FIFA SBT League (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
How do you get these TOTW players? I started buying up Cov and ex Cov players for a team yesterday but they’re all rubbish so am currently playing with some raggydoll reject team I’ve got from random packs you earn.

Can unlock them by doing squad builder challenges too.

Got Sheaf this morning in a pack, TOTW one :)

Alkhen

How do you get these TOTW players? I started buying up Cov and ex Cov players for a team yesterday but they’re all rubbish so am currently playing with some raggydoll reject team I’ve got from random packs you earn.
I only really started with this years game and it definitely took me a while to get my head around the convoluted way you need to use the transfers/packs to get a good squad.

Id look at a beginners guide on you tube to be honest, its not hard but its definitely not intuitive.

I'd say pick off the easy objectives to get some packs. keep anything you get. if you get duplicates check if you can sell one (some/most are untradeable) you can use duplicates or players you don;t want in SBC challenges.

Apart from dropping actual cash SBCs are the easiest way to get good players. basically you traded in a set number of lesser players for greater prize. some are ridiculously stingy (Mbappe is like 12 challenges) but others are really reasonable ( I got a 93 rated Harry Kane and a Peter Schmicheal real easily) There is always a TOTW one which is where you have a chance of getting the 3 current Cov special cards. I failed every time I tried but have got some belters in there like a TOTW Gyok.

I used in game gp to buy all 3 cov totws, O'Hare, Tats and Sheaf. was about 25-30k for each one. As well as selling duplicate players on the transfer market you get GP from playing matches and get weekly pay outs for both Squadbattles (VS com), Rivals, Champions (PvP) doesnt take long to rack up a good bit of money

Alkhen

Also opening packs is such a ballache is there a way to just open and keep everything?
I think RT or RB auto collects anything that you can keep. then you check each duplicate to see if you can list them (or the one in your squad) on the transfer market.

At this point Im trashing untradable duplicates else unless its like a 85+ which I just go and cash in instantly in the SBCs

Some people have the phone App where I think you can actually retrieve trashed players for 10 days or something. I think they go through their trash and fill out SBCs the bulk reinstate the players they used from their trash.... seems a lot of effort

Alkhen

Gone back to pes 21. Eafxc is fucking terrible. What a waste of money for me
This is the first EA football game ive ever enjoyed. Was/am a huge Pes fan but eFootball is so dead content wise I caved in.

Actually liked the game play in EAFC24 but as I went through the leagues in rivals the fun definitely wore off. in the middling leagues (6+) its just so full of trick spammers it can get super painful to play.

Still loving the Evos mechanic and it is pretty satisfying soaking up 89 mins of a spammers pressure to slip through my Special Tats to slot one in last min 😀

covcity4life

It's just so fast and end to end. Like ice hockey not real football

Loving pes 21 again. But can only keep updating it for so long.

Nick

Administrator
Lol , no honestly, I usually get about 14-16 wins .. this week just hit the matchmaking jackpot
Usually the first game usually sees me playing somebody who has probably spent about 600000 on their team and then them getting random pens.

shmmeee

So not sure I’m enjoying UT.

Can’t play as Cov players cos every team I’m up against is like:

Banks
God Jesus Maldini Carlos
Zidane Gullit A Unicorn
Pele Mbappe Bigfoot

And I’m over here with my Carlos Teves loan and Milan van Ewijk trying to catch up. Any decent Cov players are like 30,000 coins, SBC looked interesting, but the search functionality is so crap it’s just endless scrolling while you squint at leagues and nationalities. Everything is fucking packs with the stupid animation, and then it’s a bunch of no name 81 rated randoms yet somehow constant duplicates. Been playing for a week and having real trouble building a team I want to play with (even simple stuff like buying the Cov badge is a nightmare).

Is this it or should I persevere/is there something I’m missing?

Nick

Administrator

Banks
God Jesus Maldini Carlos
Zidane Gullit A Unicorn
Pele Mbappe Bigfoot

And I’m over here with my Carlos Teves loan and Milan van Ewijk trying to catch up. Any decent Cov players are like 30,000 coins, SBC looked interesting, but the search functionality is so crap it’s just endless scrolling while you squint at leagues and nationalities. Everything is fucking packs with the stupid animation, and then it’s a bunch of no name 81 rated randoms yet somehow constant duplicates. Been playing for a week and having real trouble building a team I want to play with (even simple stuff like buying the Cov badge is a nightmare).

Yeah, you aren't meant to just get the players from Cov. It's about building the best team.

You can login on the PC to do SBC in a Web browser, it's easier doing it that way :)

shmmeee

Yeah, you aren't meant to just get the players from Cov. It's about building the best team.

