Feel like giving up (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

don't know how much more I can follow this club , season tickets year after year , every away game for years and quite literally just feel like giving up on the club .

There has to be some form of return at some point , what are we following , there is absolutely no ambition to succeed .
Thing is I can't just accept the argument anymore that you follow because you love the club , at some point the club have to give back , football is a two way business , you invest I invest , not year after year I invest and you take take take .

Totally fed up with it , can't see a positive future for this club whatsoever

Bob Latchford

Don't worry it'll all be over very soon .

Covstu

i think everyone is feeling that way to be honest but without fans like yourself the club would not exist. Think of the scenario where it may not exist full stop?? Its shit now but thats still unthinkable...

JulianDarbyFTW

I feel so jealous of other fans; the ones who only have players and managers and league positions to worry about. I have enough stress in my life without all the off-field stuff affecting what is supposed to be my way of relaxing. This club sucks.

Still, PUSB.

oucho

don't know how much more I can follow this club , season tickets year after year , every away game for years and quite literally just feel like giving up on the club .

There has to be some form of return at some point , what are we following , there is absolutely no ambition to succeed .
Thing is I can't just accept the argument anymore that you follow because you love the club , at some point the club have to give back , football is a two way business , you invest I invest , not year after year I invest and you take take take .

Afternoon Joy!!

Astute

I feel so jealous of other fans; the ones who only have players and managers and league positions to worry about. I have enough stress in my life without all the off-field stuff affecting what is supposed to be my way of relaxing. This club sucks.

Still, PUSB.
To me our club consists mainly of the name and us supporters. The rest changes all the time.

Our supporters are amongst the best if not the best. What is wrong is those running our club. It has been bad for 20 years or more. And I don't see them as CCFC.

georgehudson

the thing i can't fathom, is why they are doing this to CCFC ?
their business model must be being viewed in the financial world as catastrophic, imho, of course,
any potential new investor would think long & hard,
is there a large element of spite in all of CCFC's woes ?
surely it would be better to cut their losses now, prolonging their current stance, imho,
will only damage their reputation as each day goes by,
JUST SELL UP & GO

NortonSkyBlue

Failure is in our DNA, but in my time as a CCFC fan I have seen Villa, Forest, Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United in Div 3, Wolves, Sheffield United, Burnley, Hull and Swansea in Div 4 and they bounced back or rose to new heights despite all of the shit surrounding them at various times, some as bad as our situation in times gone by. This alone gives me hope and I too have had some dark days especially during the Sixfields debacle.
My limit of tolerance had been reached and I detached myself from all things Coventry City, but like having sexy ex wife I still went back for dabble now and again and found that I still was interested and I have invested too much emotion and energy to give up on my team.
When our day in the sun comes back I bet that you will be there and despite how bad it feels right now it will be all the sweeter for it.
Footnote- I never had a sexy ex wife, just a shit football team!

Gosford Green

Sadly I can't even say that it won't get any worse.
The level between L1 & L2 is narrow.
This team will struggle next season without Venus getting lucky and landing an Armstrong or Murphy or investment from the owner, neither are probable.

Astute

the thing i can't fathom, is why they are doing this to CCFC ?
their business model must be being viewed in the financial world as catastrophic, imho, of course,
any potential new investor would think long & hard,
is there a large element of spite in all of CCFC's woes ?
surely it would be better to cut their losses now, prolonging their current stance, imho,
will only damage their reputation as each day goes by,
JUST SELL UP & GO
They have not lost a penny yet. But they have invested. They will only have lost money if they get rid of our club and don't recover every penny that they have put in. So they won't quit until all hope of getting a return is gone.

Hedge funds don't make a profit in everything they do. But the better ones make better decisions. What they have done is shown that they are no pushover. It is the one thing that Joy will want to keep up with. We were warned when they said they batter people in court. They were nearly right. They batter people with court cases.

skybluebeduff

Only one thing to do...

giphy.gif

georgehudson

astute, i understand what you are saying, however TF was quoted as saying that they had invested over £60m with no return so far, & short of a miracle they are unlikely to recover a tenth of what they 'claim' to have put in,
& i go along with the assertion that better hedge funds make better decisions,
where then do we bracket sisu amongst hedge funds ?

Sky Blue Harry H

astute, i understand what you are saying, however TF was quoted as saying that they had invested over £60m with no return so far, & short of a miracle they are unlikely to recover a tenth of what they 'claim' to have put in,
& i go along with the assertion that better hedge funds make better decisions,
where then do we bracket sisu amongst hedge funds ?

