Fears and Phobias ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

After nearly drowning as a kid I've always had a fear of deep water,and still never conquered that fear. I also can't stand snakes they give me the creeps. I was wondering about fears when someone recently asked me to remove a spider from her bathroom,she was freaking out about this tiny arachnid. I laughed at this but we all have something that gives us the shivers. Any others ?

bringbackrattles

I don't like heights or flying. Spiders are fine though!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As I'm a window cleaner I'm used to heights,but don't like flying either. I once went deep down in a cave in Wales for the first time,and got a bit claustrophobic and never been down since !

RegTheDonk

Spiders - have to check the bedroom every night before dropping off. Wuss. My Brother has a tarantula, wtf is that all about?
Heights also.
And a phobia of tall structures. Strange one that. Cant walk near things like Blackpool Tower.
Like rats and mice, if that helps?

stupot07

As I'm a window cleaner I'm used to heights,but don't like flying either. I once went deep down in a cave in Wales for the first time,and got a bit claustrophobic and never been down since !
I'm not keen on motorway driving because of feeling a bit claustrophobic.

stupot07

Spiders - have to check the bedroom every night before dropping off. Wuss. My Brother has a tarantula, wtf is that all about?
Heights also.
And a phobia of tall structures. Strange one that. Cant walk near things like Blackpool Tower.
Like rats and mice, if that helps?
Me too re tall building's but that linked to fear heights.

Otis

I don't like heights, but have braved mountains on occasion.

Hate bridges, as I always have an urge to jump off and I hate enclosed spaces, lifts and the thought of being trapped.

That all stemmed from when I was little and people pinning me under the bed clothes or holding a pillow over my face.

Great parents, eh!!

Also hate needles (am fine with injections, just have to look away) and I hate anything to do with the eyes. Could never ever have contact lenses, even though they would be ideal because I need two pairs of glasses, one for normal use, one for reading and computer work.

Hate horror films with gouged eyes and suchlike and also people in general poking around their eyes.

bringbackrattles

I don't like heights, but have braved mountains on occasion.

Hate bridges, as I always have an urge to jump off and I hate enclosed spaces, lifts and the thought of being trapped.

That all stemmed from when I was little and people pinning me under the bed clothes or holding a pillow over my face.

Great parents, eh!!

Also hate needles (am fine with injections, just have to look away) and I hate anything to do with the eyes. Could never ever have contact lenses, even though they would be ideal because I need two pairs of glasses, one for normal use, one for reading and computer work.

Hate horror films with gouged eyes and suchlike and also people in general poking around their eyes.
I got stuck in a lift for half an hour last year and it was bloody horrible. It was small and hot and when I shouted through the intercom thing a voice said just keep calm, an engineer is on his way. It felt like hours when he finally came,it has now made me wary of lifts when I was fine before.

Otis

I got stuck in a lift for half an hour last year and it was bloody horrible. It was small and hot and when I shouted through the intercom thing a voice said just keep calm, an engineer is on his way. It felt like hours when he finally came,it has now made me wary of lifts when I was fine before.
The hot doesn't help. You go from wondering if it is a dream to 'Am I am my way to hell?'

(Yes I have seen the film 'Devil!')

Liquid Gold

Cats - Can't stand the evil little bastards and they know it.
Some even weirder ones, like time stopping or gravity not working and the atoms of the universe breaking apart. Probably comes from having too much of things I shouldn't have when I was younger.

skybluedan

Some even weirder ones, like time stopping or gravity not working and the atoms of the universe breaking apart. Probably comes from having too much of things I shouldn't have when I was younger.

See when I was younger and doing things I shouldn't, usually at the eclipse or helter skelter
I used to think it would make me invincible or immortal , god they were great times

skybluetony176

I used to say snakes but got up close and personal with a large Boa constrictor at the NEC pet show last year and have warmed to snakes a good bit so long as they're not venomous.

Not so keen on swimming in the sea. I always convince myself thet there's jellyfish or sharks lurking nearby.

Malaka

Anything to do with my eyes. The thought of contact lenses fills me with terror. I nearly threw up when my mother in law was telling me about the injections that she is currently having straight into her eye ball. Seriously, I would prefer blindness to having that done, unless they knocked me out prior to it

Pipehitterz

Anything to do with my eyes. The thought of contact lenses fills me with terror. I nearly threw up when my mother in law was telling me about the injections that she is currently having straight into her eye ball. Seriously, I would prefer blindness to having that done, unless they knocked me out prior to it
you should get one stuck round the back of your eye, thats not pleasant

i dont like driving over level crossings

skyblue1991

Having contact lenses is the best thing I have ever done. Would be lost without them.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

After nearly drowning as a kid I've always had a fear of deep water,and still never conquered that fear. I also can't stand snakes they give me the creeps. I was wondering about fears <snip> Any others ?
Heights did not scare me when I was younger. I remember when I was about 10, I scaled St Marys lighthouse in Blyth, Northumberland without any trepidation (you go up a spiral staircase on the inside with a completely open view from top to bottom). But now even if I go up to the second or third floor of a building, I get uneasy.
I can't say I'm afraid of water but I still cannot swim and am afraid of drowning. I also hate creepy-crawlies. Snakes don't affect me at all. I cannot stand the sound of scratches on a blackboard. That's about it.

Last edited:

Gazolba

<snip>.
Yes they are very smart and pick up on your feelings toward them. You are missing out on a lot, cats are the most wonderful creatures on Earth.

Gazolba

I'm afraid of being drugged, buried alive in a coffin, and then waking up in darkness. Saw this happen in a movie once ("The Vanishing")..

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

Heights with sheer drops and bridges frighten the life out of me. I once crawled on all fours over the ring road bridge at the canal basin as someone made it bounce when I went over it. Always go in the outside lane over the motorway at Bristol too as I dont want to be near the edge.

chiefdave

But now even if I go up to the second or third floor of a building, I get uneasy.
There is a theory that the level of fear you experience increases as you get older. The theory goes that its because you reach an age where people are more likely to be dependent on you and therefore doing yourself a serious injury has more consequences.

chiefdave

I'm not a fan of staircases that have the gaps in them. This kind of thing.
stairs open tread.JPG
Not sure why just freaks me out.

Got caught in a massive thunderstorm when I was about 10 and I wasn't too keen on them for many years but doesn't bother me now.

Monners

Due to a rare genetic disease, I have injections to to eyeballs when needed. Saves my vision and not as bad as it seems (I have to tell myself this).
Oh yeah, don't like flying

Terry Gibson's perm

The idea of being in a coffin and then waking up or pot holing, anything with confined spaces or heights (space travel is not ideal for me).

Users who are viewing this thread