You can login on the PC to do SBC in a Web browser, it's easier doing it that way :)

No I know, but I want to get some of the TOTW Cov players and build around them, probably with icons and the like. But 30k for an 83 rated player, then all the bollocks to evolve them. Not sure I can be jarred. The random players I’ve got are all about 82/83 anyway but half are women and none particularly stand out so I assume the right way is to use the packs you earn for SBC and make enough coin to sign players you actually want. But the prices seem like I’d have to play for months to get a decent team and the lack of a decent filter in your club or transfer market makes SBC a right chore. Just wondering if I’ve missed a trick somewhere.

Nick

Administrator
No I know, but I want to get some of the TOTW Cov players and build around them, probably with icons and the like. But 30k for an 83 rated player, then all the bollocks to evolve them. Not sure I can be jarred. The random players I’ve got are all about 82/83 anyway but half are women and none particularly stand out so I assume the right way is to use the packs you earn for SBC and make enough coin to sign players you actually want. But the prices seem like I’d have to play for months to get a decent team and the lack of a decent filter in your club or transfer market makes SBC a right chore. Just wondering if I’ve missed a trick somewhere.

Even the TOTW Cov players aren't the best though! ie Sheaf is only an 83 I think?

I got Pele by doing an SBC.

shmmeee

Even the TOTW Cov players aren't the best though! ie Sheaf is only an 83 I think?

I got Pele by doing an SBC.

I don’t like playing FIFA with anyone tho. They’re all 82/83, so I was hoping with an evolution or two they could be passable then I could focus on getting some players I like around them. I dunno, I guess it’s just different. Seems like a lot of admin, and a lot of fuss to get a team you want. And I like knowing my players inside out. I’ll stick with it for a bit, but there’s something more satisfying about beating Villa as Cov than ShmmeeeFC playing in Stockports away kit with a green 70k stadium beating “Teabag11” with a front like of Pele Ronaldo and Messi.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t like playing FIFA with anyone tho. They’re all 82/83, so I was hoping with an evolution or two they could be passable then I could focus on getting some players I like around them. I dunno, I guess it’s just different. Seems like a lot of admin, and a lot of fuss to get a team you want. And I like knowing my players inside out. I’ll stick with it for a bit, but there’s something more satisfying about beating Villa as Cov than ShmmeeeFC playing in Stockports away kit with a green 70k stadium beating “Teabag11” with a front like of Pele Ronaldo and Messi.

Guess that's when you play "Seasons".

It is fucking annoying losing though especially when these people have clearly spent shit loads of money.

Alkhen

Banks
God Jesus Maldini Carlos
Zidane Gullit A Unicorn
Pele Mbappe Bigfoot

It can be a grind for sure. if you are just playing against the com in squad battles then you can build a good Cov squad, Maybe start with ex players mixed in until you get some coin banked. try the evolutions to bump some of the lower rated players up a bit. I found it a decent challenge to try level up all my silver Cov players to at least gold.

I never spend coin on packs unless they are those 30 coin ones, you can get cash pretty quick by selling players on the transfer market and playing squad battles on a decent level.

Have you picked off the challenges with decent rewards? some of them give you players and packs

I genuinely think there is a glitch where the Coventry badge isn't in the packs. I have never seen anyone with it or even seen it in the transfer market. I got both kits but it took some time searching them. I think people forget to list kits and badges they don't want. I found selling badges and kits I dont want go pretty quick.

San Francisco

I run two squads. A main high rated team then a Cov team I’m building.

IMG_0333.png

I genuinely think there is a glitch where the Coventry badge isn't in the packs. I have never seen anyone with it or even seen it in the transfer market. I got both kits but it took some time searching them. I think people forget to list kits and badges they don't want. I found selling badges and kits I dont want go pretty quick.

I’m not the only one then! Been borderline impossible to find city kits and badge and when they do appear they’re at max price.

Alkhen

This is where I'm at with my Coventry squad:
IMG_20240131_175354.jpg
IMG_20240131_175249.jpg
Simms is nearly up to 81 with power header +, also have that Howley upgrade bubbling along. Bit screwed as EA haven't done GK Evos yet. Always going to be a weak spot. Also because MVE has 90 pace as standard he doesn't seem to fit any Evo so far so could hold me back a bit.

My main XI:
IMG_20240131_175429.jpg

Tats and Eccles make the cut above better players, just so used to them and their playstyle+ perks set them apart. Tats has Trivela+ so can cut in and score mad curling efforts.

Alkhen

If you haven't already, spam any SBC that is classed as 'Player Pick'
The 80+ one at the mo is a good way of clearing 75-80 trash and with the pick option you get better odds of something a bit better and a choice so you can hopefully avoid duplicates.

View attachment IMG_20240131_141523.jpg

Nick

Administrator
It can be a grind for sure. if you are just playing against the com in squad battles then you can build a good Cov squad, Maybe start with ex players mixed in until you get some coin banked. try the evolutions to bump some of the lower rated players up a bit. I found it a decent challenge to try level up all my silver Cov players to at least gold.

I never spend coin on packs unless they are those 30 coin ones, you can get cash pretty quick by selling players on the transfer market and playing squad battles on a decent level.

Have you picked off the challenges with decent rewards? some of them give you players and packs

Yeah I haven't seen anything cov. It was hard enough getting the kits.

San Francisco

Simms is nearly up to 81 with power header +, also have that Howley upgrade bubbling along. Bit screwed as EA haven't done GK Evos yet. Always going to be a weak spot. Also because MVE has 90 pace as standard he doesn't seem to fit any Evo so far so could hold me back a bit.

Was going to ask how you got Eccles to 89. If only Ogrizovic was an icon!

Alkhen

Was going to ask how you got Eccles to 89. If only Ogrizovic was an icon!
I really wish EA would make loads more icon/hero players, more obscure clubs getting a bit of love.

It was a choice between Eccles and Sheaf for that Evo, both fit the criteria but thought it'd be a waste to do Sheaf as he already had a TOTW card. Also he was a lot slower in the final Ev. It cost some coin to do but was worth it.

shmmeee

Starting to get into UT a bit more. Still frustrating as hell with all the admin tasks to do, but got a team where no one is below 87 which is nice and have ego’s up Gyokeres to 87 and a beast and one of the future stars to 90 with 97 pace so actually have some quality now. Looking at saving up for the right side evo for Saka now. Basically saving all the egos for Cov players. Annoyed EMC is so shit and we don’t have a left winger for that one.

Hopng with Cov and ex Cov and TOTW I can build a playable team. Thinking this so far:

Schmiecal
MvE ?? ?? Maatsen
Hamer Sheaf
Saka Maddison ???
Gyokeres

Any tips for players who fit the criteria and could be bumped up from a TOTW card to the mid 80s appreciated.

Alkhen

Starting to get into UT a bit more. Still frustrating as hell with all the admin tasks to do, but got a team where no one is below 87 which is nice and have ego’s up Gyokeres to 87 and a beast and one of the future stars to 90 with 97 pace so actually have some quality now. Looking at saving up for the right side evo for Saka now. Basically saving all the egos for Cov players. Annoyed EMC is so shit and we don’t have a left winger for that one.

Hopng with Cov and ex Cov and TOTW I can build a playable team. Thinking this so far:

Schmiecal
MvE ?? ?? Maatsen
Hamer Sheaf
Saka Maddison ???
Gyokeres

Any tips for players who fit the criteria and could be bumped up from a TOTW card to the mid 80s appreciated.

Takes a while but there is definitely something satisfying about building odd squads and chasing specific players or evolutions. I tried a hybrid legends team, CBs were the hardest.

I have that almost cheat Howley evolution at 89 who plays CB and a pretty decent Kitching now so have to go with those.

There are a few decent variations of Callum Wilson you can pick up reasonably but may struggling to slot them in your formation.

Hero Joe Cole cards are reasonably priced usually. There is also a TOTW Adam Armstrong

Alkhen

Still chipping away at my Coventry squad.

Screenshot_2024-03-07-17-21-37-413_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg
Screenshot_2024-03-07-17-21-44-019_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate-edit.jpg
Think I may have to admit defeat in the keeper as they never drop evolutions for them.

There is currently an Evo that will fit MvE but it's 100k to bump him to 79 :/ just seems too much.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Schmiecal
MvE ?? ?? Maatsen
Hamer Sheaf
Saka Maddison ???
Gyokeres

Joe Cole

shmmeee

Just had the weirdest thing. I’m the menus and it stops responding if I try to load the store or player actions. So I quit the game. Go to restart it and it’s not installed on my ps5 any more. Had to go into the store and download it again.

Alkhen

general election uk GIF by BBC

shmmeee

Got Sheaf to 88 Saka to 87 Vik to 87, starting to get a CCFC feel to my go to squad now. Simms TOTW came in literally my first pack, he’s good but not good enough but got my eye on an evo to take him to 90, and one for Bidwell to get him to 89. Might just have a Cov squad before it all goes in the bin for next season.

Users who are viewing this thread