. All others are copies that have sprung up.

This is entirely right and proper.

Samo

Can you please tell me the wisdom of having a campaign that the vast majority don't support?

'Keep Coventry in Coventry. ' 'Don't take our club away.' 'Not one penny more if you move.'

All credible, all would gain excellent support.

There is absolutely no incentive whatsoever for Sisu to stay and play here in Coventry if people are talking about starving the club whatever and not going up even if we stay in Coventry.

And it will be the club you are starving.

I didn't say I supported the campaign Otis, I simply stated that it is a simple concept. I said just other day on Torch's thread that if SISU remain in control we need to put everything aside and get behind the team.

RegTheDonk

Right OK Jim, thanks for clearing that up, and presume you are an official? The initial line was SISU out, but appreciate that objectives will change do to circumstances. Hopefully it won't change to "Not One Penny More If We Don't Move Back To Cov in 3 Years" lol.

So am assuming now, and apologies for being dense, that IF we don't end up playing at the Ricoh and SISU have us groundshare at Walsall, or Nene Park or wherever .... then the message is do not go to the "home" games, don't buy any merchandise, spend Not One Penny More?

Last edited:

Jim

Right OK Jim, thanks for clearing that up, and presume you are an official? The initial line was SISU out, but appreciate that objectives will change do to circumstances. Hopefully it won't change to "Not One Penny More If We Don't Move Back To Cov in 3 Years" lol.

So am assuming now, and apologies for being dense, that IF we don't end up playing at the Ricoh and SISU have us groundshare at Walsall, or Nene Park or wherever .... then the message is do not go to the "home" games, don't buy any merchandise, spend Not One Penny More?

I'm not an official but I did start the campaign and have chosen to join with Sky Blue Trust so that the campaign can be strengthened.

And yes, basically if we move to Walsall, Nene etc then boycott the club at home and follow away.

torchomatic

I get SISU out. I get Keep CCFC at the Ricoh. I get don't go to the ground share. I don't get NOPM if we remain at the Ricoh. That can only harm the club.

Nonleagueherewecome

Insert Judean People's Front joke here.

Splitters.

Nonleagueherewecome

I get SISU out. I get Keep CCFC at the Ricoh. I get don't go to the ground share. I don't get NOPM if we remain at the Ricoh. That can only harm the club.

It's the same as SISU Out, and you "get" that!

Nonleagueherewecome

ccfcway

i have taken this stance for the past 2 years...They have gone down hill since then, all down to their own complete miss management.

For me, I am NOPM even if we end up playing home games at the Ricoh. SISU are still a very very bad idea for this club, they are not getting 1p from me. See you at away games !

torchomatic

Nonleagueherewecome

No, it's not.

We have different interpretations of it, then. Maybe we need to employ a Football Priest to translate it's true meaning.

bigfatronssba

This issue has become blurred. As Fisher has said 'the boat has sailed for the Ricoh', then with sisu in charge Ccfc will never play in Coventry again. Therefore being against the move out of the city is inextricably linked to being against sisu remaining as owners.

As it stands Sisu will take the club away from Coventry, anything else at this stage must be treated as speculation.

SkyblueBazza

Laughable...campaigners & trusts that seem unable to agree on what their aims are &/or what their counterparts aims are...or even whether they've changed.
Not inspiring is it???

What we need is a leader. With clear objective that gets the vast majority behind them to relentlessly pursue the goal.

I'm wondering...IF we could get the trust disbanded whether psgm1 would be our man?

torchomatic

Nonleagueherewecome

Laughable...campaigners & trusts that seem unable to agree on what their aims are &/or what their counterparts aims are...or even whether they've changed.
Not inspiring is it???

What we need is a leader. With clear objective that gets the vast majority behind them to relentlessly pursue the goal.

I'm wondering...IF we could get the trust disbanded whether psgm1 would be our man?

_brian or however he spells it is a better Messiah-figure. He already has the right name!

eyeseye_us

Good. ..A holes.

Gary.j

So, lets get this straight.

Sisu + ground share = bad, and we should destroy sisu!

Sisu + Ricoh = good, and sisu are ok and ccfc's future is secure!

Sisu must be laughing their heads off at us!

If ccfc was an animal, you'd shoot it out of kindness. There are people on here claiming to love the club, any financial support for sisu is simply prolonging the agony, and prolonging the inevitable!

Sisu will continue to wring every last penny out of ccfc!
sisu will not suddenly start to care about ccfc!
sisu will not bring success for ccfc!

Regardless of where we play home games, sisu = misery, and the slow painful death of ccfc.

Sisu MUST be destroyed, that means TOTAL boycott! Anything less is just permission for sisu to do whatever they like, and the blame and guilt will be squarely on us because we let them do it!

Users who are viewing this thread