Finally becoming a reality (1 Viewer)

ccfcmustang

First time on Sky Blues Talk since Saturdays inspiring game at Crawley. Yes I said inspiring. Standing on the 2 foot high terraces singing our hearts out against our owners and watching Steve Waggott looking on in shame as our heroes began invading the pitch. CCFC fans are the most passionate I have ever seen. (probably biased)

This BS surrounding our club and the the move to Northampton seemingly complete its time we faced reality and as supporters, collectively put an end to this hurt. Everyone concered knows that once that ball is kicked in the centre circle of sixfields on sunday our club will have left the city for good. CCC or any neighbouring council will simply not allow planning permission for any stadium Fishface has got planned. There is no return. By the football league only docking 10 points (out of embarrassment with the way they have conducted themselves throughout) they expected us supporters to be appeased by the decision and 'quiet down'. This is exactly the opposite of what we need to do. We need more protests more publicity.

All sides of this bitter argument have starteed to realise that each party were equally at fault for our sorry demise. Its time to really drill home the message we are sending. I dont believe people truly believed that we would kick off at Northampton next sunday but now the reality is dawning. I believe now it is time to up the anti and take our football club back. We are the only people who can now.

If I had it my way I would fill sixfields for one game, and at a certain time in the game encourage as many people to invade the pitch as possible. Fill the pitch and sit down. I know people will say 'i cant get arrested' or 'ill lose my job' but if you all want your football club back as much as i do this is the last resort but one that is needed. imagine the scene and 6000 coventry fans descend on the pitch calling for the owners to be ousted. There are no repercussions to doing this, by sitting down you cannot get a footballing ban as it is classed as a peaceful protest. SISU will get fined propbably more than all the gate reciepts combined. Police presence will have to be increased at every Coventry game therefore more taxpayers money that Northmpton as a town do not want to spend. They can only make us play behind closed doors which will also leak SISU money. on the pitch protests are maximising unwanted publicity for the club and continual fines until they have no other option but to play our games behind closed doors. Thats when we can go watch CCFC ladies at the ricoh and encourage as many CCFC fans there every other week and show more unity.

Before this post is laughed off by some fans on here id just like to say. Nothing great has ever happened in the history of humanity without pain. Nelson Mandela, MLK, Malcolm x and many many others had to go through extraordinary pain before reaping the rewards.

Lets bring her home brothers

PUSB

covkid69

I mentioned a pitch sit in a few weeks ago but it has to be a totally peaceful protest.only problem is will you get the odd few chavs who will see it is a way of having a scrap.
We have fans from other clubs who are on our side and the last thing we want is some chavs spoiling it

ccfcmustang

I understand that but in a group of 5000/6000 fans sitting on the pitch it will be obvious who the offenders are and they can be dealt with accordingly. I dont think they is any other option. The worst outcome is the club getting fined every week. eventually that will starve SISU out. Imagine the publicity before every single game. The FL would be forced into making some sort of decision. Oragnised properly invading the pitch is the biggest statement we can give

ccfcmustang

Each party equally at fault ?
Pay and fill Sixfields ?
Illegally invade the pitch ?

Just do what we are doing. Avoid Sixfields and we will be back.
TF is telling his investors we will be back to support. They will not be pleased.
I completely agree with what your saying however that could take years and the longer we are away from Coventry the less likely we are to ever return. By invading the pitch and getting the club fined every week until they are starved out will take months and make our situation global news. Once we go Global these investigations will be intensified and the truth will come out.

But 7,000+ at the Ricoh on Sunday will make an equally big statement that the Ricoh is our true home. Go to away games, purchase tickets from the away club and boycott Northampton.

wantedDOA

I couldn't agree more. I just wish I had the bollocks on Saturday to protest on the pitch. I think if it was done on mass it could happen. I think it's only a matter of time. Desperate times call for desperate measures It just needed a few more to go and I'm convince a lot more would have joined in. I don't class myself as a hooligan and I've never been arrested for any disorder at any of the hundreds of games I've attended. The FL authorities are hoping we will just hold a few poxy banners up for a few games and then disappear into the history books. If City fans want their club back then it's going to take some high profile, big publicity events that they cannot ignore. I thought it was going to be my last game on Saturday but I saw enough fight in my fellow supporters to know that we will not go down without a fight. Lets get organised and take OUR club back for the fans and all the future generations of Coventry.

ccfcmustang

But 7,000+ at the Ricoh on Sunday will make an equally big statement that the Ricoh is our true home. Go to away games, purchase tickets from the away club and boycott Northampton.