But how much of the running costs are going back to 'them' (eg. Fisher's salary etc) TF couldn't give a flying f*** if every year he picks up a nice little wedge for himself, whilst we flounder and each year that little wedge appears against our balance sheet and is 'owed' to the owners.

Bob Latchford

They may have invested 60 million but selling the clubs assets to do so , isn't Sisu's investment - it's the fans investment over the years .

Gosford Green

Be interesting to know what salary Fisher is on, SISU have a reputation for paying the bear minimum. Somehow I doubt that applies there.

Grendel

Be interesting to know what salary Fisher is on, SISU have a reputation for paying the bear minimum. Somehow I doubt that applies there.

Fisher is not a sisu employee. He has is own risk management business and does not work anything like a full week at the club.

I'm sure his remuneration is a lot less than when mr ranson was here.

oscillatewildly

Evo, I want you to calmly climb down from the bridge railing then we'll have a chat. Everything's gonna be fine. Besides, you do realise that throwing yourself into the Sowe will only result in you injuring yourself on a partially submerged shopping trolley, don't you?

Rusty Trombone

Fisher is not a sisu employee. He has is own risk management business and does not work anything like a full week at the club.

I'm sure his remuneration is a lot less than when mr ranson was here.
His risk business had a net worth of £566 (I haven't missed any zero's off) as per the last filed accounts, so it looks like he's less successful at that than he is running a football club.

Steve.B50

We all feel the same way, I too have thought hard about walking away. My wife gave me grief for buying her a season ticket this season and she has followed the City longer than me.
My dicision was to not walk away without a fight, if my club is going to die I am going down with the sinking ship and will fight these owners in any way I can.
If they will not put the club up for sale I want to make sure they walk away with nothing.

Samo

Dear CCFC, I want a divorce... I just don't fancy you any more. :bored:

Astute

It doesn't help in this case.

Fisher isn't a bear. He acts like a right twat at times though.

ccfcway

didn't fisher say he doesn't get paid if we aren't successful. Surely he hasn't been paid a penny ?

Rusty Trombone

didn't fisher say he doesn't get paid if we aren't successful. Surely he hasn't been paid a penny ?
You're right.

Speaking after former Sisu director Onye Igwe left the club in 2012, he said: “We are going to look to get promoted, become a community club and a club which has the Academy at its cornerstone and leverages the talent that comes through. If we don’t perform, do well, get promoted, complete the transaction, I don’t get paid.”

The 'transaction' element of the plan was thought to relate to obtaining some form of stake in the Ricoh Arena.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-city-chairman-tim-fisher-9573679

Kingokings204

Losses don't bother me as much these days and this comes from someone who use to hate it and let it ruin their weekend. Not now. It's due to lack of ambition and quality of the product. Yes I'm a hardcore fan but that doesn't mean you can take the piss out of me and expect me to turn up regardless of what sisu do to our wonderful club. I can expect to pay money to watch dross every week and lose every week just because I love the club. The effort is great from the players you can clearly see they try but they are also crap footballers. More to the point they are Too young too soon and getting thrashed most weeks.

They have Ruined our club in 9 years and they are to blame regardless of the politics. The blame always lies with the owners they are the only ones in sole control. Everyone else is a side show. They haven't helped but they don't control us and nor should they.

Sisu don't even have a plan for us or won't put in any more money. It might be different then and as fans we can move on but it's just cutbacks and nearer death every year and league 2 is certain at some point. Has to be.

I am seriously considering NOPM. I don't buy the whole it won't hurt sisu. If no one turns up and pays money they haven't got anything so yes it may hurt ccfc I wouldn't argue but the way we are being run makes me think it isnt a bad thing to speed up the killing process? I don't do NOPM currently but I am seriously thinking about it. It's the only way now. Sadly it's happening naturally without a boycott etc. 8k fans without a boycott says it all. It's already happening. Sorry to talk like this genuinely sorry but it's how I feel and I wanted to share and if i feel like this then surely others do to?

Sky Blue Kid

Join the Club.

lifeskyblue

After the end of last season and before the euros I really felt I'd lost interest in CCFC (down to the owners and off field issues) and football in general (too much money etc in game).
Like a fool I renewed my season ticket. Football has been awful this season and the club sinks lower. But somehow like the stubborn idiot I am my support for the team and the fans grows. Considering where we are and what we have put up with the club is incredibly lucky to have the loyal following it does. I was so proud to be a city fan before and during the game yesterday.
So I will be there on Tuesday and I will support, cajole, shout at and despair on the night and I will be there till the club dies (if it does). I understand why many are giving up but I realise I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread