Fears and Phobias ? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Off track a bit but Chinese people give me the heeby jebbies:vomit:. Went to ?Hong Zkong once and didn't know where to look as they were everywhere.

Terry Gibson's perm

Racist.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nope not at all just something may go back to a lad I went to school with who all he could do was criticise Coventry and has now moved to London and still slags off Coventry.

Gazolba

Here's a view of the inside of St. Mary's Lighthouse from the bottom. You can see the spiral staircase going all the way up. Imagine the scary view from the top looking down !
St-Marys-Lighthouse-interior.jpg

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

In my job I'm up and down ladders all the time so heights etc don't bother me. Yet my sons flat has a staircase and has only one hand rail on one side. It makes me edgy to be honest and looks like an accident waiting to happen.He laughs and says I'm being paranoid,but a mate of mine had a sister who slipped or something on an identical stairs as my sons,and sadly banged her head at the bottom and died through her injuries.

Terry Gibson's perm

When I was younger I had a fear of birds but with age the fear went and then I got married so couldn't use my new found skills anyway:(

Johnnythespider

Here's a view of the inside of St. Mary's Lighthouse from the bottom. You can see the spiral staircase going all the way up. Imagine the scary view from the top looking down !
View attachment 5597
Looks like an indoor helter-skelter to me, I'm going down head first

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Moff

I'm not keen on motorway driving because of feeling a bit claustrophobic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I understand that Stu, as I get a bit claustrophobic if stuck in a traffic jam for a while, its just the feeling of not moving and being stuck, I suppose being out of control and I just start feeling claustrophobic. Its bizarre as I love driving.

Moff

I hate flying, it's the not being in control.

I am the same Nick.

I actually loved flying for years, but due to an event in my life that's too long to go into, I started hating things like flying and even the train where I am stuck in it, under the control of someone else. The actual event of flying itself I don't mind, its just being stuck in something and for how long that I have no control over, that I hate.

Gazolba

My daughter has a fear of flying insects like flies, bees and wasps. She goes completely hysterical when she sees one. Not sure where that comes from. But it means that we can never walk in the woods or go on any type of hike or nature walk - which is one of my favourite things to do.

Nick

Administrator
I am the same Nick.

I actually loved flying for years, but due to an event in my life that's too long to go into, I started hating things like flying and even the train where I am stuck in it, under the control of someone else. The actual event of flying itself I don't mind, its just being stuck in something and for how long that I have no control over, that I hate.

I'm a bit the same on trains, don't really like roller coasters.

Worst bit on a plane is feeling when they take their foot off the gas and it feels like it's cut out

torchomatic

Heights. That it really. Hated spiders as a kid but OK now. My lad has a dog thing, which is annoying.

Oh, and I hate fairground rides; anything that spins round.

Bumberclart

Heights......Pah!
I work at this bad boy, and have to go up there about once a week. Amazing view, but not one for those with a fear of heights.

EmleyMoorMast.JPG

skybluejelly

not scared of much really but since i became a lardy fat bloke i really dont like going up ladders ...they bend too much ..and i know it will bloody hurt when i fall off

RegTheDonk

Heights with sheer drops and bridges frighten the life out of me. I once crawled on all fours over the ring road bridge at the canal basin as someone made it bounce when I went over it. Always go in the outside lane over the motorway at Bristol too as I dont want to be near the edge.
That bridge at Bristol isn't too bad these days east, used to be able to see through the side railings but its blocks now and you can't really see the sea. My fear of tall things nearly caused me to crash when driving past that Angel of the North monstrosity. And friggin windmills, why build them so close to roads, don't they know they might blow over.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I dont mind heights but not great on ladders either.

I fucking hate wasps (and those rfc cunts as well) but thats my own fucking fault cos I was a dickhead kid who used to throw stones or use lighter fuel to flame throw wasps nests......that backfired badly one day.....

Also just discovered I hate rats cos the spooky eyed smelly twats have moved in under my utility room.......I'm having a Fucking nightmare week whcih is why im pissed on a tuesday......

skybluedan

When I was a kid I used to be scared of going over that footbridge from canal basin over to Royal Mail
Can just remember feeling it move up and down under me feet and shitting myself

eastwoodsdustman

I dont mind heights but not great on ladders either.

I fucking hate wasps (and those rfc cunts as well) but thats my own fucking fault cos I was a dickhead kid who used to throw stones or use lighter fuel to flame throw wasps nests......that backfired badly one day.....

Also just discovered I hate rats cos the spooky eyed smelly twats have moved in under my utility room.......I'm having a Fucking nightmare week whcih is why im pissed on a tuesday......

Kids haven't lived if they haven't kicked poked or set fire to a wasps nest.;)

Terry Gibson's perm

That bridge at Bristol isn't too bad these days east, used to be able to see through the side railings but its blocks now and you can't really see the sea. My fear of tall things nearly caused me to crash when driving past that Angel of the North monstrosity. And friggin windmills, why build them so close to roads, don't they know they might blow over.

Those windmills should be be fine no sind in the areas they build them just there to make the greens feel better;)

Terry Gibson's perm

When I was a kid I used to be scared of going over that footbridge from canal basin over to Royal Mail
Can just remember feeling it move up and down under me feet and shitting myself

Yep agree with the canal basin one and I don't like the Ricoh one either. Also the old stairs at Mayur aquatics in Shilton the old open stairs again.

xcraigx

Spiders, flying and heights. The heights thing is strange as I tend to be perfectly fine so long as I don't reach the summit of something. I like Snowdonia and am happy walking up mountains to some extent but as soon as I get towards the top I start to feel the urge to jump off.

Gazolba

Spiders, flying and heights. The heights thing is strange as I tend to be perfectly fine so long as I don't reach the summit of something. I like Snowdonia and am happy walking up mountains to some extent but as soon as I get towards the top I start to feel the urge to jump off.
Long before the New York Twin Towers were demolished by terrorists, I went up to the viewing lounge (around 135 floors up I think). You could approach the floor to ceiling glass at the edge of the building and look down at the people and cars the size of ants. And the scary thing was the building was designed to sway in the wind and you could actually tell it was swaying a few inches back and forth as you looked out. I doubt whether I would be able to do that today.

dutchman

And the scary thing was the building was designed to sway in the wind and you could actually tell it was swaying a few inches back and forth as you looked out.

They all do! I was told when they were being built that the tower blocks in Coventry were designed to sway as much as eighteen inches. Imagine how much a 90 storey building is allowed to sway? I saw a documentary once where a resident in the Hancock Building in Chicago said she had to leave the building during high winds because the swaying freaked her out.

skybluedan

Yep.....plus various dumb dare jumps, stunts and shenanigans on level crossings, electric fences, reservoirs etc.

God I hope my lads have got more sense than I had

I used to jump on the back of horses and bulls mate off a fence up coundon wedge, so many times nearly kicked in th head And jumping over a huge fire on me bmx at Devils dungeon

skybluedan

Think I have a problem with smelly bo people , was watching the local air show today and as soon as anyone gets near me who stinks , I have to get away
Might be because I don't want others thinking its me like, some big stinky bastard moved close to me just when the blue arrows were starting to do there shit and had to move

Users who are viewing this thread