Im only suggesting that this happens for one game at sixfields, maybe MK Dons? For that to happen it would be international news. 6000 fans invading the pitch causing a postponement would be a much more coveted story than going to the Ricoh. I will be at the Ricoh sunday as i support that Idea i am just saying that one game invading the pitch and refusing to move would cause uproar.

ccfcmustang

I couldn't agree more. I just wish I had the bollocks on Saturday to protest on the pitch. I think if it was done on mass it could happen. I think it's only a matter of time. Desperate times call for desperate measures It just needed a few more to go and I'm convince a lot more would have joined in. I don't class myself as a hooligan and I've never been arrested for any disorder at any of the hundreds of games I've attended. The FL authorities are hoping we will just hold a few poxy banners up for a few games and then disappear into the history books. If City fans want their club back then it's going to take some high profile, big publicity events that they cannot ignore. I thought it was going to be my last game on Saturday but I saw enough fight in my fellow supporters to know that we will not go down without a fight. Lets get organised and take OUR club back for the fans and all the future generations of Coventry.

Exactly my point, desperate times call for these desperate measures and i am sure that this is the only way of being able to disrupt whats going on. It would show how much power us supporters do have, theres a lot more fight left in our stomachs

n16e

Why not go to one game (sooner rather than later) and turn our backs for the whole 90 minutes?.....surely that will get loads of press coverage, and no one gets arrested.

Wm65

Going onto the field of play is now a criminal offence - sitting down on the pitch is a criminal offence .

davedoubledex

First time on Sky Blues Talk since Saturdays inspiring game at Crawley. Yes I said inspiring. Standing on the 2 foot high terraces singing our hearts out against our owners and watching Steve Waggott looking on in shame as our heroes began invading the pitch. CCFC fans are the most passionate I have ever seen. (probably biased)

This BS surrounding our club and the the move to Northampton seemingly complete its time we faced reality and as supporters, collectively put an end to this hurt. Everyone concered knows that once that ball is kicked in the centre circle of sixfields on sunday our club will have left the city for good. CCC or any neighbouring council will simply not allow planning permission for any stadium Fishface has got planned. There is no return. By the football league only docking 10 points (out of embarrassment with the way they have conducted themselves throughout) they expected us supporters to be appeased by the decision and 'quiet down'. This is exactly the opposite of what we need to do. We need more protests more publicity.

All sides of this bitter argument have starteed to realise that each party were equally at fault for our sorry demise. Its time to really drill home the message we are sending. I dont believe people truly believed that we would kick off at Northampton next sunday but now the reality is dawning. I believe now it is time to up the anti and take our football club back. We are the only people who can now.

If I had it my way I would fill sixfields for one game, and at a certain time in the game encourage as many people to invade the pitch as possible. Fill the pitch and sit down. I know people will say 'i cant get arrested' or 'ill lose my job' but if you all want your football club back as much as i do this is the last resort but one that is needed. imagine the scene and 6000 coventry fans descend on the pitch calling for the owners to be ousted. There are no repercussions to doing this, by sitting down you cannot get a footballing ban as it is classed as a peaceful protest. SISU will get fined propbably more than all the gate reciepts combined. Police presence will have to be increased at every Coventry game therefore more taxpayers money that Northmpton as a town do not want to spend. They can only make us play behind closed doors which will also leak SISU money. on the pitch protests are maximising unwanted publicity for the club and continual fines until they have no other option but to play our games behind closed doors. Thats when we can go watch CCFC ladies at the ricoh and encourage as many CCFC fans there every other week and show more unity.

Before this post is laughed off by some fans on here id just like to say. Nothing great has ever happened in the history of humanity without pain. Nelson Mandela, MLK, Malcolm x and many many others had to go through extraordinary pain before reaping the rewards.

Lets bring her home brothers

PUSB

After just general browsing of this site for the last 3 months, joined up just to agree with this.

italiahorse

Im only suggesting that this happens for one game at sixfields, maybe MK Dons? For that to happen it would be international news. 6000 fans invading the pitch causing a postponement would be a much more coveted story than going to the Ricoh. I will be at the Ricoh sunday as i support that Idea i am just saying that one game invading the pitch and refusing to move would cause uproar.

We would loose any sympathy we would have. Certainly the opposing fans at the game would hate us.
Public disorder never helped anyone. Stick together and stay away from the place.

mrbluesky87

Going onto the field of play is now a criminal offence - sitting down on the pitch is a criminal offence .

Ive never had a crriminal record but if thats the case then I may have soon. Lets face it, whether people agree or not (I dont condone it) but I dont disagree under these circumstances who is going to stop at worst 2 to 3 (maybe more) thousand people at one. Are they all going to get banning orders???? The club couldnt afford them to.

mrbluesky87

We would loose any sympathy we would have. Certainly the opposing fans at the game would hate us.
Public disorder never helped anyone. Stick together and stay away from the place.

I dont think we would lose sympathy as long as it was peaceful. Sit in the centre circle for say 3 mins and then al get back up and walk back to the stands?

ccfcmustang

Ive never had a crriminal record but if thats the case then I may have soon. Lets face it, whether people agree or not (I dont condone it) but I dont disagree under these circumstances who is going to stop at worst 2 to 3 (maybe more) thousand people at one. Are they all going to get banning orders???? The club couldnt afford them to.

