Favourite Ever Pub And Club ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

That's my old flat below (highlighted). Where the cars are parked was where the wall of the Livvy car park was, so you can see how close I was!

View attachment 4698View attachment 4699
Just walked past your old flat Houch and no bars on the windows ! In fact it looks okay nicely painted in fact that little corner area is neat and tidy these days. My auntie lived in the upstairs flat at number 71 just a few yards from your old flat,she was there in the 70's and I went to visit her a few times and she had it nice inside. Opposite your old home is a smart sports centre now with all-weather pitches,next to the school. Remember the chippy ? Bet you went in there !

wingy

Another one here for Scholars. I used to end up there regularly after drinking all day for home games. Despite being slightly the worse for wear the guys on the door were always great with me, including the boss. Every now and then I'd get in free too.

I use the Nursery and the Hearsall before and after Cov RFC games now but for CCFC I'll drink in town; never could find anywhere close to the Ricoh I particularly like.

You must have some good tales from the Live and Let Live HH, only other place with a reputation like that would be The Chequers I'd fancy. :)

I reckon the Black Prince and Dolphin could be Included.

mrtrench

General Wolfe in the 70s - some great music there. The club will be Moles in Bath in the 80s.

bringbackrattles

The Bantam had some interesting moments, I was only brave enough to go in once. Agree with the Dolphin as well.
Rough and ready pubs I've always found to be fine.The Dolphin and Bantam I used lots of times and had no problems at all,if you go in acting like Ronnie Kray expect trouble but if you keep yourself to yourself and know a few regulars no problem. In fact seen more violence in so called posh pubs and out in the country !

vow

Normal Saturday for mates and I in the late 80's:

The Bantam (when Bob Setch had it) from 12, all suited and booted!

Corks wine bar (as only place that opened from 6pm in town)

Three Tuns

Park lane (it got pretty messy by then).

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just walked past your old flat Houch and no bars on the windows ! In fact it looks okay nicely painted in fact that little corner area is neat and tidy these days. My auntie lived in the upstairs flat at number 71 just a few yards from your old flat,she was there in the 70's and I went to visit her a few times and she had it nice inside. Opposite your old home is a smart sports centre now with all-weather pitches,next to the school. Remember the chippy ? Bet you went in there !

Wood End chippy.jpg

Destroyed by fire. Nothing unusual for Wood End! :p

Terry Gibson's perm

When clubs like the coach makers are closed there can't be much future for the ciu club, I have been a member at the Hen Lane club for 23 years and can't have been in half a dozen times in that period, just hanging on for the life membership now more my parents want than mine.

mrtrench

Both great places. Saw The La's, amongst a few others at moles. Wonderful venue.

Moles burnt down a few years ago. So sad. Saw The Cure, Blancmange and many other bands there over the years. Was a regular on Wednesdays for Derek's Mutant Disco between 81 and 85.

henry the wasp

Moles burnt down a few years ago. So sad. Saw The Cure, Blancmange and many other bands there over the years. Was a regular on Wednesdays for Derek's Mutant Disco between 81 and 85.

Moles is apparently re-opening end of November. So that is some good news.
Only saw The Cure once and that was an open air thingy. Would have loved to have seen them in that setting.

Users who are viewing this thread