Exactly, they cannot arrest everyone. At crawley it was mentioned that if 500 or more fans go onto the pitch the game would have to be abandoned and they cannot arrest some people or not others. it would bring global coverage and fishface gets a nice hefty fine to deal with. Playing the victim supporters will get us nowhere. It hasnt since 2001 and nothing suggests it will now. If people have genuine love for our club and want them to return to our city its time to take a stand and show that we simply will not have this. Give SISU no choice but to sell up and leave. The FL wouldnt have a clue what to do and it would also be a blessing in disguise because this sort of thing would never happen to a football club again

n16e

"Turn your back on SISU - WE HAVE".....one game, everyone wears the T shirt, loads of press coverage....like I said no one gets arrested...yes SISU get the revenue but it would be worth it to keep the issue in the spotlight.

dadgad

Agree wholeheartedly with OP.
Very important that whatever way we choose to protest we do it together.
This needs pulling together sharpish.

ccfcmustang

Invading the pitch I understand is an extreme thing to do, however it is the only option left because staged protests and the like clearly have no bearing on SISU's conscience. If we stand together and and even pitch invade for one game SISU will have have to answer us.

GusG

if a dozen fans at Crawley got that much coverage imagine how much a good few thousand would get..

ccfcmustang

Lose sympathy? I cant understand that, I certainly do not want sympathy from anyone or any other club for that matter. I want my club back at my city and I will do something about it. We should take the fight to SISU we will be the only victors, no matter how hard it may be

dadgad

I agree , we will loose sympathy ..it would be a bigger statement to stay away

Or unleash sympathy by getting the press coverage this campaign warrants?

Typically the fragmented way that this is going means no-one knows what's best to do.

Wm65

Or sisu may say why bother going back to coventry with fans like that and stay away forever with other clubs beginning to sympathise with them and coventry fans seen as the villains .

jimmyhillsfanclub

Whilst I'd admire the passion within this thread......you are pissing in the wind....

...We barely managed to muster 5000 to go for a protest stroll around their home town the other week....

.....when it comes down to actually jumping the barriers & running past the police & stewards, you are never gonna get more than about 50 lads to invade the pitch & risk arrest etc.

Best place to protest at present is at the Ricoh on Sunday.....

Stay away from sixfields.

Last edited:

Wm65

Whilst I'd admire the passion within this thread......you are pissing in the wind....

...We barely managed to muster 5000 to go for a stroll around there home town the other week....

.....when it comes down to actually jumping the barriers & running past the police & stewards, you are never gonna get more than about 50 lads to invade the pitch & risk arrest etc.

Totally 100% correct !

ccfcmustang

...We barely managed to muster 5000 to go for a protest stroll around their home town the other week....

This is where I see the problem in attracting numbers. I believe though thta if 50 people start the rest will follow. Its being that first person to jump the barriers i understand that everyone will wait for someone else. But when are people going to realise that doing what we are doing is influencing nothing. there will come a point in this season where 90% of fans will agree that a pitch invasion is the only way we will get heard by SISU.

SkyblueBazza

"Turn your back on SISU - WE HAVE".....one game, everyone wears the T shirt, loads of press coverage....like I said no one gets arrested...yes SISU get the revenue but it would be worth it to keep the issue in the spotlight.

SISU may well be encouraged by the attendance figures though...& the team demoralised...if they score do they get cheers? Bet most of those attending would be unable to resist watching!

Noggin

if you want a game where everyone invades the pitch do it at an away game, then you won't be giving money to sisu, it will still make the news just as well. if you can't convince 1.5k people to do it an away game you have zero chance of first convincing 6k people to go to sixfields then convince them to invade the pitch.

Noggin

This is where I see the problem in attracting numbers. I believe though thta if 50 people start the rest will follow. Its being that first person to jump the barriers i understand that everyone will wait for someone else. But when are people going to realise that doing what we are doing is influencing nothing. there will come a point in this season where 90% of fans will agree that a pitch invasion is the only way we will get heard by SISU.

The first person jumped the barriers this weeked, hundreds did not follow.

ccfcmustang

if you want a game where everyone invades the pitch do it at an away game, then you won't be giving money to sisu, it will still make the news just as well. if you can't convince 1.5k people to do it an away game you have zero chance of first convincing 6k people to go to sixfields then convince them to invade the pitch.

Hmm i agree, however i love the thought of SISU getting th revenue for us all going to Northampton and then getting fined double for failue to control the fans! I genuiney believed it was going to happen on the 60Th minute at Crawley, however scoring on the 59th fucked that plan up haha. Pitch Invasions are the only way i believe that we have any chance of getting rid of SISU. They simply will not be able to function when games are being abandoned, heavy fines, global publicity. The league will have to take drastic action against the club. At the end of the day, its not about the football anymore, not for this season at least. SISU constantly talk about 'long term future being secure' but our short term future is far more important at the minute. Our short term goal should be getting back in Coventry and we can rebuild from there

ccfcmustang

The first person jumped the barriers this weeked, hundreds did not follow.

I believe with the right planning and leadership this will happen. Whether its next week or last game of the season, eventually we will be a united front knowing that pitch invasions are the only way of getting rid of SISU and returning to Coventry

Users who are viewing this thread